Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulomodesto Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

paulomodesto, Dec 5, 2018 :

aykut39

who cares.. we already have it.. beta is more stable than stable...​

Who Cares?
    What?
    We have to run on betas to have good support.
    When that happens something is going really bad don't you think?
    Support is good on OnePlus...
    Yes, if you run on betas...

And yet they are failing!

2. Icecreamypie Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

Icecreamypie, Dec 5, 2018 :
    pm in messages in community
    it is violating the community rules if I post here

3. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Thread cleaned again.

Note, the thread is about Beta 21/19 - posts not about it are off-topic and pointless to the thread.

@Pruthvi9277 indeed I replied to all the PMs. Your post also removed as it's off-topic.

Also, in line with forum rules if anyone reads them, if you have an issue with a moderator then you contact the moderator in question. If you are still unhappy then you contact admins. In this case that will be the Community Manager.

superplus, ldravidu, kunal4 and 2 others like this.
  4. Solanki jagdish Donut Dec 5, 2018

5. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Admin threads can only be closed by admin authorisation.
    Moderators until such a time will continue to moderate.
    Such is life

script and superplus like this.
  6. paulomodesto Honeycomb Dec 5, 2018

paulomodesto, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Once again I understand, but you have already figured it out that, while beta Pie is not released this will continue to be like this?
    It is an inglorious effort trying to change behaviors here.
    I wish you luck, and wish that Pie arrives soon.

And...

As a sign of respect, I will stop right now my participation in this thread, and I think all of us should do the same.

As they say, we should be patient.

7. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

G1534926980238 likes this.
  8. Gian P. Gingerbread Dec 5, 2018

Gian P., Dec 5, 2018 :
    @SoniaB

Manu J. said:

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

---------
    Us the community users (us ordinary mortals!) may remind you MODs what this thread is for!

We have every right to talk about how beta program is going and I think that Admins don't close this thread for this reason.

deviantartjr, unn113 and shanmukh5 like this.
  9. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    The thread is about the betas 21/19.
    Feel free to discuss the beta builds 21/19 in here. That is what the thread is about.

Moderators are not here to silence anyone. I have said several times already. Voice your discontent. However, voice it in the correct thread.

ldravidu likes this.
  10. Gian P. Gingerbread Dec 5, 2018

Gian P., Dec 5, 2018 :
    "how you feel about the beta builds"

Beta builds is different from "this beta build"

11. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    This thread is about beta builds 21 and 19. Two builds.

That is what its in reference to. Its not a general beta builds thread. Its specific to two builds. Beta 21 for OP5 and Beta 19 for OP5T hence the plural rather than singular

ldravidu likes this.
  12. Robert Uszok Froyo Dec 5, 2018

Robert Uszok, Dec 5, 2018 :
    @SoniaB, mods, dev team

what about open beta program? 2 beta's by month. There are some problems? OB19 have more days like 15 - so what's happened?

Any information is better than nothing... And "soon", "so soon" are not an answer...

OB19 - battery optimisation still not working correctly. That's why I ask about OB20. Must be corrected!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

hellsgod likes this.
  13. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Posts including mine were removed. This will be the fourth time at least that I have advised you that if you want to discuss the software schedule then post in the correct thread. This thread is not about Pie. Its about beta 21 and beta 19.

14. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    AFAIK, David Y. Community Manager stated that ROM team were working on Pie and hence the delay. He then stated last week in the weekly update that Google CTS caused a further delay in release of Pie.
    One has to assume that Pie update is imminent if its made it to Google certification. However, ETAs are never be given as you do not know how many builds will be passed before certification is granted. That all affects when its actually ready for distribution. Imagine if OnePlus said next week (looking at you Jeff H.) but then they learn that certification has not been granted, that causes delay. Next we get are OnePlus lied threads. There is no win-win situation here

Reason why Hydrogen OS released Pie is because it does not have to go through the same process of Google certification.

15. Gian P. Gingerbread Dec 5, 2018

Gian P., Dec 5, 2018 :
    sure?! Mh... so explain to me this: "beta builds" for one build?
    1544039625223.jpg

16. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 5, 2018

SoniaB, Dec 5, 2018 :
    So Manu should not use copy and paste. I will feed that back to him [​IMG][​IMG]

deviantartjr and superplus like this.
  17. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Dec 5, 2018 :
    From one week I am facing a Overnight battery drainage, first when I installed the op5t open beta 19 I had 5% battery drain in 10 hours with Wifi and 3% without Wifi now from last week I am having 7% battery drain on Wifi and 5% without Wifi and that is on same setting from the start of this beta, anyone else have this problem?

18. jays88 Froyo Dec 6, 2018

gotshoaib likes this.
  19. camohan Lollipop Moderator Dec 6, 2018

camohan, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Thread has been locked to perform clean-up of all pointless and off-topic posts to ensure the thread becomes more relevant for the beta users.

Please note :
    1. It has been promised that OnePlus 3/3t/5/5t will be provided with Android Pie update. It is simply impracticable to provide a timelines because it depends upon lot of internal things and approval from google. So let it take its own course. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/eta-when-will-android-pie-update-arrive-to-the-op5-t.803255/ this thread clearly explains why ETAs can not be given.
    2. Any posts apart from discussion on beta topic related to the update will be considered as spam and warned as per terms and rules here https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms.
    3. Asking updates again and again is not going to make it come faster.
    4. This is a community forum meant to help fellow users with their issues and not to mess the forum with a place to vent out disappointments and frustrations. It is expected that users show minimum level of decency.
    5. Please consider this as a blanket soft warning to every users who is about to post "when are we getting pie updates". Any such posts will be considered as spam and warned as per terms and rules above.

20. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 6, 2018

superplus, Dec 6, 2018 :
    Thread re-opened solely for posting about OxygenOS Open Beta 21 for OP5 or Open Beta 19 for OP5T.

Each and every post not solely about these builds (even including "I am tired of this build, when is the next build coming") will be warned for as pointless & off-topic.