OxygenOS Open Beta 20 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 18 for OnePlus 5T

1. Hiranr3
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2018

Hiranr3 , Oct 17, 2018 :
    I was feeling pretty low yesterday, so I updated the phone and read the changelog, it was so funny it lifted my mood.

dattaprasad.patil.88 likes this.
  2. zer0se7en
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2018

zer0se7en , Oct 17, 2018 :
    Sorry man. Never had those problems on mine .There is way to replicate your problem though. If I always choose to update via OTA using just the phone, it would happen. But I already figured out a workaround. Updating via sideload method using a computer. Eversince I purchased this device I have never formatted it to factory settings. Always doing a dirty flash. Still have no problems.

3. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2018

4. bpokra
    Eclair Oct 17, 2018

5. NikhilJagtap

6. Prashanth Kumar S
    Eclair Oct 17, 2018

Prashanth Kumar S , Oct 17, 2018 :
    This time also there is no stable update. One plus is releasing so many beta version and giving so many features in beta version but all the features are not incorporated in stable version. why is this?

This time one plus is taking so much time to release stable version not even oct security patches.

They all are more interested in OP6 and OP6T.

This is very disappointing to OP users.

Animesh.mo and syamkg12345 like this.
  7. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 17, 2018

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 17, 2018 :
    Because 2 months haven't passed yet genius...

Prashanth Kumar S likes this.
  8. shaun.hossain
    Eclair Oct 17, 2018

9. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2018

deviantartjr likes this.
  10. daopro258
    Eclair Oct 17, 2018

11. ShauryaSabharwal
    Froyo Oct 17, 2018

ShauryaSabharwal , Oct 17, 2018 :
    Pete Lau has confirmed that OOS 9.0 has been delayed for 5, 5t as well as 3/3t. They could've at least given a stable oreo update with all the new features that are there in the beta builds and the latest security patch. I guess priorities change over time. For me one of the most important reasons to consider a oneplus device was the fast and regular updates and security patches. But lately focus has shifted to releasing new devices and capturing more market share and older device owners like me feel left out. If they're having a hard time in supporting devices which are just 1-1.5 years old this situation is just gonna worsen going into 2019 and with the release of OnePlus 7.
    I'm not complaining. its just a thought and i hope things become better, but if not OnePlus is just throwing away a factor which makes it stand out among all the competition.

Animesh.mo and syamkg12345 like this.
  12. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 17, 2018

They probably where hoping on giving us Pie this beta but samething went wrong...
    Thats why there was a delay and no feature or changes this beta...

dattaprasad.patil.88 likes this.
  13. M1539763379181
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2018

Md.Bayeed likes this.
  14. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 17, 2018

When cupcakes start to read relevant pinned threads to there questions

15. Trevor.Hawkes

Trevor.Hawkes , Oct 17, 2018 :
    Instead of stamping their feet and screaming "OnePlus is bad I didn't get my daily update" some people on here should go look at other manufacturers forums and see where they are with software and updates. Sure, there are some more advanced than one plus and some not but the fact is that "most" people here have a good working mobile that is as good as most other mobiles on the market. Don't forget we paid a reasonable price for a good phone and we get updates more often than many other mobiles.

daster_x likes this.
  16. Md.Bayeed
    Eclair Oct 17, 2018

17. HalCapone
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2018

HalCapone , Oct 17, 2018 :
    Think OP may of bitten off more than they can chew.3 and 3T are more than two-year-old phones that weren't supposed to get the pie update but to try keep people happy they said they would do it.Probably not thinking to much about how much effort it would really take to do so. I think if all they had to do was work on the 5T as oldest phone they would not of delayed it or by much.

18. Trevor.Hawkes

Trevor.Hawkes , Oct 17, 2018 :
    At the end of last month the number of recorded mobiles running Pie was less than 0.1%.
    This is Google's record of people visiting the play store and excludes China but it does point to OnePlus are moving forward well on getting Pie out.

19. IsaacHung
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2018

IsaacHung , Oct 17, 2018 :
    ugh pete lau said (according to android authority's article) Pie updates for OP5,5T,3,3T have been delayed....smh

20. Lakshya_mandovra_1995
    Donut Oct 17, 2018