OxygenOS is here [Installation Guide]

1. SaurabhJain_3105
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2016

2. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2016

jaivaghela , Mar 20, 2016 :
    Please please please in Oxygen OS make an option to adjust icon size and add a larger grid size to the home pages so we can fit more on the screen

3. kedar.kachare
    Eclair Mar 30, 2016

kedar.kachare , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Battery drain issue :( for Oneplus One with Oxygen Os 2.1.4 !! Getting screen on time of only about 2H 35m.
    I was on CM 12.1, rooted with TWRP recovery. Everything was working superfine.

Then I thought, let me try something new and switched to Oxygen OS. Removed root and now I have Oxygen recovery.
    With CM 12.1, I was getting around 30 hours of moderate usage between 2 charge cycles. Please note that I didn't even turn off Google location service or something similar workaround. Battery only dropped by 4% to 5% in night.
    With Oxygen OS, I am getting overall usage time of around 20 hours between 2 charge cycles with comparatively less usage(not even playing games) than what I did with CM 12.1. Battery is dropping by around 20% in night :mad: (without any screen on time or wi-fi or data).

Also, I think CM is snappier than Oxygen OS. I had to reduce all 3 animation levels to 0.5x so that I won't see much lag.
    And this lag started when I turned on Adaptive Brightness and Ambient Display.

I like the overall look and feel of Oxygen Os but these are some issues which need to be fixed.

Anybody facing similar issues?

mmitkar likes this.
  4. wibblemonster
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

wibblemonster , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Apart from bookmark icons defaulting to the android bug after you reboot (solved by using a different launcher) it seems pretty stable. It also doesn't suffer from the same baseband 241 problems that CM and COS have such as duff compass. Not had any issue with battery either so far.

5. val3233
    Cupcake Mar 30, 2016

6. bobbybabaletskOS
    Honeycomb Mar 31, 2016

bobbybabaletskOS , Mar 31, 2016 :
    Nova launcher can do that, and more. It is silly to request things like that no ROM offers. That's a launcher preference, just look up nova launcher. if you want to resize icons you do have to pay for the app, butit is way worth it

7. sfksuperman
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2016

sfksuperman , Apr 15, 2016 :
    what if after few months my battery needs to be replaced with new one? how do i replace it in case if it gets older and out of service? I am from INDIA right now.

8. xjotjotx
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2016

9. sfksuperman
    Honeycomb Apr 15, 2016

10. Anaghavl
    Cupcake May 8, 2016

Anaghavl , May 8, 2016 :
    I installed oxygen OS on my mother's opo but it doesn't support media download and candy crush is incompatible whereas with the same OS on my opo everything works fine. Any suggestions ?

11. mail2puskar
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2016

12. jkb114
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2016

jkb114 , Jun 22, 2016 :
    You can't. It's OP exclusive

13. u_proprio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 22, 2016

u_proprio , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Oneplus here...not HTC... Wrong question asked :)

14. kunalafc
    Eclair Jun 22, 2016

kunalafc , Jun 22, 2016 :
    I was on CM11 and was flashing Oxygen Os 2.1.4 according to the steps, everything went fine until i had to boot into Oneplus Recovery. The phone is blank now and not showing anything. When i press the power button it vibrates but doesnt show anything. Can someone help me please?

15. archilber
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2016

archilber , Jun 22, 2016 :
    OnePlus One HardBrick after install OxygenOS 2.1.4 Package.

Volume Up+Power, no fastboot screen, no any screen, Device Manager have RELINK HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (Com3).

ADB commands, ADB Devices can't found, fastboot Devices can't found.

OnePlus One Toolkit, ADB Devices can't found, fastboot Devices can't found.

MsmDownloadTool V2.0, Canot Device Found.

Who to resolve this problem?

16. archilber
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2016

archilber , Jun 22, 2016 :
    Good Version

17. HielkeP
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

HielkeP , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Since cyanogen is shutting down, is it possible to move to oxygen os without losing all my files?

18. aarondvargas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2016

aarondvargas , Dec 27, 2016 :
    Hi People. I've recently switched from Cyanogen latest version on my OP1, to Oxygen first version, honestly I've never rooted my deviced or anything close. Did it, though, figured out that I wasnt going to receive updates OTA. So, this morning decided to flash Oxygen OS Version 2.1.4 for One Plus One, though I followed the steps to install TWRP and Root, this afternoon I did it as I did it yesterday with the 1st version of Oxygen and coming from Cyanogen but when rebooting into recovery mode the Oxygen Recovery appeared on my screen, hence, I couldnt get into TWRP Recovery

Attached the Screenshot of my device details.
    About Phone.png
    Also, attaching the link of the video which I followed for a successful installation of TWRP and root the previous night.

Would appreciate if anyone can get me up to date on how to Install the TWRP and ROOT, and if there is any better version of Oxygen OS for One Plus one rather than 2.1.4 based on ANDROID Version 5.1.1.

Happy holidays.

19. mmene
    Donut Dec 27, 2016

mmene , Dec 27, 2016 :
    I am among the few unfortunate with Cyanogen on OPO and need to figure out my path forward. If I upgrade to Oxygen will I lose my data (like photos) and apps? What is the best path to reliably migrate and also preserve all my data?

20. mimmoa
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2017