OxygenOS is here [Installation Guide]

1. tlananthu
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2015

tlananthu , Nov 22, 2015 :
    I am no expert in flashing, but have tried just once. Please help.

I am having OnePlus One, running euphoria rom now. I want to try Oxygen OS (latest, stable). Which version is one I should pick up?

Also please tell me whether in future OTA updates would trigger or I have to do a manual update?

2. Makime
    Eclair Nov 23, 2015

3. ashokmor007
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2015

4. nkanthikiran
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2015

5. DonKingKong
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2015

6. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 22, 2015

jstepa , Dec 22, 2015 :
    Yes

7. DonKingKong
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2015

DonKingKong , Dec 22, 2015 :
    And the Oxygen OS 2.0 they are talking about are based from 5.1.1?

8. jstepa
    KitKat Dec 22, 2015

jstepa , Dec 22, 2015 :
    That one no one knows, but my bet it is...

9. maximosm
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2015

10. MJHunt
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2015

MJHunt , Dec 26, 2015 :
    Merry Christmas everyone! I'm a new user on the forums, and I wasn't aware I had to make 5 posts before posting a new thread (seems like a silly rule, but they didn't ask me), so I thought I'd ask my question here:

I'm having two problems - the random rebooting and a low microphone volume (at least, phone calls break up with the people I'm calling).
    I was thinking of updating to Oxygen OS, but I've never rooted an Android phone before - how can I do it safely? If I do this, will the random reboots and microphone issues go away? Thanks!

11. logitechor
    Eclair Dec 28, 2015

12. tunichgud
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

tunichgud , Dec 30, 2015 :
    This installation guide is the most fearsome, that i have ever met. Everytime i'm trying, i get lost in the middle of the process. This is my fifth try now.

This time i'm stuck on the installation guide for apk. I followed the instructions from http://www.androidcentral.com/installing-android-sdk-windows-mac-and-linux-tutorial#slide8.

I've downloaded the android sdk from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html?hl=sk#top named android-sdk_r24.4.1-windows.zip

i am heading to set the path, and it leaves me in FUD. When i unzip the file, there is no platform-tools folder in this ******* archive, neither are there any fastboot or adb binaries in the tools folder.

you ****** my phone up, and i hate that i've bought it. Some software maintainer for apps just say: "hum, cyanogene on OPO is not supported, head to oxygenos". ****** UP! My apps that i've bought (sygic): not painless usable anymore.

When i plug my phone via usb to my windows 10 computer, it does not even show up, i can't copy files there. If this doesn't work, how is it guaranteed, that the rest of the process will work and will not leave me with a bricked OPO?

I can't use my phone to make calls without a headset, because this ******* 'mute' feature.

This is all really, really annoying. My expectation would be, that you have support partners. Send it in, wait for a day, get it back. fast, reliable, good. But this oxygen Installation guide is a pain in the ***.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015

13. SUPAYO
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

SUPAYO , Dec 30, 2015 :
    Just recieved my Oneplus X and for some reason I can't update it. There's no update button and the OS is REALLY weird. The shortcuts bar is at the bottom for some reason (it's at the top in normal phones) and there's not much tweaks I can do! I own Oneplus One also and it workds like a charm, but this one...I don't know what to do! The home screen is weird! If you choose your wallpaper it just shows half of the wallpaper and that's it. I'm not a noob or something but this OS is REALLY strange. It shows that it's H2OS V1.2.0.

14. jennyvanformosa
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2016

jennyvanformosa , Jan 2, 2016 :
    I bought from my friend and it think it was running CM11, and I just recently did a factory reset then updated to CM12.1, and had no luck transferring my music. it also lose all the cute functions from CM11....I discover from youtube. So how can I recover banck to cm11? Please help !

fragargon likes this.
  15. ha5hbrown
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2016

16. dvdme
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2016

17. FellowRomero
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2016

FellowRomero , Feb 4, 2016 :
    Can you still flash OxygenOS on the OPO when CM 12s is already installed (or pre-installed since I recently bought one)??

18. P Shourie
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2016

P Shourie , Feb 16, 2016 :

Hi

new member here so couldnt make a new thread to ask about the issues i have with my one plus so pardon me for asking it here. My OPO runs on Cyanogen 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2KI and it continuosly reboots like every minute so i cant use it. It powers on sometimes ( just randomly whenever it feels like ) and i was thinking if flashing to oxygen os would be a good idea to get rid of this problem. So my question is, do i have to root my phone inorder to flash oxygen ? Im like, in quite a dilemma right now please help me out ! Can you please help me out ? :(

Edit : And, what are the risks involved in the procedure of rooting ? Cuz i saw this in the one plus site // By accessing resources regularly unavailable to software, the process may damage your hardware during or after the procedure, which is not covered under warranty. // Can you or someone eexplain this ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016

19. Vitaler0
    Donut Feb 26, 2016

Vitaler0 , Feb 26, 2016 :
    Just installed it using the guide
    but when the phone boots i get some weird french langauge on the screen and thats it, cant do nothing just stare at it

20. SaurabhJain_3105
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2016