OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 6T

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Dec 27, 2018

Manu J. , Dec 27, 2018 :
    Here is the latest open beta build for OnePlus 6T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Improvements for screen brightness control
      • Confirm pin without tapping for app locker
      • Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third party apps
      • General bug fixes and system stability improvements
    • Phone
      • Added the caller identification feature (For India only)
      • Improved UI for Call History
    • Gallery
      • Added create a collection, copy and move photos features
      • New illustrations and design on blank pages
      • General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
    • Launcher
      • Added recommended tools in Toolbox
      • Improved UI for category tags in app drawer
    Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. We look forward to getting your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters with the community App.

To submit a new bug report

Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]
    In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (for example, network drops:
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details and attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

Please note:

• If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Never Settle.

2. ironass
    KitKat Dec 27, 2018

ironass , Dec 27, 2018 :
    Looks like they dragged Manu J out of the office party!

Can I just mention that if someone is on Open Beta, it is a lot harder than you state...
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    This entails contacting OnePlus Support...

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/contact

Alternatively, for competent and experienced users, there is the OnePlus tool. Just head over to the xda developers forum by following these links...

[TOOL] 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0 (OOS v9.0.6) Global model

McLaren MsmDownloadTool ROM McLaren model

(If you have any questions regarding the use of the MsmDownloadTool, please ask them on the xda developers forum)

It might also be worth mentioning...

If you have the McLaren OnePlus 6T you will lose the McLaren bootanimation by flashing this Beta firmware.

(N.B. Open Beta is not available for the non stock, T-Mobile carrier minority variant)

Sorry Manu J... I'll get me coat, as they say. :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Dec 27, 2018

AnonymousWP , Dec 27, 2018 :
    Nah, they just put a timer on the post.

Desejmon and ironass like this.
  4. david72262
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2018

david72262 , Dec 27, 2018 :
    now working notification sound from community app on beta 2 wiped app data. had to reset up fingerprint scanner and it still isn't really working very good.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018

S1545820204155 likes this.
  5. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

H1546069443651 likes this.
  6. ironass
    KitKat Dec 27, 2018

ironass , Dec 27, 2018 :
    This Open Beta 2 has been out for all of 3 hours and you are asking that question!!!

7. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

Desejmon , Dec 27, 2018 :
    REQUEST: bed reminder? A little notification that tells you to go to bed to have at least 6hrs of sleep. Nice iOS feature in my opinion (I don't want to use 3rd party apps)

8. Franksc
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2018

K1511572265933 and Dpg123 like this.
  9. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

ironass

This Open Beta 2 has been out for all of 3 hours and you are asking that question!!!​

Yes because people reading this, start from the first comment at least me. If you don't want to help be quite please. Thanks God I didn't ask where is android pie for 3/3T

10. david72262
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2018

david72262 , Dec 27, 2018 :
    easy to do with built-in Google Assistant.

11. Android450
    Marshmallow Dec 27, 2018

RoscoeDpG likes this.
  12. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

Still waiting for supporting my native language

13. bpwest80
    KitKat Dec 27, 2018

bpwest80 , Dec 27, 2018 :
    LOLOLOL! I knew it wouldn't take long.

martinparker28 likes this.
  14. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

What? Asking question? I'm just curious, and staying on official

15. Deactivated User
    Dec 27, 2018

16. RoscoeDpG
    Donut Dec 27, 2018

RoscoeDpG , Dec 27, 2018 :
    Usually good sign lol

Android450 likes this.
  17. ironass
    KitKat Dec 27, 2018

ironass , Dec 27, 2018 :
    So... let me get this straight. You ask about battery life now and those who have done 3 charge/discharge cycles will post the answer 15 pages or 300 posts, further down the line. Might be better if you asked that question in 3 days time don't you think?
    I also know the answer to the Android Pie question for the 3/3T.

A1544316505433 likes this.
  18. martinparker28
    Froyo Dec 27, 2018

martinparker28 , Dec 27, 2018 :
    I've just downloaded Beta 2 and my battery is now lasting a full 36 hours.........:)

Weverette and G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj like this.
  19. Desejmon
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2018

Okay I'm sorry man, you are right. I will be better next time. Promise

ironass likes this.
  20. RoscoeDpG
    Donut Dec 27, 2018

RoscoeDpG , Dec 27, 2018 :
    Might be dumb question but do u think dirty flash over 9.0.11 will be good idea? Lol or flash beta 1 then update?? Curious since no one having issues anyway lol