OxygenOS Open Beta 19 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 5T

1. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Sep 25, 2018 :
    We have to wait and see, I am not a OnePlus software engineer that I would know everything, ok.

Vladut123 likes this.
  2. Vladut123
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 , Sep 25, 2018 :
    ok

3. npatelli96
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2018

npatelli96 , Sep 25, 2018 :
    Parallel apps seem to be broken again. The parallel app just launches the regular one (tried with Snapchat and Instagram)

Vladut123 likes this.
  4. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

Niek Kant , Sep 25, 2018 :
    I have some things to say to both the developers and the community.

I see a lot of complaints about people wanting the newest build of Android on day one with no bugs. I feel as the community has turned into a group of whiny children. Feeling entitled to have OnePlus catering to them and them only.

I have been here since the OnePlus One and I never really felt the need to speak out to the community. While both the OnePlus team has largely changed, so has the community. There are some things a lot of the new OnePlus owners don't get. While in the past OnePlus was very close with it's customers, since the company has grown larger this has been harder to do since the amount of customers has increased a significant amount.

It takes a lot of time to develop an Android build for such a large install base and OnePlus has promised to update their phones for 3 years after release. Look to Samsung from whom you should be happy if your 1 year old budget device even gets an update, or ever.

There is an enormous lack of respect for the dedicated and passionate developers at OnePlus. Screaming at them for not catering to your needs is not a good driving force for them. You all seem so unhappy eventhough what OnePlus is doing is something very special.

Patience is something you can learn if you lack it, you will come to appreciate timely updates more and more. Sure, I too want to have the newest version of Android on day one too. But then I should have gotten a Google Pixel instead. Now I am glad to wait a while since I am a huge fan of OxygenOS.

I feel like whe should all reconscider what we post on these forums since the developers look at our feedback as well. Learn to show some respect. Sure critisism is something thats needed from time to time. But mindlessly spamming the forums with broken english screaming for camera improvements, FM radio (--"), and of course Android Pie.

How do you think the developers would feel being proud to push an update just in time for the schedule (all while probably working hard on much bigger updates or software for the next phone) and all they see is people hating on them.

tl;dr
    We can all act like civilized people on these forums and help OnePlus to be a community driven company. If we keep being unthankfull for all of their hard work we shouldn't have to expect anything from them. Developers work hard every day to see us be happy with our phones. Show them some love and thank them instead of bashing them for not meeting your sometimes unrealistic demands. Remember they develop not only for you.

5. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2018

Laki Shetty , Sep 25, 2018 :
    This OTA is complete rollout or staged rollout? my OP 5 not showing this update. I am running on OB18.

Vladut123 likes this.
  6. CODEGEEK
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

CODEGEEK , Sep 25, 2018 :
    too hard to download and install it your self??

Vladut123 likes this.
  7. O1524576561597
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  8. shivpkapila
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  9. ransii
    Froyo Sep 25, 2018

ransii , Sep 25, 2018 :
    i literally was waiting for this thinking we will get pie but unfortunately one plus 6 gets priority over all

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. sprashant01
    Froyo Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  11. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

Yes you can. Just search the forum or Google: OxygenOS Open Beta to Stable. It will require a factory reset.

Vladut123 likes this.
  12. Laki Shetty
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2018

Laki Shetty , Sep 25, 2018 :
    Definitely its not hard like your voice. But before that of want to check that in forum. I appreciate if you can explain me the meaning of its update

Vladut123 likes this.
  13. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

It's an incremental rollout. Be patient. The update will come. You can download the full ROM and install it manually if you can't wait.

Vladut123 likes this.
  14. O1524576561597
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2018

O1524576561597 , Sep 25, 2018 :
    will it result in a whole reset.....

Vladut123 likes this.
  15. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

The meaning? Did you even read the changelog?

Vladut123 likes this.
  16. sirfan570
    Eclair Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  17. Mr.Naz
    Honeycomb Sep 25, 2018

Mr.Naz , Sep 25, 2018 :
    so many sad about update (no P)...hahahahaha

sooooo what r u waiting for.... sell ur phone !!!

hahahah

pinqfloyd and Vladut123 like this.
  18. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

Yes. This is mentioned clearly before you install an Open Beta build and above every thread. You can go from Stable to Open Beta withouy data loss, but reverting back requires a full reset. Thus wiping the device of all your data. If you were unaware of this. I suggest you read more carefully next time.

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. vaibhavpatekar1980
    Froyo Sep 25, 2018

Vladut123 and Saniubah75 like this.
  20. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2018

It's an Incremental OTA. Just be patient. it takes time to push these updates. You can download and install it manually if you cannot wait.

Vladut123 likes this.