OxygenOS Open Beta 18 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7

1. Johnnyboy69
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020

2. c3drik67
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2020

c3drik67 , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Have you test to re download the file from the link and don't touch anything in the name?

3. c3drik67
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2020

c3drik67 , Sep 16, 2020 :
    for op 7 serie. in a few weeks or months. nobody knows exactly

Johnnyboy69 likes this.
  4. Johnnyboy69
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020

Johnnyboy69 , Sep 16, 2020 :
    thanks

5. iamyajat
    Eclair Sep 16, 2020

cruzAD and tarun17 like this.
  6. Pankaj_Rai
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

7. tarun17
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

tarun17 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 16, 2020 :
    This update is good for nothing. There is no improvement since last pocket dial issues are still there.

My work profile gets deleted when I go for a walk, as phone on pocket try to get finger print and with failed attempts my profile gets deleted. Even after waiting for 1.5 months previous issues are not solved and plus no new thing was added to prevent it.

Any one have solution to pocket dial issue?

reZa7 and cruzAD like this.
  8. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

9. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

cruzAD , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 16, 2020 :
    I got it in normal OTA system update yesterday.

10. Attached Files:

11. JNiemi
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2020

JNiemi , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Older models wont bring money, like new ones. That is good reason to bring new models to market and slowly forget older ones. OnePlus has change a lot since early day, when customers were before money. These are pretty good phones, but only issue is that "forgetting" older models. Lots of new stuff will be launched but basic repairs are weak.

naikjeevan and d.apurvdas like this.
  12. Mallikarjun81
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2020

13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Bulletproof pocketmode in 7/7t series will probably never happen. With the provided hardware and virtual proximity solution it is hard to make flawless.
    It was fairly rare with accidental unlock attempts for me on 7 Pro. But several factors would affect the risk. For example loose pockets with plenty of room for the phone to move compared to a tight one... Combine that with having the screen faced toward the body or outwards. Movement + random touch surface.
    In 8 series they made some changes on hardware level. They have now real proximity and no virtual proximity. And thus a pocket mode that can be turned on/off.
    You can test how your proximity acts. There is an app that can count the "near proximity" readings. It can be configured to make a sound every time it changes back and forward. I was able to find ways to make the phone trigger over and over again in a pocket.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.argonremote.proximitysensorcounter

Artemus. likes this.
  14. Bedabandhu
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2020

Gersommelk likes this.
  15. rpkkiran
    Froyo Sep 16, 2020

rpkkiran , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Weird, im getting around 6.5 hours on my 7 pro with open beta 18.

Gersommelk likes this.
  16. elvis.kelly
    Eclair Sep 16, 2020

elvis.kelly , Sep 16, 2020 :
    Yet they develop and provide betas for lesser used older handsets. Makes no sense.

As I've found out since owning one, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G owners are very much second class citizens. Which is extremely sad and frustrating.