OxygenOS Open Beta 15 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 7 for OnePlus 6T

1. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

KeepTransisting, Apr 1, 2019 :
    I'm from the USA.
    News flash: Most people who do live in the USA don't care either.
    Most of that identity theft is due to social engineering rather than malicious back doors.
    You lost me with your incoherent rambling here
    In an ideal world, yes. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world.
    I've been getting it. Ideally, all holes will be patched. But guess what? Development doesn't work like that. Things take time, and if you rush them, that's how things break
    Good god, the old "meet me somewhere" tactic? What are you, 12?

And you still haven't answered me on what specific CVEs are worrying you that require the latest patches.

2. viva_la_tko Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

viva_la_tko, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Wow what an argument. Can we all just chill for a moment and enjoy in our beautiful lifes.

ngydat likes this.
  3. G1542828796976 Froyo Apr 1, 2019

4. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

sir1jaguar, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Then you didn't read the Google link!

As it has some information there, but not all as the more deeper interpretation is NOT for public consumption.

5. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

Actually, if you look at what I wrote, I never once defended OnePlus alone, but all OEMs who have to make sure that security fixes don't cause issues with their custom versions of Android. It's one of the reasons that only Pixel devices / Android One devices get these updates straight from Google, because they require no modification from Android.

And yes, I read it. Keeping up with CVEs is part of my job.

And thank you for the laughs as well! It's been fun :)

6. ngydat KitKat Apr 1, 2019

ngydat, Apr 1, 2019 :
    I’m not talking about the necessity of the security patch but about you using in several messages you coming from Austin which isn’t relevant to the argument

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

According to him, it makes him smarter than us. That and travelling to 48 states and thinking ghettos are where people who don't care about their lives live.

I stopped trying to engage in meaningful conversation a while ago. Now I'm just having some fun while my stuff compiles :p

B_Wrath likes this.
  8. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

Means, we have MORE people who are working with Google now here.

Who are sharing more informations about the Android Security Update, that is needed per month, as ALL connected devices now in the internet are ALL susceptible to all kinds of exploits that's so easy for any hackers around the world to see what you're doing, anything can get from you, etc................ especially in a place (like Austin), that's their pilot area for everything connected to the web.

I hope you get it now...

Have a great day

9. Jimmyostrom Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

Jimmyostrom, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Big thanx I got a lot of hidden features unlocked but I only had to tap 15-16 times..

10. rhyd1am Honeycomb Apr 1, 2019

rhyd1am, Apr 1, 2019 :
    My god, the beta threads get more nonsensical and argumentative with every new release. I realise people are going to have different opinions and varying abilities to express their views, but WOW!!!

I come on here, XDA and AC forums, and the difference between here and the other two is like night and day, with regards to the way people behave and interact!

11. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

Yeah, I pretty much hang out here for the conversation with the well known ones, as well as assist anyone who has an actual issue and is sincere with their request.

Oh, and to mess with the people who think they know more than everyone :p

Other than that, yeah, I stick to XDA

12. sir1jaguar Gingerbread Apr 1, 2019

FYI,

Smartness can be describe in so many ways...

When you had the chance to see more places, met tons of people, have double major with MBA, living in a place that surrounds you by real smartass from all corners of the world, have more experience & exposures in life, then you will say things that most people don't agree on.

As you will not give a crap about political correctness, as you will become more frank, honest & spontaneous.

Get back at me, when y'all have those in life...

Have a great day!

13. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

I have a lucrative cyber security career and have enough stock in my 401k to be on course for a 50 retirement (one of the perks of working in O&G), so I guess I'm already there. And you can be honest and spontaneous while being politically correct, something you may want to consider.

14. LegolasX Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2019

kaihp, B_Wrath, zoran81 and 1 other person like this.
  15. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 1, 2019

Yeah, they probably should. I've had my fun and my scripts are done compiling, so I'ma bow out for now :p

Kytharsis likes this.
  16. EricTrasancos Cupcake Apr 1, 2019

EricTrasancos, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Please in the next updates if it's possible to add a 'Select All' switch like in Samsung phones to make all apps Full Screen, because one by one app takes time and it's easier like the samsung's way.
    1554145590475.jpg

1554145590504.jpg

sir1jaguar likes this.
  17. zoran81 Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2019

zoran81, Apr 1, 2019 :
    Whatever

18. G1542828796976 Froyo Apr 1, 2019

19. Saenz4931 Honeycomb Apr 1, 2019

Saenz4931, Apr 1, 2019 :
    wrong thread. People who wants features like Samsung or apple or some different OEMs, please, next time, buy the specific brand (OEMs). life will be easier.

Kytharsis likes this.
  20. EricTrasancos Cupcake Apr 1, 2019

EricTrasancos, Apr 1, 2019 :
    It's a suggestion for the same function but different implementation. I used Samsung as example