OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 7 for OnePlus 6T

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Mar 26, 2019

Manu J. , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Open Beta for OP6_6T.png

Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Screenshot UI optimizations
    • Gallery
      • Improved photo editor
    • Launcher
      • Improved color adaptation for cards in the shelf
    • OnePlus Switch
      • Supported permissions migration for applications
    • Weather
      • More detailed weather alerts
      • Weather timeline mirrors system time format
      • General bug fixes and improvements
    • Phone
      • UI optimizations
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. We look forward to getting your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters via the Community App.

To submit a new bug report

Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report. For example, network drops:
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background) > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com, for more information on submitting bugs or suggestions refer
    How to report a bug and share your product suggestions on OnePlus community

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too. We are watching.

Never Settle.

2. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

MMuralidhar , Mar 26, 2019 :
    just another update without much features , also removed swipe options from dailer screen

3. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 26, 2019

ironass , Mar 26, 2019 :
    POST #3 (unless you are viewing this on the OnePlus Community app, in which case it is post #2)

WARNING! Open Beta releases are for competent and experienced users since they may not always be stable and are for the purposes of testing and reporting to OnePlus to help them develop future stock firmware and features. By installing this Open Beta, you accept the potential risks. Once on the Open Beta pathway you will no longer receive the regular OnePlus, Official Stable OTA's and you will need to wipe your phone, (data and cache), before attempting to return to Official Stable OnePlus stock firmware.

This explains the Open Beta schedule and how to report bugs and issues...

OxygenOS Beta Program: Explained.

[LEAVING OPEN BETA] If, for any reason, you wish to leave the Open Beta programme and return to the OnePlus stock, stable OxygenOS releases, this will entail contacting OnePlus Support...

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/contact

Alternatively, for competent and experienced users, there is the OnePlus tool for the 6T and McLaren. Just head over to the xda developers forum by following these links...

OnePlus 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11) 6T Global model

OnePlus McLaren MsmDownloadTool ROM McLaren model

(If you have any questions regarding the use of the MsmDownloadTool, please ask them on the xda developers forum and do not clog up the Open Beta thread)

Competent and experienced users of the OnePlus 6 can use a, "roll-back", firmware in Local upgrade to go back to Android Oreo and then upgrade to the latest stock, stable, OnePlus firmware for Pie. See...

Rollback from Open Beta 11/12/13/14/15 to 9.0.4 - Non-root 6 model

There are also, numerous videos covering, "roll-back", on YouTube

(If you have any questions regarding the use of the, "roll-back", firmware, please ask them on the xda developers forum and do not clog up the Open Beta thread. This, "roll-back", firmware is not compatible with the 6T or McLaren. )

If you have the McLaren OnePlus 6T you, "may", lose the McLaren Warp Charge animation/facility by flashing this Beta firmware.

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, 6T T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019

4. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Though I didn't like them taking away the swipe in the phone app, I did really like the gallery photo editor and the new screenshot UI.

5. SatishJana
    Donut Mar 26, 2019

SatishJana , Mar 26, 2019 :
    @Manu, please increase the caller image to bigger size(change it to older style) in the latest updates if we set the full contact pic image is not getting displayed fully. I have been waiting for this update from long

6. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

yes Gallery editor is good i am not denying it but Gallery app, weather app , oneplus switch app all these are updated almost week back from Play store

7. amirhussaini93
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 26, 2019

8. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2019

MikeMp , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Not worthy giving out in beta.

9. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    True that. But remember, not every beta must contain a major feature. Sometimes, even the smaller updates matter.

10. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    I really like someone has taken up the baton:)
    You have been doing it consistently. Kudos:)

_Ramji_, Sun90, PrakarshX and 5 others like this.
  11. AndroFan
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2019

12. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 26, 2019

ironass , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Very soon the stable OxygenOS 9.0.13 & 9.0.5 releases will drop and there will be a rush from those that want to revert from Open Beta to stable. That'll be fun! ;)

13. 4sheesh
    Honeycomb Mar 26, 2019

4sheesh , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Thanx for quick beta release

New Phone UI is really good ( basically shortcuts is now on the lower side of display ) bt i really miss left right swipe access to contact call logs n speed dial . now we have to touch to access these options

1553573944866.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019

14. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    That's always fun to watch. Been seeing it since OP3 days:D
    I used to compile the list of most common bugs in every beta. But unfortunately, no time to do that since other commitments. If possible, can you do that? We can ask a mod to pin that post and we can keep updating. I'll try to help out whenever I can.

15. MMuralidhar
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

also moving dailpad to right might make it little better , that makes scrolling also easier

16. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    But that will be difficult for left hand users. I don't mind it in the middle. But moving it up made it a bit difficult.
    I have submitted a feedback on this. You can also do that.

17. ironass
    Lollipop Mar 26, 2019

ironass , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Like yourself, I just do not have the time these days I am afraid.

Sun90, H1551063959150 and B_Wrath like this.
  18. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 26, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 26, 2019 :
    Damn. And there are very slim pickings with the current crop of so called beta "testers".

Sun90, H1551063959150 and ironass like this.
  19. gvamsi_krish
    Gingerbread Mar 26, 2019

gvamsi_krish , Mar 26, 2019 :
    1. More & easily accessable options for screenshot & photo editing.
    2. New phone UI with bottom bar.
    1553575353057.jpg

20. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 26, 2019

Sun90 and H1551063959150 like this.