OxygenOS is here [Installation Guide]

1. troyolson92
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

troyolson92 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I really can't believe this is it. That's all. All custom Roms way beyond this. They could have just built off of slimrom and been way ahead. Very bla. Can we at least rip the modem out for slimrom?

2. 12512
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

12512 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Yeah....sure I'm taking deep breath that I'm not going to install Oxygenos.... Hehehe:p:D

3. gholz68
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

gholz68 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    you can download the messaging app in the play store and any other apps you like. I presumed Oxygen OS will evolve based on the users feedback and not by its will in the near future.

4. abhishek_karna
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

5. Mjo
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2015

Mjo , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I don't know. too early to tell yet.. :) checking the batt life for now.

M4ENY likes this.
  6. troyolson92
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

Next they need to get layers imbedded for theming!! And remain easy to root. With this they have a shot. Without theming and root friendly the "two" is dead. They are too slow in ROM to keep up to others. Best off partnering with slim.

7. M4ENY
    KitKat Apr 5, 2015

M4ENY , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I don't know if I should just stay with CM11s and wait for the CM12 OTA or go Oxygen lol.

Mjo likes this.
  8. nathanchilton
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

nathanchilton , Apr 5, 2015 :
    OxygenOS is not going to be an over-the-air update. If you want it, you'll have to install it manually via recovery.

9. troyolson92
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

Just install it, try it and provide feedback for improvements. Easy to jump back and forth. Make a backup.

10. neugal
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2015

11. Mjo
    Marshmallow Apr 5, 2015

Mjo , Apr 5, 2015 :
    It's best to stay for now I guess if you use your phone for everything :) I don't use my phone that much, so it was not hard for me to wipe all data and flashed a new rom. If CM12 will roll out, I might change to CM12..

M4ENY likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Apr 5, 2015

13. gholz68
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

gholz68 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    There's should be no problem going back and forth with different and multiple OS. The problem is how most of the end users can do it as what this thread is flooded with manual installation problem.

14. Sumed
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2015

Sumed , Apr 5, 2015 :
    Hey guys, if you flashed oxygen os i would like to know where did you back up all the data on the phone? i am pretty new to flashing in general so i need help. thanks

15. raajeev
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

raajeev , Apr 5, 2015 :
    The whole thing on upgrade sounds Greek to me. I am a gadget loving guy who used to be a techie but no more.

Since when I need to learn and use SDK just in order to update my OS. That too the legit OS from the manufacture . Most of the steps sounds complex and have a disclaimer... "You have been warned...." You may lose your data... N scary stuff.

I prefer an IOS style update option in settings that just want me to plug the power to device and Viola!!! After 5 minutes I have upgraded everything. No loss of data whatsoever... All apps in place and smooth like silk. I don't even need to bother to tether the device to PC or anything. The magic happens in the background.

Is there any easier way to get lolipop or I need to learn this ******* stuff just coz I made the mistake to buy n support an unknown but promising device. I know it was my decision but I was never told that these guys are so darn techie and novice at business.

Any help on a simpler update method would save the holidays.

Thanks and happy easter to all.

16. morgoth94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 5, 2015

morgoth94 , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I just copied all the data to my PC and then moved it back when I was done. I use the Google Now launcher and that remembers what apps you had installed and replaces them automatically.

17. jparedesj
    Eclair Apr 5, 2015

jparedesj , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I m a fan of CM... CM11s it's so good, I love it... Nothing bad to say as a regular user of my OPO while I'm with CM11s...now I give a try to Oxygen... Is good...smooth, simple, but good... I only miss the CM CameraNext... I downloaded it and no problem... It's Working as usual..
    I know that it has no CM Theming and other features that are really good in CM but I think Oxygen will have it in some time....
    I will use Oxygen for some weeks.... Maybe I stay or go back to cm... It depends on how comfortable I feel with oxygen.. At now... I'm good with it...

Oxygen it's a good work... Even it has no "features" it's a great baseline for One Plus Two....

18. manoj antony
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

manoj antony , Apr 5, 2015 :
    And in india they are not going to launch a cm12s official update... Hope I'm wrong :(

19. neeraj bhatia
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

20. ItsJHawke
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2015

ItsJHawke , Apr 5, 2015 :
    I have reserved my first forum post for the right time.

First you miss the release date and decide to inform us on the same day as April Fool's day. Then you release what is more or less a sloppy version of a dumbed down CM12 nightly? I had extremely high expectations of OxygenOS and you had to fail most of them on a release.

I don't understand why this hype was built up for 1+O and then the release, bombed. You were already late, you could of at least waited until all of the features were working and beefed up the system with some custom applications. Not much about this is unique, and it should not be called it's own operating system. It should just be called "Modified CM12 nightly" or "Modified, slim AOSP".

You should have a talk with Quality Assurance. I really wish this could have been a positive post, but you taught me best- I Never Settle.