OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5T

1. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 16, 2018

zer0se7en , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Sell your OnePlus device and buy yourself a Pixel if you want updates. Only problem is if you can afford 'em. Au revoir!

2. sweggitity

sweggitity , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Pretty sure the devs are working on it, as a software engineering myself, i understand how much of a hassle it is to work with codes. I completely understand the latest betas for OnePlus 5/5T were pointless as those apps could have been updated via Play Store and Play Store even has an option for opting in Beta users, So OnePlus could have done that, but i find it completely reluctant to whine about Pie right now, releasing it even for Beta, it would be extremely buggy, and won't operate well for daily use where most of the users who uses beta on their device, use their phone as a daily driver, so the devs needs to polish it up and release beta and the bugs that they couldn't find, the beta users will be able to point them out and then they can release stable update. Look at other manufacturer like Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony... very few of em has released Pie for their phones and the 2017 flagship device of these companies won't even see Pie until 2019. So stop the whining, Pie will be on 5/5T by the end of December. If you want faster updates, sell your OP and get a Google Pixel by adding some cash.

3. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2018

DogeAlpha , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Most of their 2018*** flagships still won't see pie until 2019.
    Lol

4. Nikhil_Kashid
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

Nikhil_Kashid , Oct 16, 2018 :
    OnePlus is becoming more like iPhone, force the old customers to buy new OnePlus devices.. it's damn sure that u people have stopped caring for old devices and put all your concentration on launch of 6T..

5. Gursagarpreet
    Eclair Oct 16, 2018

6. Rajtilak1710
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

Rajtilak1710 , Oct 16, 2018 :
    we r talking about that only we r still blank

7. zer0se7en

zer0se7en , Oct 16, 2018 :
    That is called "Business". They need to make a profit too, you know. I wonder what you would do if you were at their shoes. SMH.

8. devanshsadhotra
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

devanshsadhotra , Oct 16, 2018 :
    agree with u regarding pie update and one more point i would like to add , even Current Oreo is having lots of scope of improvement. I would be Happy with a fully loaded Oreo rather than a buggy pie.

9. Harifism
    Froyo Oct 16, 2018

Harifism , Oct 16, 2018 :
    I have to say I checked every day at morning and night if there is a beta update expecting pie, so I was naturally disappointed with this update. But I hope they will come up with pie in the next update. I have to wait again. I hope it is worth the wait.

G1534926980238 and biffy8269 like this.
  10. biffy8269
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

biffy8269 , Oct 16, 2018 :

redlinecoatings

And if they released nothing then they would be crying that they haven't kept their promises. It's a lose lose with these people. There is guaranteed some behind the scenes stuff in this update that doesn't go in the changelog.​

I know, it has to be tough for the devs. And you're right, I've noticed little things in previous updates that weren't in the change log so I'm hoping that is the case with this. Of course I'm annoyed that we don't have pie yet but I understand that there's nothing I can do about it (unlike so many people in this thread) so until they release it, we just have to deal with cupcake after cupcake asking for it

11. markgangte96
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

12. Mandy Singh
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2018

13. ismailmee53
    Donut Oct 16, 2018

14. Sam Nakamura

Sam Nakamura , Oct 16, 2018 :
    Another "you're holding it wrong" argument... lol
    Typically fanboyizm, it's not their fault to deliver crappie and delayed updates (just to pressure users into hardware upgrades) but the users fault to "not be patient enough", ridiculous and straight nonsense!
    Why did they treblelize the OP5/t if it still even delays (compared to last year) the android version upgrades instead of speeding up the process, isn't "project treble" implemented to fix exactly this, the slow updates?

That's just marketing and nothing technical about it, it is what it is for good reason... and we harm our common cause if we naively protect them in their disgraceful actions - not in favor of those whining all the time but what happens now (slow and meaningless updates, announcing PIE upgrade delays off-site and reducing "project treble" to a meaningless gimmick) is actually worthy of bad user feedback!

15. adityatelure
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

16. adityatelure
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

adityatelure , Oct 16, 2018 :
    plz help me

17. G_T_Bennett
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2018

18. adityatelure
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2018

19. sunny.spidy