OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 6

1. Santhosh Ambasankar Donut Sep 9, 2018

Santhosh Ambasankar, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Ambient display is not working properly... It should be in white colour... But after update it is in yellow colour... Did anyone notice this?
    And auto brightness is not working..

2. rolandflores16 Froyo Sep 9, 2018

rolandflores16, Sep 9, 2018 :
    what do you mean that it is yellow?

Vladut123 likes this.
  3. rolandflores16 Froyo Sep 9, 2018

auto brightness is working fine in my phone. and i have the open beta 2.

Vladut123 likes this.
  4. G_gaganpreet_singh Froyo Sep 9, 2018

G_gaganpreet_singh, Sep 9, 2018 :
    go to display>status bar>show battery percentage
    you will be able to see battery percentage in the ambient display

Vladut123 and LLcoolNJ like this.
  5. Aks41179 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2018

Aks41179, Sep 9, 2018 :
    I used magisk module. I'd suggest try searching for this on forum and you'll find a thread by Funk Wizard about it

Vladut123 and Pranav Peddi like this.
  6. Pranav Peddi Honeycomb Sep 9, 2018

Pranav Peddi, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Did some googling and found how to enable it. thanks. works well.

Vladut123 and Aks41179 like this.
  7. aj2989 Honeycomb Sep 9, 2018

Stickied Post
    aj2989, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Known issues with Beta 2 - September 9th
    Lift up display is buggy - flashes quickly to yellow and then red before disappearing.

Screen brightness threshold is significantly lower (not sure if it was intentional).
    UPDATE: Seems to be intentional. Here's a quote from XDA explaining this:
    "The first noteworthy feature is a changed brightness slider behaviour: It now changes the brightness logarithmic-ally instead of linearly. Before this preview when it was linear, about 90% of the brightness was controlled by the lower 20% of the left of the slider. The old 50% brightness was almost identical to 100% max brightness, and the old 5% brightness was significantly brighter than 0% brightness. Now, the change in perceptual brightness is more uniform as you increase or decrease the slider."

YouTube and some other apps aren't present in the App display in fullscreen list.

When using Fingerprint and face unlock the wake screen transition are noticeably slower.

Volume rocker primarily adjusts media volume over ringtone/notifications. (could be a feature of Android P) - UPDATE: A feature of Android P

Ambient display doesn't show battery percentage.

Bluetooth connectivity issues with certain devices (works fine for me with bose and bullets wireless).

High Brightness in ambient display which may cause amoled burn.

UPDATE - September 10th

When covering proximity sensor, the finger print unlock does not work.
    Fix - turn off pocket mode if you want to unlock device even after covering the proximity sensor.

Lift up display - emoji in display text gets its color distorted.

Navigation Bar sometimes fades in and out or disappears when the phone is unlocked by using Fingerprint sensor (unsure of the contributing triggers for this)

Alarm does not trigger in off mode even when the feature is available.

Schedule On/Off Phone sometimes doesn't turn on.

Hangout app is bugged - force closes when trying to send SMS.
    Possible Fix - Reinstalling, Clearing Cache through the app.

Pattern lock is positioned at the center of the screen making it hard to swipe the pattern with your thumb.

Some Apps don't function/refresh properly when using Mobile Internet.
    Works fine with WiFi though.

Adaptive brightness is horrible under direct sunlight (personal experience) - my screen may as well have been switched off. - will try a factory reset later to see if it fixes this.

UPDATE - September 11th

1536637097490.jpg
    When using this option, the recent apps menu (swipe up) gets bugged in a few ways (like clear apps button disappearing or card stacking etc.) - not sure if it's third party Launcher related or with the Oneplus Launcher or both.

UPDATE - September 12th

Twitter and some other apps keeps closing(not force closing) while browsing.
    Possible fix - Reinstalling, Clearing Cache Through the App or Factory reset.
    Try Factory Reset(Recommended to take backup before) at your own risk.

UPDATE - September 13th

Battery saver is automatically getting set to activate at 99% at random, ireggardlsss to what % you set it at.
    NOT A BUG.
    It was Google's an internal experiment that was mistakenly deployed publicly.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...ctivating-battery-saver-almost-fully-charged/
    Guess skynet is still not self-aware yet (maybe Arnold prevented the apocalypse)[e]1f609[/e]

UPDATE - September 15th BETA 3 :
    Some of the issues were fixed from BETA 2.
    1537011647952.jpg

Will edit this as we discover more bugs or if I have missed out on any existing ones.

NOTE:
    Clearing Cache via Recovery(
    apparently does nothing) So read up on this quote from XDA
    "In addition to the other changes, the cache partition has been removed. It now resides in the data partition and is no longer used for anything related to updates. One result is that wiping cache in TWRP no longer does anything. If you want to clear cached data go into Settings>Storage & memory, then tap Cached data at the bottom and then tap OK. (This option is missing - Not sure if that's a P feature - Someone who knows about this do let me know)
    Try at your own risk.

Uninstalling and re-installing apps causing issues seems to fix the issues for some.
    Clearing Cache of the apps causing issues seem to fix issues for some.
    Factory Reset seems to fix some of the issues - try at your own risk after taking a backup.

Here you go @Funk Wizard

Do tag me(@aj2989) if you face any issues - which isn't on this list, and I will add it here after checking it out.

PS: I am not part of the staff, just taking note of common issues and putting it on a single post for everyones benefit. Please do not DM me to fix the issues.
    Thanks for understanding.

For BETA 3 if a new thread is created I will try to make another known issue post, like this or just edit this one beyond this point if a new thread isnt created.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 12:43 PM

8. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Sep 9, 2018

Funk Wizard, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Keep adding and editing this post now, it would show up on the first page

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Sep 9, 2018

Cheetosdust, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Awesome work - glad you included the "lemonade bug", it's even first on the list :p

10. Joakimbo Eclair Sep 9, 2018

Joakimbo, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Yep. Most annoying one is the fingerprint delay, for sure.

Vladut123 and aj2989 like this.
  11. aj2989 Honeycomb Sep 9, 2018

aj2989, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Thank you. Haha, that's because I was going in a descending order but it was from your post that I took note and it just happened to me as well. So, thank you to you as well good sir! [e]1f601[/e]

Vladut123 and Cheetosdust like this.
  12. Android1970 Donut Sep 9, 2018

Android1970, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Notification on ambient display doesn't show app name in wathsapp while telegram it's ok

Vladut123 likes this.
  13. lipatajeffrey Cupcake Sep 9, 2018

lipatajeffrey, Sep 9, 2018 :
    some transition of app to app is not good as well. Same like when it came from locked idle and the immediately you unlock, looks the screen flashes like a broken software.

Vladut123 likes this.
  14. aj2989 Honeycomb Sep 9, 2018

aj2989, Sep 9, 2018 :
    I thought it only showed icons, even in oreo?

Vladut123 likes this.
  15. G_Ashish_Maurya_UeFj Froyo Sep 9, 2018

Vladut123 and Lupastro82 like this.
  16. regand laishram Donut Sep 9, 2018

regand laishram, Sep 9, 2018 :
    After updating the Android 9.0 beta version the Bluetooth connectivity faces some problem. Earlier I used to connect my Samsung bluetooth headset with my OP6 without any issue but now I'm not able to connect it anymore. I tried every possible way to connect it. Thought the problem might be with the bluetooth headset too but I was able to connect the same device with another smartphone from Xiaomi without any problem. Any solution for this?

Vladut123 and Sahib bhatia like this.
  17. rolandflores16 Froyo Sep 9, 2018

the ambient display is little too bright. I'm kinda concerned because this might result to amoled burn if activated frequently.

Vladut123 likes this.
  18. rolandflores16 Froyo Sep 9, 2018

the ambient display is little too bright. I'm kinda concerned because this might result to amoled burn if activated frequently.

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. LLcoolNJ Froyo Sep 9, 2018

LLcoolNJ, Sep 9, 2018 :
    i know that one but i don't like battery percentage in status bar.

Vladut123 likes this.
  20. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Sep 9, 2018

Funk Wizard, Sep 9, 2018 :
    Its designed to flash at the max brightness on the lift up or notifications, nothing to worry

Vladut123 and otto2 like this.