OxygenOS is here [Installation Guide]

1. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

flameonfzn , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Okay then.. The first thing you gotta do is unlock your phone's bootloader and install a custom recovery. Also root it by installing supersu. This may sound difficult but let me give you a link which will take you to a video of step by step instructions to do all this and also you will find the OPO toolkit required to this in this link.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one#root
    Also before doing all this make sure your drivers are installed.

2. Jasonfoss
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

Jasonfoss , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Well this isn't simple, for a non-tech person. How did we not get this over the air. Anyone is the Boston area i can pay to do this for me?

3. Deactivated User
    Apr 4, 2015

4. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

To install the adb drivers. Download this software
    http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
    Install it, open it And attach your phone with your pc.. Install your drivers.

5. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Are you kidding.. I downloaded it in 45mins

6. nicrim
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

nicrim , Apr 4, 2015 :
    How often to Oxygen updated OS? 1 time per week, month, quarter? :)

7. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

It's a different rom.. Not cyanogenmod.
    Please don't attempt if you have no idea, you will probably brick your phone.

reverenddak likes this.
  8. pierce61
    Donut Apr 4, 2015

pierce61 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Rolling back!
    Waiting for CM12S or OxygenOS to improve.
    Need a stable to rom to work, like CM11s, is.
    Always thought that the delay could bring stability and some new stuff that justified it!
    No!
    It's basic, and bring severall bugs instead.
    I think it's my mistake, considering that OPO could be better then it really is!
    It's a pity as it's a really good hardware for the price.

9. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Noone knows yet.

10. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Bugs like? M not facing any bugs in oxygen.. Yeah just lack of features.

11. Hamdersimon
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

Hamdersimon , Apr 4, 2015 :
    I still haven't installed it, i still can't install the ******* recovery, all the commands in the terminal work except fastboot

12. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

No error. You must be doing something wrong.

13. semper80
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 4, 2015

semper80 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    If you do not think you can do this without ruining your phone, I recommend you to wait a day before coming update to Cyanogenmod (OTA)

14. hgontier
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

hgontier , Apr 4, 2015 :
    Dear OnePlus team,
    I will wait for a fully working Lolipop based OS to be ready Over The Air as I am not an engineer and I use a headset (your list of bugs includes headsets).
    When do you expect a Lollipop based full functionning update to be available OTA ?
    Thank you again not to forget people who just don't want to be Beta Testers or engineers or super techy in ROMs and other stuff.
    The installation procedure is obviously not designed for the average Consumer I am :)
    All the best!
    H.

alpbaruh and rrtong like this.
  15. jayvin2013
    Eclair Apr 4, 2015

jayvin2013 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    I don't think you can get a OTA Update because this isn't a rom made by Cyanogen. It's made by OnePlus meaning that a OTA Update isn't possible since they are two different types of roms. Here's a example. Imagine that you have a remote control for your TV and your remote has AA batteries. The remove represents your phone and the AA batteries represent Cyanogenmod. You could change the AA batteries for new ones. Changing representing updating the Cyanogenmod rom. Let say you want to use AAA batteries instead of AA. The AAA represents OxygenOS. Well in order to do that, you would have to modify the remote control since it doesn't just accept AAA batteries like that. Modifying representing flashing the OxygenOS rom on your phone. This may or may not have been a terrible example, but my point was the two roms from two companies will not work together.

16. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Are you sure your zip file is complete?

17. flameonfzn
    Gingerbread Apr 4, 2015

Just use a file explorer. I recommend es file Explorer.

18. pierce61
    Donut Apr 4, 2015

pierce61 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    WIFI disconnecting, bluethoot problems pair up to my car radio. Some applications i use staled.
    It's enough to me, to rollback and waiting for a better release

19. swieprecht86
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2015

swieprecht86 , Apr 4, 2015 :
    I've looked and can't find this mentioned by someone else so wondering if its just me... my OxygenOS doesnt seen to offer Face Unlock as a security method. Anyone know the reason?

20. atan_cion
    Froyo Apr 4, 2015

flameonfzn likes this.