OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitin U K
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

Nitin U K , Jan 18, 2018 :
    In India we are not receiving updates early.. Still now OxygenOS open beta 1 is not received .

2. Gurkirpal84
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

3. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 18, 2018

MarkoBatrac , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Hi anyone have same problems like me with "ghost touch". Whenever I am using the keypad in my one plus 5T using any app, suddenly out of the blue it automatically takes me to the home screen right in the middle of my typing.

also no,I am not touching accidentally home button..

thanks

Spix91 likes this.
  4. G_Manny_Ortiz_Zjim
    Eclair Jan 18, 2018

G_Manny_Ortiz_Zjim , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Just installed the beta. So far only issue I've seen has been that the Star Wars theme doesn't work when opening the setting menu.

5. F_Nuno_Relvao_wkhW
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

F_Nuno_Relvao_wkhW , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Beta does not update over Stable, if you want to try beta you have to flash manually and delete all as if it was a new phone again.

But since you don't even understood already this just wait for the stable update, it will come for sure in the end of the month!

Nitin U K likes this.
  6. TechExplorer.de
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

TechExplorer.de , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Thank you! But, here it go again!

So my little Indian Friends (and also not Indians, but i see only Indians here), now i will explain a few things for you!

The First Message goes to @sunilkumargoudkalli , @Suraj gurjar and @sagarjaina . Don´t be so rude and ask the same questions two or three times in a few Minutes, because Poeple are on work or have time with her Family and so on. If you can not wait a few Minutes, dont ask again and use the Forum search or go to the Home Site, because there will you find all what you need for Oreo Update.

At all who want know when the official Oreo Update will come: No one will know it yet, because the Betatest ends when all bugs are fixed and all is stable. Here you get a few more Information from OnePlus how the BetaTests work, because OP Explain the Beta Test Time in a own thread what can be found here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-beta-program-explained.469761/#post-15308945

At all this Indians who do not receive any Beta Update, please note:

1. If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    2. If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to test it you have to manually install the open Beta 1 first and than you get the Update to Open Beta 2 via OTA

Open Beta 1 can be find here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-open-beta-1-android-o-for-the-oneplus-5t.733021/
    3. If you have already flashed the Open Beta 1 and you will receive no OTA Update to Beta 2, you can also upgrade it manually. For this please refer to the flashing instructions from Beta 1 Thread. You can get all full ROMs from the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/
    4. Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    5. Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache). The Instructions can be found in beta 1 Thread
    If you want fast Updates (i dont know why indians get the Updates later as the rest of the World, but i have often read it in Beta 1 and Beta 2 Thread), you can also use the Oxygen Updater App from Playstore. It is maybe a bit easier for you to understand this App. The App can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arjanvlek.oxygenupdater

I hope my reply can help you all a little bit.

7. F_Venkat_Rajagopalan_Ffd
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

F_Venkat_Rajagopalan_Ffd , Jan 18, 2018 :
    hi friends updated beta versions pl advise were we find the SOT i.e. the remaining hours left in battery.
    pl share any other information you have and help.

8. TechExplorer.de
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2018

TechExplorer.de , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Settings -> Battery

9. adamzap
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

adamzap , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Has anyone successfully returned to Official OTA path? I've tried installing 4.7.6 and 4.7.4 but they both stop after only a few seconds. Not sure where to go from here.

10. yatin.5
    Froyo Jan 19, 2018

yatin.5 , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Google App keeps crashing... anyone else facing this issue? it crashed like 6 times after update.

11. Aakash m
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

12. m1tch3m
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2018

m1tch3m , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Learn to read. You'll learn a lot...

13. alienr0x
    Donut Jan 19, 2018

alienr0x , Jan 19, 2018 :
    hello, i found 2 major bugs ( for me ) on beta 2
    1) if i connect some bluetooth audio source, like my Gear s3, in a while of using the phone ( not immediatly ) all the audio become to come out just from capsule speaker so i cant hear anything, and i need to restart for let the audio work again, and disconnect my smartwatch for dont let come again the problem.

2) Dropbox Simply doesnt charge automatically my camera pics like always, now i need to charge it manually.

14. KULDEEPKUMAR
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

15. Manyulohith
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2018

Manyulohith , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Don't use India word bro always. it's beta version.. u need to flash it thru recovery by downloading externally. aft that u ll get next beta version OTA

TechExplorer.de likes this.
  16. TK11
    Donut Jan 19, 2018

TK11 , Jan 19, 2018 :

Aakash m

i dint recive any updates i am in india and i am using 5t​

In simple language tujhe wait krna chahiye kuch weeks tak fir ek stable oreo update aayega tere 5T meh!!!! hope smjh aa gya ho..

Raj One likes this.
  17. maudevera
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

18. TechExplorer.de
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2018

TechExplorer.de , Jan 19, 2018 :
    for you? never. you are blacklistet. xD Look at my last thread #807 , because there i say a few words to the non beta Update

oriondely likes this.
  19. kushalpandya
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2018

kushalpandya , Jan 19, 2018 :
    I appreciate your detailed response, I'm from India and I tell you in every single release post, dumb cupcakes from my country and other will keep on asking same questions without reading release posts or response threads thoroughly. I used to respond to such requests regularly by pointing people to appropriate links, but it stays the same.

So best is to simply ignore. :)

TechExplorer.de likes this.
  20. pratzzz
    Froyo Jan 19, 2018