chert , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Haha, just try 2 open beta 18 thread

2. Shaoyang
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2020

Artemus. likes this.
  3. Vaibhav_sinha
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

Vaibhav_sinha , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Did you even open the link lol. It's an entirely different phone.

4. Linkin1994
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

Linkin1994 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Oneplus said that in December it may be in beta but it will come but will come immediately. If it does not come in December you can send the op to your mother

5. benling
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2020

benling , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 29, 2020 :
    TBH, very disappointed with current OnePlus software support. They treat their 7 series as old devices already and not focusing at them seriously.
    OpenBeta is supposed to be 1 update per month as scheduled (was 2 updates per month) and today is already 1 month since the last beta, and eventually they will keep delaying every single month, resulting like only 9 betas for 12 months.
    Yes I know there is no ETA or promise that it MUST have an update every single month but I feel like they do not care.
    Eg: Jan release update on 1st week, Feb release on 2nd or 3rd week, March update on fourth week or delayed to April and they will delay every single month and our beta update ends LOL.
    OnePlus to me is no more like before, they used to be fast and good at keeping updates for the OnePlus 3 series and now they have more and more phones, they couldn't keep up and update their devices accordingly.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020

6. akks
    KitKat Nov 29, 2020

akks , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Brother, give them some time. Let them work on OOS 11. As a major update is planned, usual schedule can be compromised a bit. Better not to count the hours here. As far as your phone isn't broken, better not to flash a half cooked beta based on android 11 released in a hurry and then cry again.

7. benling
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2020

I'm not talking about Android 11 but just the normal update.

They can work on the Android 11 update but I think we are now missing out November security patch in November and we only will get it in December which seems slow for a so called beta update.

As you can see the last beta was delayed by at least 2 weeks and now it's going to delay again.

lytoh38 and c.pister like this.
  8. akks
    KitKat Nov 29, 2020

akks , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Beta channel isn't meant for delivering security patches, you are totally lost here.

9. Linkin1994
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

Linkin1994 , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Switch stable channel

Luarpc likes this.
  10. benling
    Gingerbread Nov 29, 2020

I know that but BETA should be coming with newer features including a more recent security update as what we are getting right now.

But nowadays we see very less new features from OnePlus especially for older devices ( or they are relatively slow on implementing to older devices ), take OnePlus 5 series as an example, a promised stable Android 10 update but it took few months and just released recently.

Whatever, it's the fact that they are indeed getting slower on updates and we can see even Carl Pei has left the company, we all know what's going on.

I am a OnePlus user since 2015 and their products and software are always nice but now it seems to be changing to another path already.

One stable update comes out in around 2 months of time, how would that even keep the security patch up to date?

They are still applying a monthly security update for BETA update but what I mean is they are delaying for each beta update.

11. Saikumar7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2020

Saikumar7 , Nov 29, 2020 :
    ohhh, lol are you kidding brother? just look at beta 19 changelog..!! Don't always support unnecessarily when they can update new phones why not old phones..!! i think you are totally lost brother 🤣🤣🤣

12. akks
    KitKat Nov 29, 2020

akks , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Beta 19 changelog and my support, do read post #44 in this thread. Beta builds are not to satisfy the daily update hunger of many

13. Saikumar7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 29, 2020

Saikumar7 , Nov 29, 2020 :
    yeah saw post #43 !! these comments or asking for update nothing will trouble oneplus..they do what they want to..!! oneplus 3 time was good atleast we were getting nice beta builds..!!

lytoh38, c.pister and Vaibhav_sinha like this.
  14. genialsandeep
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

15. lijop
    Eclair Nov 29, 2020

lijop , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Hey guys, i need a help.

What's the easiest way to go back to stable from rooted beta with twrp? will a local upgrade of stock 10.0 work? bootloader is unlocked. Thanks in Advance

16. wanderin.turtl
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

wanderin.turtl , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 29, 2020 :
    Expect the unexpected. LOL nothing is guaranteed, the only thing we know for sure at the moment is Android 11 will come to OnePlus 7 series in December.

17. Fmps1987
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2020

18. K_S_R
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2020

19. Venkatesh Parik
    Froyo Nov 30, 2020

20. Fererio
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2020