OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5T

1. OP6BIO
    Froyo Oct 16, 2018

OP6BIO , Oct 16, 2018 :
    They won't until 6T starts selling... They want us to buy new [e]1f4f1[/e] with Pie or just wait for months

Michael Ziaja and X1517396854503 like this.
  2. friendsanu1993
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

friendsanu1993 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    And why is that?
    OS updates don't come in ready to cook packets.
    It needs time and testing to craft a good final build. Otherwise it's users like you who will post pointless threads about bugs.
    Just be patient, pie will come to you when it's ready

RAS2911 likes this.
  3. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

Niek Kant , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Ok, so something that crossed my mind after this truly terrible beta update.

Something I'm wondering about is this: OnePlus stated that the OnePlus 6T will be releasing with android Pie and a completely new version of OxygenOS with a complete UI overhaul.

At first I thought it was just marketing talk since the OnePlus 5/5T/6 already have the new UI when it comes to icons and such. With the OnePlus 6 being on android Pie I thought that that would be what the final software on the OnePlus 6T would look like since OxygenOS looks very similar across all OnePlus devices.

But what if OnePlus is really working on a complete overhaul of OxygenOS, that would explain why the Android Pie Beta for the OnePlus 5/5T has been delayed so much and also why Android Pie for the OnePlus 6 isn't all that different from the OnePlus 5/5T beta when it comes purely to OxygenOS' design.

What I'm thinking is that OnePlus is really rebuilding OxygenOS from the ground up to be it's own thing, look at the graphic for the in-display fingerprint sensor. It's not close to stock-Android design language.

My best guess is that this completely new design of OxygenOS will not only be speedy but also fluid and smooth like the Pixel's software. And when it does finally release with it's debut on the OnePlus 6T. The OnePlus 3/3T/5/5T/6 will all get this brand new overhaul of OxygenOS, smoother and prettier than before.

(Be honest, Android Pie for the OnePlus 6 doesn't look that special. It's just the 5/5T beta software with things Google changed about Android like the volume slider and recents menu and has very little OxygenOS flavor about it.)

Guday18, DogeAlpha, MoonFlame and 7 others like this.
  4. X1517396854503
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

5. simoniub
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

6. ShauryaSabharwal
    Froyo Oct 16, 2018

ShauryaSabharwal , Oct 16, 2018 :

Niek Kant

Ok, so something that crossed my mind after this truly terrible beta update.

Something I'm wondering about is this: OnePlus stated that the OnePlus 6T will be releasing with android Pie and a completely new version of OxygenOS with a complete UI overhaul.

At first I thought it was just marketing talk since the OnePlus 5/5T/6 already have the new UI when it comes to icons and such. With the OnePlus 6 being on android Pie I thought that that would be what the final software on the OnePlus 6T would look like since OxygenOS looks very similar across all OnePlus devices.

But what if OnePlus is really working on a complete overhaul of OxygenOS, that would explain why the Android Pie Beta for the OnePlus 5/5T has been delayed so much and also why Android Pie for the OnePlus 6 isn't all that different from the OnePlus 5/5T beta when it comes purely to OxygenOS' design.

What I'm thinking is that OnePlus is really rebuilding OxygenOS from the ground up to be it's own thing, look at the graphic for the in-display fingerprint sensor. It's not close to stock-Android design language.

My best guess is that this completely new design of OxygenOS will not only be speedy but also fluid and smooth like the Pixel's software. And when it does finally release with it's debut on the OnePlus 6T. The OnePlus 3/3T/5/5T/6 will all get this brand new overhaul of OxygenOS, smoother and prettier than before.

(Be honest, Android Pie for the OnePlus 6 doesn't look that special. It's just the 5/5T beta software with things Google changed about Android like the volume slider and recents menu and has very little OxygenOS flavor about it.)​

its gonna be the same UI as OnePlus 6. they just changed the UI for 6. Why would they change the UI again for 6t and then update the 6 too XD

Sam Nakamura and simoniub like this.
  7. Niek Kant
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

Niek Kant , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Because I think that, because the 6 was part of the beta program they had to push Android Pie to the 6 very fast and not change a lot about OxygenOS. Now that at least the 6 has Pie, OnePlus can focus on the design of OxygenOS

Guday18 likes this.
  8. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2018

redlinecoatings , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Wow. Someone with some common sense finally. It's nice to see.

Guday18 and Niek Kant like this.
  9. ShauryaSabharwal
    Froyo Oct 16, 2018

ShauryaSabharwal , Oct 16, 2018 :
    This Beta build has the UI changes OnePlus 6 got with the Pie update. Except the changes that came with pie. Maybe they'll make the UI more fluid for 6t but it would definitely be the same as 6. and they can call it a new UI cause most of the other OnePlus devices except the 6 are still running that old UI

10. SoumyaMahunt
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

SoumyaMahunt , Oct 16, 2018 :
    But there are a lot of under the hood development like battery management, brightness management, more privacy restriction on apps, also some button and gesture improvements.
    I don't know why there is such obsession of oneplus building a new ui, its not like that they could change the ui of other apps to their thing, why not just follow google's mdl2.0 guidelines. Everyone else is doing it at the end of the day, the whole system will look inconsistent like other oems make their os do for the sake of looking different. Its unlikely of oneplus and i am disappointed in them.

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  11. G_Инкогнито_И
    Donut Oct 16, 2018

X1517396854503 likes this.
  12. C1530098296545
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

C1530098296545 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    someone out there is saying we should wait,a phone that I paid for,it wasn't free.we deserve the best,at least a month or 2 behind nexuses .......give us pie stop starving us our value for money

13. Intruder71
    Lollipop Oct 16, 2018

Intruder71 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    You bought the phone not support

14. C1530098296545
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

15. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 16, 2018

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 16, 2018 :
    And where was free support mentioned?

16. aykut39
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

17. C1530098296545
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

18. redlinecoatings

No such thing as Nexus anymore. You bought the phone as a phone, not because they promised you that they would provide you with updates anytime you want. You want pie so bad, get off your *** and do some contributing to development.

19. redlinecoatings

I love this thread. I get a good laugh every morning reading all of the whine posts from people who clearly have no life whatsoever. I can see the future and it goes like this.

"We want pie, we are all leaving op if we don't get it"
    - Pie finally released same people as before,
    " We love you op, thank you for pie. you are the best"
    - An hour later....
    " This update is worst. Camera is degraded, phone lags and heats"
    " OP should have waited to release pie if it wasn't ready"
    " Update needed now"
    " If I don't get update I'm buying something else"

And so on and so forth. For the rest of our lives here on these forums. With every phone and every update. I do not understand how they can't see how childish and pathetic they are being as they scroll through their own posts.

20. Rajtilak1710
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

Rajtilak1710 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    they are focusing on op 6 and 6t But they r not thinking about existing members like op5 &5t