OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5T

1. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

2. borft
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2018

borft , Oct 15, 2018 :
    90% of camera complaints are people that have no idea of how photography works, nor do they provide any backing evidence to stake their claims. camera has actually improved, and I for one, am quite content with it.

as for updates, I have seen many, including camera fixes, interface tweaks, project treble, security patches, etc.

2 months is simply not a lot of time to create a stable reliable build of a new os version. besides, what do you guys want so badly from Android pie? it's not magically going to make your camera perform like phones that are way more expensive, nor make the battery last a week, or enable dual 4g ;)

Klimo and prakash_diwakar like this.
  3. peer4all
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

4. Shrish.vvy
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

Shrish.vvy , Oct 15, 2018 :
    well if they would have done same with OnePlus 6 their upcoming sales of OnePlus 6T would have been affected.So what they do is they assigned all their resources on development for OnePlus 6 and 6T and left rest other phones.For OnePlus 5 and 5T they need more time and for OnePlus 6 they managed to released 3 open betas and a stable OTA in approx.2 weeks.Then what's the use of so called "Project Treble" if they cannot even provide timely and quality betas to their previous flagships. This time OnePlus "REALLY SETTLED"

5. shubhamdsingh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

shubhamdsingh , Oct 15, 2018 :
    as pointed earlier, you're wasting your time in making people understand in wrong thread.
    user here are beta users who are accustomed to 2 updates per month schedule.

please do not make us understand virtue of patience. your post maybe appreciated in stable thread: not here.

thanks

Shrish.vvy likes this.
  6. Jacek Pecka
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2018

Jacek Pecka , Oct 15, 2018 :
    No it will never happen.

Beta isn't for everyone only for people who know what and how to use it.

I'm not using Beta at all (I don't need it) but I know they are needed (betas) to make sure everything works fine and smooth - that's why it's "beta" to test and see how it will work.

For you it's another "useless" version - for me
    "lots of effort to put inside it" to give a smile for those who have problems with the device.

I would be more worried if I would have few updates as most of the "branded" companies do, instead plenty of big/small update from 1+

7. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Oct 15, 2018 :
    Dude, you simply don't get the point of this entire thread. That's ok, you keep thinking what you want.

I, like you couldn't care less about the camera. My wife takes pictures on her Pixel, I don't. Point is, they should have ceased the so-called "development" of Oreo a couple of months ago and concentrated their resources on PIE when Google released the build for manufacturer development. (whatever that date was).

The last two or three updates are not updates. They are placebos. And really? Beta builds are not releases for the mainstream people that don't use them. So if you're going to release an update with just a security patch, it should be released in a final form, not a beta, that is updatable via the phone.

Google has released updates too that only has security patches, every month. But that update is available to everyone, not just those participating in the beta programs. If memory serves, the last security update on the final is August 1st, Its now October with a made available by google October 1st security patch.

Anyway, to defend OP after releasing this update is mind-boggling. They did nothing but update play store apps.

Have a good day.

Shrish.vvy and shubhamdsingh like this.
  8. Shrish.vvy
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

Shrish.vvy , Oct 15, 2018 :
    true

9. borft
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2018

borft , Oct 15, 2018 :
    well, I'm not defending OnePlus here. I would be more than happy to have a real update, even if it's only beta.

however, the large majority of the haters here have no idea about software development. Moreover, they don't really have a clue why they even want to update to pie. they just like complaining. if pie comes out, I'm quite sure they'll go back to complaining about batterylife, the camera, or whatever they want!

Klimo likes this.
  10. Gab0__
    Froyo Oct 15, 2018

Gab0__ , Oct 15, 2018 :
    did you see the ChangeLog?

11. shubhamdsingh
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

shubhamdsingh , Oct 15, 2018 :
    you can choose to ignore them like we do !!!

read through the comments of users who hate this thread because this update is a joke !!

and it's not even APRIL !!!

borft likes this.
  12. G_Nick_T_FTnG
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2018

G_Nick_T_FTnG , Oct 15, 2018 :
    Again, this is about this update, and OP's motives behind it. It has nothing at all to do with what you are speaking of. It's a blatant placebo move to pretend they are actually working on development to appease 5/5T users.

It simply missed the mark and thats what all this so-called "whining" as you put it is all about.

The only thing? It cannot be called or defined as "whining" when the statement is 100% true. Take it or leave it doesn't apply here.

Its the BS One Plus has shown with this update, and the posters in this thread are calling them out on it.

13. madmacx
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

14. j0k3rip
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

j0k3rip , Oct 15, 2018 :
    Can we just move on and get serious with the beta eventho its not android pie.

OP5 heating while charging. I used all 3 dash chargers but same result. Anyone have the same issue?

15. jeewanct
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

jeewanct , Oct 15, 2018 :
    now oneplus 6 also goi g to be scatter , don't worry

16. borft
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2018

borft , Oct 15, 2018 :
    did you clear cache from recovery yet? works fine over here

17. Icecreamypie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2018

X1512964625366 likes this.
  18. s4sallam
    Eclair Oct 15, 2018

19. Nilesh Nalamwar
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2018

Nilesh Nalamwar , Oct 15, 2018 :
    As per my observation the delay is due to OnePlus 6T launch which is coming in 2 weeks, before there were no issue in the update pattern.

As their priority will be 6T when it will launched after that they will work on pie for 5T, 5, 3T & 3

So I hope we will be receiving the update at month end or first half of November.

I have patience and I will wait, as my life is not changing after Pie [e]270c[/e]️

Klimo likes this.
  20. X1512964625366
    Froyo Oct 15, 2018

X1512964625366 , Oct 15, 2018 :
    i think they are going to announce Pie Beta for OP5/5t in 6t launch event as they did for oreo for oneplus 5 during launch of op 5t