1. miv3180
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

miv3180 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    You got that right.

returntrip likes this.
  2. Supreeth Jain
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

Supreeth Jain , Apr 6, 2015 :
    ha hha ha... they will give whenever they want.
    Anyway thanks for ur kind info.

miv3180 likes this.
  3. Fizzy123456
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

Fizzy123456 , Apr 6, 2015 :

same problem with me
    I managed to install Oxygen OS but I no longer have access to my internal storage. I cant copy and paste files from my pc to my phone. in recovery when I want to install .Zip from SD card it says cannot access file directory.
    I just tried a simple turning the phone and off and now the phone is stuck in the boot animation with he O, along side that the Red light at the top stays on. I left the phone for several hours and nothing happened. please help what do I do

4. Fizzy123456
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

I cant, I tried to do that but the only way my device connects to my PC is through the tool kit and that only works when in fast boot.

I cant reinstall the OS because whenever I try to install Zip from SD card it says that it cannot access file directory or file not found

5. hangtenboy
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

hangtenboy , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Amen to that, brother! I'm a dirty flasher also. I'd take a dirty flashed community-built CM rom over a OnePlus OTA any day of the week. I'm on my 6th Android phone (Verizon OG Motorola Droid was my 1st) and I have yet to encounter something as clean and as proven as Cyanogen. Mind you, I was running that back in '08 or '09. 6 years later and still kicking a$$!

miv3180 likes this.
  6. azm5953
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

7. azm5953
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

8. checomejia
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

checomejia , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I installed it and i loved it BUT, couldnt copy files into the phone through USB, couldnt save pictures from G+ and was not able to run some apps i´ve already had hence uninstalling and going back to CM12. You are almost there guys and again i loved the Oxygen OS feel. Waiting for the next release or patch.

miv3180 likes this.
  9. richardbenito
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

10. Calebmstover
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

Calebmstover , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I have a strange problem. Sometimes i dont receive SMS messages. I have to send a text to myself then it opens the "gates" and i will get all of them at once. Also people tell me they have tried to call me and it rings on their end but my phone does not ring nor does it notify me of any missed calls. I have checked the "do not disturb settings" and none of them are on. Anyone else experience this?

11. azm5953
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

12. azm5953
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

13. Fizzy123456
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

I just did that with toolkit 2.0 after I clicked flash on the PC CMD came up and did its process when that finished cmd closed but the phone did not reboot. I tried rebooting it manually but still the oxygen os boot animation came up and still there like that nothings changed

14. grin
    Eclair Apr 6, 2015

grin , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I'm sure you well know that you're playing silly here. It is not about CM, it is about features. I have installed it for 2 days now and probably can list you at least ten features I was using everyday, not related to colors / images / icons and O is missing. I was using default launcher (trebuchet I believe) so there's at least a dozen features I was using and now missing. (Not able to set default home screen? Really? Cannot switch off absolutely useless google searchbar? C'mon.) Plenty of other usability stuff are missing.

I never have owned a Nexus, nor anything AOSP based, nor am I really putting time to research which features I already had in OPO was CM's, or base android, or whatever. I used the features which were there, now the features are missing. My guess they must've been CM's features, right? If they weren't, that's okay, I just need the features, not "CM". See? That's the point. If O would provide the same plus more, I wouldn't even mention CM. But right now it's - for me usability-wise - an unintended step backwards. And I was doing my limited time research and I'm unhappy that this step backwards (plus the already known lots of bugs) were not listed here in the main upgrade thread. If I had known them I would not have upgraded: doing factory resets are not my everyday hobby yet.

And to answer your question literally: you're absolutely right, why should I use O, really? And I probably won't, till its ready to provide the same as the original OS and more, I'm patient and feeling for the developers who plan to get 5 years of development done in a few months (which, in my general experience, bound to fail, but let's wait for the miracle).
    Maybe it's just me and I was unlucky to have used plenty of CM's additional features everyday. ;-)

15. RahulDogra
    Donut Apr 6, 2015

RahulDogra , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I don't know how to root or flash or anything like that so I'm very uncomfortable doing this to my phone at the risk of bricking it. As much as I'd like to root my phone for certain applications, I've embarrassingly bricked my device in the past so I think I'll wait for an OTA update.

16. miv3180
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

miv3180 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    It's gonna be out whenever is ready.

Supreeth Jain likes this.
  17. miv3180
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

miv3180 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Rock on, bro!!!

18. sergioreja
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

19. janezstr
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

janezstr , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Can someone answer me.. I have oxgen OS and I want CM12 ... do I need any special kernel or I just instal zip.

20. miv3180
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

miv3180 , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Torn off the phone(long press power button). Boot into recovery. Clean install. Reboot. Files acces and manager are known issue. Good luck.

Fizzy123456 likes this.