OxygenOS is here [Installation Guide]

1. dejmago
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

dejmago , Apr 5, 2015 :
    yeah same... but it just stopped during the flash and said waiting for device... and the phone was completely gone. any way I was able to get it back to life, thank god

2. dejmago
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

dejmago , Apr 5, 2015 :
    phoen did not work at all. no fast boot bootloader nothing... but I managed to get it back to life cause of a very helpful post on XDA

3. jrcoakley83
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

jrcoakley83 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Can anyone help? Everything I open TWRP Manager, I'm getting the following message: "Root is required for this app." I thought the OnePlus One was unlocked so am I missing something here.

Thanks,
    JC

4. dejmago
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

dejmago , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I used Wugfresh's toolkit cause I assumed it would just flash it.... but seems like it doesnt just do that....

Deactivated User likes this.
  5. gholz68
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

gholz68 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    flashing your phone is more complicated than reformatting your PC. With all the complaints right now that is understandable. But success can only be achieved through learning, experience and following instruction. Oxygen OS is a basic lollipop AOSP with a little tweak but is fully functional and stable. If you fail ask those who able to make it instead of making tirade about your phone. Remember, you bought this phone cheap with simple android experience to play around. Else, you better buy expensive phone with bloated software you have no control. Try harder. Installing driver, fastboot, unlock bootloader, flash TWRP recovery, flash OS zip file and root using superuser (SU) are the steps you need to jump from CM to Oxygen OS.

Follow this guide. All the link in the description of the video.

After you successfully completed it, connect your phone to your pc via usb and copy paste the flashable zip file you had extracted from the zip file you had downloaded to TWRP folder. reboot your phone into recovery ( power button + volume down button ) and touch Install. Find and open TWRP folder and touch the flashable zip. Swipe to flash and reboot. Wait until the phone reboot and ask you to complete the setup of your new Oxygen OS.

If in doubt and almost give up, find someone who made it and ask. Only Oneplus can make you an end maker not an end user.

6. Praveen Maruti Darvesh
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

7. gholz68
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

gholz68 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Oh don't forget to touch wipe and select everything except the internal storage and otg before the Install. Goodluck.

8. madaca
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

madaca , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I had success. I'm loving this phone. After flashing, I see that the home screen now has the google app to the left screen. Is there a way yo turn it off? Also I can't seem to figure out how to delete the google search bar from the top of the home screen. Ive done it before but I can't figure it out with the new oxygen is.

9. AMITKADIA
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

AMITKADIA , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Installed...... Only one thing I can say..... Extremely disappointed. There is no messaging app in.....You cannot make users to compulsorily use the Hangouts app...... I know this is the first build and there are way more builds to go in the future.... But you should not take away some basic features of any OS... Going back to BlissPOP....till the issues are fixed

10. gholz68
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

gholz68 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Yes it is, and there's a feedback apps for future features development whatever you want possible.

OUSCA2007 likes this.
  11. morgoth94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

morgoth94 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Download a different launcher from the Play Store like Apex and then you can chose to not have the search bar.

madaca and OUSCA2007 like this.
  12. OUSCA2007
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

OUSCA2007 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I'm going to hang back for the bugs to be ironed out....but... I'll try the rooting procedure in prep for either of the stable ROMs out there or just the Oxygen...

13. morgoth94

Download a different messenger app form the Play Store and then watch this video. The video is about a different subject but it shows how to change the default message app.

OUSCA2007 likes this.
  14. OUSCA2007
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

Thanx for that pointer ....well received here...

morgoth94 likes this.
  15. easwar007
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

easwar007 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Good that they released oxygen os!! But more features need to be added and bugs fixed.One plus need to work hard for that!!
    So i decided to stay with my lollipop 5.1 custom Rom by Team Noctural!!! Which is very stable and best battery life.. And is unbelievable for an alpha lollipop 5.1.. So i cant afford to lose all that and revert back to 5.0.2

16. kolli.prabhu
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

17. tonyswang
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

tonyswang , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I'm getting the unable to verify signature when i'm trying to flash it.
    help?

18. OUSCA2007
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

..nice demo...but is there no audio...?

19. morgoth94

I just played it from your reply and had audio. Idk whats going on.

20. troyolson92
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

troyolson92 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I really can't believe this is it. That's all. All custom Roms way beyond this. They could have just built off of slimrom and been way ahead. Very bla. Can we at least rip the modem out for slimrom?