OxygenOS Open Beta 1 (Android O) for the OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Jan 7, 2018

MentalDraco , Jan 7, 2018 :
    Perhaps it's your network ? my phone is streaming, downloading just fine on 4.7.6

2. F1515345310141
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2018

Deactivated User likes this.
  3. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2018

jaivaghela , Jan 7, 2018 :
    Hi Guys, a front facing depth effect feature would be an absolute winner on the devices. We knows it's very possible and I hope you have been working on this feature. Would get great to get this feature in an Open Beta for the OnePlus 5T and others.

4. F1515345310141
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2018

5. G_Saravanan_Devarajan_so
    Froyo Jan 7, 2018

G_Saravanan_Devarajan_so , Jan 7, 2018 :
    I am sure it's not the network..it's working properly on other phones (OnePlus 2) and laptops.

6. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2018

mukulagrawal , Jan 7, 2018 :
    It's not wifi issue many people are facing the same problem

7. Janusz_Kulesza
    Donut Jan 7, 2018

Janusz_Kulesza , Jan 7, 2018 :
    Hello Everyone,

I am very fresh user of OP5T (1 week only) but I think I found one important issue of Oreo Open Beta 1. It is a bluetooth issue

I connect my smartphone by bluetooth to car audio system in my Kia Ceed FL 2014.

With audio transfer from phone to radio there are not any problem on Oreo Beta 1 and official Nougat 4.7.6

But with Oreo Open Beta 1 I cannot control Poweramp by car's radio buttons. I cannot change a soundtrack using those buttons.
    This issue does not exist in Nougat 4.7.6 firmware, the buttons switches soundtracks in Poweramp by default settings - tested twice by rolling back and updating.

Or maybe it is not bluetooth issue ?

8. Harifism
    Froyo Jan 7, 2018

Harifism , Jan 7, 2018 :
    just go to settings> buttons > recent buttons > long press action > open/close split screen. This feature was on by default on nougat, after Oreo just manually set this. it'll work fine after that.

9. BenNeverSettle
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2018

BenNeverSettle , Jan 7, 2018 :
    @Teja Naga Bharan
    if you let me share some opinions.
    • Please change navigation bar icons to the new Oreo icons too.
    • Please solve navbar dynamic colors to get the apps' main colors.
    • Implement Do Not Disturb to toggles and settings and change the Alert Slider's function: be normal-ring-silent! You had a poll recently where you asked people which function they want, we would be utterly grateful.

10. Deactivated User
    Jan 7, 2018

11. Deactivated User
    Jan 7, 2018

12. BenNeverSettle
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2018

BenNeverSettle , Jan 7, 2018 :

Please report at https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/ all bug you (and all users) found! We can step forward only if you do that!

13. Rrspikes
    Froyo Jan 7, 2018

Rrspikes , Jan 7, 2018 :
    I've had this exact issue a few times (it's random) using Spotify. For me, it happened/happens with 4.7.4 and Beta 1. I skipped 4.7.6 so I can't comment on it.

My solution is to already be playing music on my phone when I start my car. It's not an ideal solution, but it allows me to use my radio and steering wheel controls to play/pause/skip/etc.

I haven't done a bug report, have you?

14. Luke Abela
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2018

Luke Abela , Jan 7, 2018 :
    I found a similar problem regards using bluetooth with the car in the Beta. The phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting, The only thing that I found to temporarily solve the problem is to reboot the phone everytime bluetooth is turned on. Already reported the bug!

15. Janusz_Kulesza
    Donut Jan 7, 2018

Janusz_Kulesza , Jan 7, 2018 :
    I would be a solution but it is still step back...An automation is what I like :)
    Regarding a bug report - I have just done it.

Thank you.

16. ViW1p
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2018

ViW1p , Jan 7, 2018 :
    Not really... it seems normal..

JelleZon likes this.
  17. jimmmysil
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2018

jimmmysil , Jan 7, 2018 :
    They really need to update the camera software to much the hardware quality of the lens because so far the stock camera software is very bad with oil painting effects, very noisy low light photos, they claimed that the removal of the second zoom lens was in favor of low light photos but so far op5 low light photos are equal to OP5t and in some cases are better. Also is very disappointing that this phone has such mediocre stock camera software performance and is easily outperformed by an unknown's hobist xda dev Google camera port app. How hard is for one plus dev team to analyse what arnova is doing and fix at last this crappy camera software. One of the worst camera phones this year at that price range.

18. Vlad Pustovoy
    Eclair Jan 8, 2018

Vlad Pustovoy , Jan 8, 2018 :
    "They really need to update the camera software to much the hardware quality of the lens because so far the stock camera software is very bad with oil painting effects, very noisy low light photos, they claimed that the removal of the second zoom lens was in favor of low light photos but so far op5 low light photos are equal to OP5t and in some cases are better. Also is very disappointing that this phone has such mediocre stock camera software performance and is easily outperformed by an unknown's hobist xda dev Google camera port app. How hard is for one plus dev team to analyse what arnova is doing and fix at last this crappy camera software. One of the worst camera phones this year at that price range."

19. michael_sisracon
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2018

michael_sisracon , Jan 8, 2018 :
    I'm new in Oneplus. I want to install this beta OREO. If I'm going to flash this, will I lose my photos and videos and also the downloaded apps and games?. Thank you.

20. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2018

fdroko , Jan 8, 2018 :
    no, is restored to factory from settings after updating to beta