OxygenOS Open Beta 21 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 19 for OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulomodesto Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

paulomodesto, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Be Pacient in a matter of days or weeks we all be happy with a new beta!
    Enjoy the week!

2. Arvind9118 Eclair Dec 5, 2018

Arvind9118, Dec 5, 2018 :
    where is portrait mode for front camera? i guess some beta update was there few months back !

3. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 5, 2018

camohan, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Those are 5447 characters and I will try to reply and make it easier for others to read it instead of a huge wall of text with same thing repeated over and over again.

1. When 5 and 5t were new devices, they were given priority for updates and now its time for Op6 and op6t. I know karma can be a B**ch. Similarly 6 and 6t will take a back seat and this is natural. There is no point of bringing emotions here.
    2. Your point is valid if 5 and 5t were completely ignored for providing Pie update. But you will be glad to know even 3 and 3t are getting pie update. I would be glad if you could list down any other OEMs who has done that.
    3. Delay in providing updates does not mean it is forgotten. There are lot of processes and priorities involved. Everything has a time.
    4. The forum is made of users just like you and me. It is important that forum remains useful for user who are genuinely interested in making valid discussions and seeking solutions. If you look at how this thread has panned up, you will realise how pathetic users have behave. It is but for the sake of community friendly attitude that users are not are not banned. If it were XDA these users have had not even been active for more than one hour.
    5. There are users who have gone to such a low level that they have started using Hindi swear words of all kinds including related to mothers, sisters, etc. I dont need to elaborate more. I am sure you very well understand.
    6. Lastly, it is important to note that every OEMs who cares about its community works in the interest of the users and in such cases it is possible that there can be a delay which does not mean users would literally man handle the forum and make it like an idiotic playground.
    7. No users are banned without given appropriate warnings both soft as well as warning points as per the rules.
    8. When we are using the forum it is important to maintain sanity.
    9. Pie is not the last thing on the earth. I think life is much beautiful if made a good use of time.
    10. If you have any further question you can continue to discuss here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-software-maintenance-schedule.862347/

I hope this makes it more easy to read and understand.

Mr_Cyrox, zer0se7en, Hebbnag and 14 others like this.
  4. V1511372468702 Eclair Dec 5, 2018

V1511372468702, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Hey Camohan, I appreciate the reply and I'll try to clarify in short. Mine is not a complain, much rather an invitation to other users to stop acting compulsively and start thinking more about the reasons why.
    To reply to your points:
    1. No emotions actually brought. And no emotions needed to notify that 5/5T DID NOT get any priority even when it was supposed to be given. Oreo came out for 3/3T, a previous model, earlier and you know it.
    2. Do I really have to list the other OEMs which have already pushed Pie? There's no need to, and you know that oneplus is not the only one. I'm not saying every 2017 phone has received it, but the point of my message was not that.
    3. No it is not forgotten, of course everything has a time, but it is a matter of choices been made and repercussions on the Community. Do you not see how the community is reacting? Either they are all gone crazy, or only the crazy keep writing here... Think about it.
    4. Totally agree.
    5. Totally agree.
    6. Absolutely true.
    7. Not relevant.
    8. Absolutely true.
    9. Definitely.
    10. Thanks for having pointed out a place where the discussion can be more productive and less off topic.

Thanks and have a great day

5. harshit.b Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

harshit.b, Dec 5, 2018 :
    you can't really compare software schedule of two different platforms. the only one to provide same day updates to their previous gen devices on android is google. if you expect the same then please go buy a pixel.

6. faiezzalila Donut Dec 5, 2018

faiezzalila, Dec 5, 2018 :
    for me, oreo or pie is almost the same thing.
    but i look forward to obtain the accent color customization

7. gotshoaib Gingerbread Dec 5, 2018

gotshoaib, Dec 5, 2018 :

harshit.b

you can't really compare software schedule of two different platforms. the only one to provide same day updates to their previous gen devices on android is google. if you expect the same then please go buy a pixel.​

I guess 1 month is enough, if OnePlus wants to compete with flagship devices only.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

8. aykut39 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

aykut39, Dec 5, 2018 :
    1544018796333.jpg
    we already have accent color customization.. which universe are you living?

9. sunny.spidy Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

10. Smilex93 Donut Dec 5, 2018

Smilex93, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I hurts my eyes, reading comments at this thread. Firing Hate comments to the OnePlus Team, Shouting not asking for an release date for the open beta.
    This is stupid to wait for an open beta.
    Also stupid to grab for some facts to discuss for the delay on an open beta release. Are software updates so important for you to ask 1000x times for an release date ? Or reload pages to find a new thread when the open beta has been released ?
    Something is wrong here, get out of the internet. If you are unhappy, download H2OS to your Op5t, get out and breath some air.

xDarKFeniXx, JantjeW, wolla60 and 2 others like this.
  11. paulomodesto Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

paulomodesto, Dec 5, 2018 :
    We have it on beta for months, but as i know the stable don´t!

Guess it´s not today.
    Let´s try again tomorow!!!

12. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 5, 2018

camohan, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Well is the day over already?

13. aykut39 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

aykut39, Dec 5, 2018 :
    who cares.. we already have it.. beta is more stable than stable...

14. Navdeep_Malik Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

Navdeep_Malik, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Already been a week if you think it takes week

15. deviantartjr Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

16. aykut39 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

aykut39, Dec 5, 2018 :
    today has passed 7 minutes ago.. come tomorrow..

the_reckoner and deviantartjr like this.
  17. harshit.b Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

harshit.b, Dec 5, 2018 :
    they did release it for the current flagship in a month though.

18. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

Icecreamypie, Dec 5, 2018 :
    I see OnePlus delays update and I look back
    I found that I delay videos in my YouTube channel
    just like OnePlus
    (I delayed half a month)

19. harshit.b Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

harshit.b, Dec 5, 2018 :
    wasn't hydrogen os out last friday?

20. aykut39 Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

aykut39, Dec 5, 2018 :
    what is your channel