OxygenOS Open Beta 13 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 5 for OnePlus 6T

1. KalTheNerd
    Donut Feb 27, 2019

KalTheNerd , Feb 27, 2019 :
    I just updated to the latest beta and I'm experiencing more snappiness when navigating through the interface. No issues
    And for the security patch. I'm quite sure it'll be included in the next open beta so I'm not too hyped.

ironass likes this.
  2. sumitMZ007
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2019

sumitMZ007 , Feb 27, 2019 :
    ok. I'll try next time bro..

3. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma , Feb 27, 2019 :
    Everything is fine but why you are installing apps on phone without user permission. I've uninstalled Amazon Music long time ago but after this update it is automatically added.
    See the screenshot-

1551281846480.jpg

Come on OnePlus, you don't wanna be like Samsung or Xiaomi and that's why we are using OnePlus. Why you are making so called Oxygen OS bloated? Seems like you are also going in that way and what's about your motto "Never Settle" If we need we'll install it. Its a request, Please don't do this.

If anyone else also found it installed on their phone after update then let me know..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019

SasaX and rajeshkumar_r like this.
  4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Feb 27, 2019

KeepTransisting , Feb 27, 2019 :
    I mean, it could be just a glitch redownloading an app you previously had installed. You should get some verification before throwing out accusations.

5. sendprasad
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2019

sendprasad , Feb 27, 2019 :
    No update for op6 camera???? So many complaints. Yet no intention to fix. Atleast get gcam software from google as u did for google duo. Why the Community then if u dont want to address most common complaints

Huigiebaby likes this.
  6. KeepTransisting

Many of the complaints are from people who simply don't understand how to take a good picture. The majority of people don't have camera issues.

B_Wrath, SasaX, robinevers and 3 others like this.
  7. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2019

I've checked my app list before installing this update and it was not there. Even I've turned off data and wifi while installation and after restarting I'm seeing this. When i opened app drawer it appeared and all the other apps stacked one icon further. So, how it can be installed while data and WiFi is off. And you can see the dot when the app is not opened below the logo.

8. DroidOnePlus
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2019

9. Neddard
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2019

Neddard , Feb 27, 2019 :
    Many of the complaints in this thread are from people who have no actual clue about what it really means to be a true beta tester.

This thread has mostly turned into a whinge-fest. I feel sorry for the Beta team trying to extract much meaningful info from it. SMH.

SasaX and KeepTransisting like this.
  10. Deactivated User
    Feb 27, 2019

11. rajeshkumar_r
    Froyo Feb 27, 2019

rajeshkumar_r , Feb 27, 2019 :
    Ha ha, may be they should include this in change log. [e]1f602[/e]

robinevers and Priyanshu Sharma like this.
  12. KeepTransisting

Well, I installed the update and have no Amazon Music installed, so I don't know what to tell you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Priyanshu Sharma likes this.
  13. ironass
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2019

ironass , Feb 27, 2019 :
    No Amazon apps in my Open Beta 5 update on the 6T in the U.K.

It would appear that this is a, "feature", for certain regions as far as I can tell. India, primarily, seems to be the recipient of the Amazon bloatware.

However, it seems that it can easily be uninstalled if you do not want it.

I really do hope that this backdoor bloatware does not spread any further in future updates from OnePlus. :rolleyes:

Priyanshu Sharma likes this.
  14. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2019

Well, I've go two replies you can see, it is installed after the update on their phones too. But you haven't got this because maybe you are not from India.
    Ya, I am from India and this seems to be only for India because the two people who got this are also from India. But they should not install if we don't use or at least should have mentioned in changelog.

ironass likes this.
  15. gvamsi_krishna
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2019

gvamsi_krishna , Feb 27, 2019 :
    I'm also from India and I too got the Amazon Music app after update installation.

Priyanshu Sharma and ironass like this.
  16. hidden_mist
    Froyo Feb 27, 2019

hidden_mist , Feb 27, 2019 :

ironass

No Amazon apps in my Open Beta 5 update on the 6T in the U.K.

It would appear that this is a, "feature", for certain regions as far as I can tell. India, primarily, seems to be the recipient of the Amazon bloatware.

However, it seems that it can easily be uninstalled if you do not want it.

I really do hope that this backdoor bloatware does not spread any further in future updates from OnePlus.​

hope so man.

i guess this guy get the point. he was so confident that there is bloatware with the update 'mr. knows everything'

ronnyhawks

or you could just figure it out and quit acting like OnePlus did something to your phone or we did something to your phone. thanks​

17. Deactivated User
    Feb 27, 2019

18. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2019

If you are talking about hard resetting the device and then installing the whole file. Then the apps appears or suggested to install on your phone are from apps which you installed earlier or related to those apps. And the Spotify was launched in India yesterday so you getting suggestions if you live outside India.

But I'm talking about normal update through System Update. First, we can install ourselves if we need.

Second, At least they should inform or mention in changelog.

Third, Why its only for India, we've also paid full money as other countries.

So why we'll only get these unwanted apps.
    Seems like, They are also going in the same direction as Xiaomi and Samsung by making it bloated and more ways for earning more.

Don't forget OnePlus. "Never Settle"

19. ironass
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2019

ironass , Feb 27, 2019 :
    In fairness to ronnyhawks, as the Amazon bloatware only seems to affect 1 out of 195 countries worldwide, it is hard to pinpoint until we receive a number of reports about it and the area it is appearing in and it is not until I re-read the thread again, that I could see a pattern forming and could easily have dismissed the initial reports because I was not experiencing the Amazon bloatware and I would be offering other suggestions as to how it was appearing. Now we know.

It could have been worse... it could have been a whole, "U2", album added to the update, as Apple did with the iPhone 6. :eek: :eek: :eek:

hidden_mist and rhyd1am like this.
  20. broodrooster
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2019

broodrooster , Feb 27, 2019 :
    no apps. installed at all in the Netherlands