OxygenOS Open Beta 21 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 19 for OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 30, 2018

Mr_Cyrox , Oct 30, 2018 :
    They could just slap OxygenOS 5.1.7 on this beta and call it quits :p
    Would be a massive update for those who run stable :)

2. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Battery drain which was on stable version, that made me switch to beta version, and those features and another advantage that we will be the ones to try out the pie beta in November soon.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  3. mischa1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

mischa1981 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    your opinion? you want Pie, i get that.
    you know, oneplus started the Beta program to accelerate Updates. everyones waiting for Pie, we KNOW. oneplus KNOWS. Carl Pei stated some days ago that PIE on op5 and op3 will Take More time, what is there so hard to understand?

they didn't publish an OTA for two months and you guys Go crazy. now for all your crying they publish a new Update and you keep on crying.

they are Working as fast as they can and you still expect them to publish extremely fast and Bug free. you also realize that doesn't work.

pinqfloyd and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  4. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 30, 2018

Beta should be for testing and giving feedback but these days it became just an alternative to stable... A better alternative in fact...

Hope OnePlus goes back on track after Pie update

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

Yeah you are right bro.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  6. Rio8201
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Rio8201 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    I'm just stating my opinion which is allowed. There is no need to say people that want Pie are crying about it. Also the OnePlus 5t is only 10 months old and if it came out that fast on the OnePlus 6 you can only expect the same for the 5t. That is my opinion which I'm allowed to have. If you disagree that's fine. Just don't get so angry as it is a community forum to discuss our views. If you can't handle others views just don't bother being here.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  7. redlinecoatings

redlinecoatings , Oct 30, 2018 :

G_Nick_T_FTnG

Some of you simply don't get it. Some of you defend OP by saying this is a beta program. Great. But do you know what a beta program is?

They get users to test. Then they fix areas around the reported issues, then they get you to test again.

So how does this new "beta" align with that?? There are tons of different areas in this operating system. They simply said "general bug fixes and improvements".

Ok "beta tester". Go test it now! But wait! What exactly are you testing? What broken part of the previous beta did they fix? You have no starting point, you have no concentrated focus, you have nothing.

So unless there is an insect named General, then you have no idea as to what "bug" to concentrate your attention on.

That my friends is not a beta program. Unless of course you have a spreadsheet that has every single possible thing you can think of on it and you go out and check off boxes.

Point is? There is nothing to this update and anyone who defends it needs to give their head a shake.​

So if you go to make a phone call, and something doesn't work you wouldnt file a bug report because they never told you to check it?

The only person that needs to give their head a shake is you. Obviously this is the first beta program you've enrolled in, but I've been in many, from various manufacturer's and none give you a list of things to look for.

You use your phone as you normally would, and if you encounter a big or glitch or whatever you report it and the team looks into it. It's a rather simple concept.

I'm not defending the update because I could care less about it. People wanted a security patch so they got it. And pie is still in closed beta testing so it isn't ready.

8. paulomodesto
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

paulomodesto , Oct 30, 2018 :

As they are putting all efforts on android Pie, all this Oreo Betas are pointless, that´s why we don´t see any noticiable change like we should have on a beta tester rom.
    They first have to began to sell they new flagship so some of us update to 6T, if they give us android Pie why we should update to they last flagship?

Why should i change from a non Notched or Waterdropped Smartphone to one that have it just in front of the screen?
    To have less bezels?
    Why should i change from one of the best Fingerprint sensor on the market to one that we have to first wake device to scan slowly fingerprint?
    Two steps unlock, what?
    Because it´s futuristic?
    And the absent of headphone jack?
    Why should i change for worst?
    For some numbers on paper?
    For being with the latest on the market?
    Never Settle!

9. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Oct 30, 2018

How can you know that?
    Guessing?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  10. CARoshanAgarwal
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

CARoshanAgarwal , Oct 30, 2018 :
    magnetic controls of OP bullets wireless not working in OP5. Even earphone mode is missing. Any leads guys?

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  11. F_Pradip_Taran_SFfO
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

F_Pradip_Taran_SFfO , Oct 30, 2018 :
    You have a criminal mind. Not only disrespectful but abusive. You must be banned from the forum.

pinqfloyd and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  12. Creativexploder7
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

deviantartjr and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  13. Beatsx
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Beatsx , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Still waiting for pie update,you took so long.., its not your strategy oneplus...
    [e]1f494[/e]

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  14. AhmedAhdach
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

AhmedAhdach , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Totaly agree

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. ShauryaSabharwal
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  16. sachkharb

sachkharb , Oct 30, 2018 :
    it's special update for those geeks who always want a new update.. enjoy folks. lol

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  17. Patrick Mondon
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  18. 404.php
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  19. console_pc_gamer
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

console_pc_gamer , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Why can't you understand, that not all people are asking pie. The question is why so minor update? It's like they are releasing update just for sake of releasing. First learn to reply to people respectfully. Don't just defend op, people here have valid questions. Don't be a spokesperson of OP.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  20. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

No they are just ending up the Oreo update that's why they are giving minor updates, and let's be honest at least they are giving us the latest security update to be on time, we hope to see a new update really soon and we can expect pie after 15 days and for now 6t is the only device with hype so don't get cried out why not older devices and why the new devices.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.