OxygenOS Open Beta 21/12 for the OnePlus 3/3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siquel00
    Eclair Aug 4, 2017

Siquel00 , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Doesn't matter, parallel app from OnePlus doesn't work properly. And you can't add any application, only few (two-three) which was hardcoded. You need to wait next few months for second update and maybe then parallel apps will works as it should.

Or maybe not... :)

2. jak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2017

jak , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Are you high? Of course it should have a higher security patch. It's a beta after all. It makes no sense to not run publicly available security patches through the beta program. A beta is there to test things, and security patches need testing as well, so you could say that beta should preferably always be ahead. And that's how it was for some time (a newer security patch really was the sole reason I switched to beta when it was announced), but now OnePlus basically just said "**** the users, we don't care if they get hacked or not".

G_EVR and AcmE85 like this.
  3. peaky blinders
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2017

peaky blinders , Aug 4, 2017 :
    so people running stable should be left behind with these patches but it's fine for an OS which is for testing purposes only not for everyday use really even though it does get used like that as people install it for latest features not to submit bugs

4. netllocke

netllocke , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Did you install full or OTA? If OTA ,download from Oneplus then reinstalled the lastest full open beta update package.Hope that will restore your network connectivity. Cheers !

5. jak

jak , Aug 4, 2017 :
    I did not say that stable should be left behind, quite the contrary. The point of a beta program is to catch bugs in new code changes and have them become stable.

Normal development basically targets a master branch that essentially becomes beta at some point, stabilizes, and then gets released as a new stable release series. You can of course cherry-pick important changes to earlier release series, but you likely don't want that immediately, maybe after a week or so (prepare both a next-stable and current-stable release, and just wait to see if something breaks for a few days after pushing the unstable one). In their infinite wisdom, OnePlus decided to ignore basic principles of software engineering and keeps several basically unrelated branches of development, causing them to be unable to move forward at a reasonable pace (you can't just have two independent stable and beta branches and pick individual changes from beta to stable - that does not scale, nor does it provide actual testing of the changes in context, leading to buggy stable releases).

partridge79 likes this.
  6. jak

Attached Files:

7. G_EVR
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2017

G_EVR , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Is anyone else noticing that after a reboot the phone boots up with night mode enabled and when it finishes loading it shuts itself off or I have to shut it off myself? I have night mode set to enable itself at sunset and shut off at sunrise if that makes any difference.

8. F_Rutger_Geerlings_tyEZ
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2017

F_Rutger_Geerlings_tyEZ , Aug 4, 2017 :
    When I check the parallel setting at WhatsApp or any other app, no other clone of the app is made. it does say: parallel has been created, but nowhere to find in my apps. how to fix?

partridge79 likes this.
  9. jak

jak , Aug 4, 2017 :
    The animation when opening it is bananas too. It basically unfolds from the middle of the screen rather than rippling out from the click, causing the result to feel disconnected from the click.

When closing it, the click handlers are not unset before it is fully closed. So while it basically appears closed again at the latest stages, if you click on the folder the launcher launches a random app from it.

And of course the feedback app says my rom version does not support submitting feedback or something, so let's hope someone reads this.

Adam Krisko and alexphl like this.
  10. partridge79
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2017

partridge79 , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Is the "shelf" feature in this release still blinding? or does it go dark in darkmode as it should? #WHITEUIMUSTDIE

11. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2017

Topper_Gas , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Basically it sucks, it's almost like the first attempt by a s/w developer from a couple of years ago, not the latest update. Have they given us an update from a few years ago in error in this beta, why did they change the previous circle folders which just opened in a small box to these monstrosity? I've now had to place all my folders in the bottom row of icons as they look awful anywhere else.

12. F_Karan_Mistry_OUMX
    Eclair Aug 4, 2017

13. lemonhater

lemonhater , Aug 4, 2017 :
    Would be appreciated if you could explain new features in detail next time (e.g. how it's used, how to enable/disable it)

14. fajarfayfae
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2017

15. emreoez
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2017

emreoez , Aug 5, 2017 :
    could someone extract me the dialer/phone app from the 21st Beta please?

16. JustPlayingHard
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2017

JustPlayingHard , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Thank you.
    Some people just didn't understand how it was an issue before because they were so blind to it.

AcmE85 likes this.
  17. TheSpoken
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2017

TheSpoken , Aug 5, 2017 :
    This update motivated me to organize my apps into folders, lol. Loving the change.

18. pranavchat14
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

19. Deactivated User
    Aug 5, 2017

20. Android450
    Marshmallow Aug 5, 2017

Android450 , Aug 5, 2017 :
    At least we get trolling material :D