OxygenOS Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Mar 20, 2020

Manu J. , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Update : Hey everyone ,the open beta builds have been delayed to mid April , thank you for your patience and keep safe

Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7.

Changelog
    • System
      • Fixed the frame rate issue to improve screen recording experience
      • Updated Android Security patch to 2020.03
      • Fixed the random switch to Gboard while using SwiftKey or a 3rd party keyboard
      • Optimized the adaptive brightness features
    • Instant translation
      • Added Instant translation feature, Provides real-time subtitles during video calls, supports 5 languages (English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese)
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, we appreciate your active feedback and for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback via the Community app.
    [​IMG]

If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it HERE. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool.

Please note:
    • For users who are running Android P on the devices and would like to flash open beta builds, please install Open Beta 5 and then update to Open Beta 6. Upgrading from Android P to Open Beta 6 will cause failure in updating.
      OnePlus 7 Open Beta 5 Download Source
      OnePlus 7 Pro Open Beta 5 Download Source
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020

2. Ben Ling
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

3. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020

K1548240047121 likes this.
  4. ClassicMain
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

ClassicMain , Mar 20, 2020 :
    it says right there dude

L1559862653446 likes this.
  5. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

MMuralidhar , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    I believe this is only for video calls, live caption is for videos when you are watching in youtube or hearing an audio

RazvanScutea likes this.
  6. Vansh99
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Mar 20, 2020

Vansh99 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    instant translation is something OnePlus has been working on (was teased at 7t launch) different from live caption
    OB 10 had it, so it's safe to assume this one also has it

7. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

MMuralidhar , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    can you confirm with screen shot live caption, as per channel log it was not there in OB10 for OP7 models

it was available for OP7T variants in OB1

8. Guri Kalsi
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2020

9. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Some has it some have not. I have a search hit but no live function yet. Apperently it is rolled out in some manner on 7 series.

1584716695490.jpg

Jitipong.Su and Vansh99 like this.
  10. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/. Video http://bit.ly/37ss8mI
    Upgrade in stages to whatever version you need. You may not be able to install 10.3.1 directly. If you want International version you can simply OTA the way up to the latest version.

11. Last edited: Mar 25, 2020

12. charmingash
    Honeycomb Mar 20, 2020

charmingash , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    what is the kernel version for beta 11

13. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

14. fahadleee
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2020

jatin0990 likes this.
  15. Harsha09
    Froyo Mar 20, 2020

Harsha09 , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    once the beta version is all good without bugs.....stable will rollout

Katakam_sr and fahadleee like this.
  16. Swejuggalo
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

Ah... I forgot that stable was on January. Could be soon then. As next stable should be delivered with Mars security. But it may be into begining of April before release too.

17. AndiTheBassman , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    I have a quick question: I updated via oxygen updater for the first time (I'm just not patient enough to wait for staged rollouts). I'm assuming for the next Update I will be able to do it OTA again or do I have to use Oxygen Updater from here on out? And is it normal that his oxygen updater I don't see the changelog in the settings?

Laree likes this.
  18. momorious
    Donut Mar 20, 2020

momorious , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Face Unlock is still randomly broken because the Front Camera does not come out on the OP7 Pro. Guys come on this is a very big serious issue which needs hotfixed ASAP

19. Mortalic
    Eclair Mar 20, 2020

Mortalic , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Hello my friend, live caption is on all ob 10 for 7 and 7pro.
    Here's how to get it. Go to your settings, then to apps and search for device personalisation service and clear the storage of this app. After this, search for live caption on the settings menu. you'll find it there
    1584722409883.jpg