OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 6T

1. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Jan 28, 2019

Manu J., Jan 28, 2019 :
    Open Beta for OP6:6T.png

Hey everyone,

The OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Forums have been merged into one due to unified builds. Here is the latest open beta build for OnePlus 6 and 6T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Added OnePlus Laboratory for OnePlus 6
      • Optimizations for screenshot function
      • Support for quick reply in landscape mode - now easier to reply to new messages when watching videos
      • Gaming mode enhancement
    • Clock
      • Now supports world clock with weather information
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. We look forward to getting your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters via the Community App.

To submit a new bug report

Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report. For example, network drops:
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background) > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. G_Rishabh_Srivastava_jRl Donut Jan 29, 2019

3. ironass Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2019

ironass, Jan 29, 2019 :
    POST #3 (unless you are viewing this on the OnePlus Community app, in which case it is post #2)

WARNING! Open Beta releases are for competent and experienced users since they may not always be stable and are for the purposes of testing and reporting to OnePlus to help them develop future stock firmware and features. By installing this Open Beta, you accept the potential risks. Once on the Open Beta pathway you will no longer receive the regular OnePlus, Official Stable OTA's and you will need to completely wipe your phone before attempting to return to Official Stable OnePlus stock firmware.

This explains the Open Beta schedule and how to report bugs and issues...

OxygenOS Beta Program: Explained.

[LEAVING OPEN BETA] If, for any reason, you wish to leave the Open Beta programme and return to the OnePlus stock, stable OxygenOS releases, this will entail contacting OnePlus Support...

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/contact

Alternatively, for competent and experienced users, there is the OnePlus tool for the 6T and McLaren. Just head over to the xda developers forum by following these links...

OnePlus 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11) 6T Global model

OnePlus McLaren MsmDownloadTool ROM McLaren model

(If you have any questions regarding the use of the MsmDownloadTool, please ask them on the xda developers forum and do not clog up the Open Beta thread)

Competent and experienced users of the OnePlus 6 can use a, "roll-back", firmware in Local upgrade to go back to Android Oreo and then upgrade to the latest stock, stable, OnePlus firmware for Pie. See...

Rollback from Open Beta 11/12 to 9.0.3 - Non-root 6 model

There are also, numerous videos covering, "roll-back", on YouTube

(If you have any questions regarding the use of the, "roll-back", firmware, please ask them on the xda developers forum and do not clog up the Open Beta thread. This, "roll-back", firmware is not compatible with the 6T or McLaren. )

If you have the McLaren OnePlus 6T you, "may", lose the McLaren Warp Charge animation/facility by flashing this Beta firmware.

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, 6T T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019

snke, Neddard, kaihp and 23 others like this.
  4. Enio19 Eclair Jan 29, 2019

Enio19, Jan 29, 2019 :
    for me it's going all ok! testing laboratory: smartboost... it is a good idea but I noticed that the apps reload when you access again through multitasking

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019

KOALA420, Bowenwu90, Xtermy and 4 others like this.
  5. LuísDias117 Eclair Jan 29, 2019

6. LegolasX Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2019

7. divyanshusaini95 Donut Jan 29, 2019

divyanshusaini95, Jan 29, 2019 :
    Hey can anyone who have install ob12 on 1+6 can test if native video call works ?? Since it was broken in ob11.

Bowenwu90 and G_Random_Guy_wrOf like this.
  8. Maverick2.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2019

Maverick2.0, Jan 29, 2019 :
    Once again, thanks a tons. Installed it last night. Working fine. No issues at all (so far).

9. Maverick2.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2019

Maverick2.0, Jan 29, 2019 :
    What exactly does it do? I mean, I read in certain articles that it doesn't really matter since we already have so much RAM

Bowenwu90 likes this.
  10. Imkousikd Eclair Jan 29, 2019

Bowenwu90 likes this.
  11. Enio19 Eclair Jan 29, 2019

Enio19, Jan 29, 2019 :
    for me have no sense.. I think it can be more smart!

Bowenwu90 likes this.
  12. MMuralidhar Froyo Jan 29, 2019

MMuralidhar, Jan 29, 2019 :
    its working

13. divyanshusaini95 Donut Jan 29, 2019

thank buddy! Then I'm good to install beta 12 as I've skipped beta 11 since native video call wasn't working

14. MMuralidhar Froyo Jan 29, 2019

MMuralidhar, Jan 29, 2019 :
    the two issues i had with ob11 are resolved 1. Oneplus roaming continuous notification
    2.Jio video call 3. lets hope recent contacts disappearing is also resolved

15. divyanshusaini95 Donut Jan 29, 2019

cool great to know that

16. Silicon_Skeleton Gingerbread Jan 29, 2019

Silicon_Skeleton, Jan 29, 2019 :
    I guess if you have an app or two that really pushes RAM usage from the start time to operation then it may help out. I don't have anything to really test that but I guess it's a handy feature for those who do.

https://beebom.com/smart-boost-oneplus-6t/

"OnePlus is calling it Smart Boost and it makes use of the system RAM to improve app launch times and OnePlus claims that it works best with frequently used apps that require large amounts of input/output data. "

cozzmat and JamesBlode007 like this.
  17. Maverick2.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2019

ronnyhawks likes this.
  18. bpwest80 Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2019

19. ironass Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2019

ironass, Jan 29, 2019 :
    Reboot your phone and try again. Worked for me.

Dgafking0480 likes this.
  20. ma678 Cupcake Jan 29, 2019