OxygenOS Open Beta 21 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 19 for OnePlus 5T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Nakamura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2018

Sam Nakamura , Nov 9, 2018 :
    So they invented dash charging on their own? (and all other stuff like in-screen fingerprint) No... They get this development provided by oppo/BBK Electronics or how do you explain that even their devices look almost exactly like the ones from oppo/vivo.. It's definitely not a independent company, that's obvious!

2. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

Jovericain , Nov 9, 2018 :
    I can tell you by the fact that the fingerprint scanner is not the same generation and the algorithm to make as fast and reliable as possible is developed by oneplus for example. they don't have the same strategy regarding update either. but I won't talk further, just find by yourself the interview where Pete explains the difference between them...

3. Sam Nakamura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2018

Sam Nakamura , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Well, I honestly have difficulties to regard it as anything else than a publicity stunt aka marketing, if you remember the days back when the opo/op2 where a thing OnePlus tried actively to hide their relationship with BBK/oppo/vivo, when they realized that hiding it won't work in days of the internet and as a particular document was leaked that proofed a direct relationship they stated to handle the situation more openly, nowadays even their Wikipedia states that they're a subbrand of BBK - I won't deny that they do some fine tuning however the same moment they receive lots of help, all OnePlus device are actually only slightly modified versions from BBK or oppo's blueprint, like when they start developing a new device they receive it 90% done already...
    Remember the notch and the very recent headphone jack decision, that's not what their customers wanted but was decided by their higher ups, because if oppo/vivo decides for the notch or against the headphone jack there's no way OnePlus can do anything about it - they simply depend on what they get from BBK...
    I'm not condemning this process or the dependencies but we should at least be honest and see what really happens and most importantly not believe every marketing statement...

So, is OnePlus a small company? Yes but only on paper or to put it differently, those 1000 employees just modify existing blueprints!

4. Sidharth Shrivastav
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

Sidharth Shrivastav , Nov 9, 2018 :
    no cam update
    no any special improvement
    no pie....
    no improvement in 5,5t
    many user wait for update other brand give update pie or cam improvement but op still ignor user demand and market compilation as other like nokia,moto etc are give better service n update
    over confidence make mistakes
    now op5,5t user make sure again to purchase op device
    i think op force to old user to buy new product indirectly market strategy

5. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2018

Aswin08 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Won't be surprised if this turns out to be real.
    They are definitely rolling out updates just for the sake of open beta numbers.
    I got the same community app and gallery app update through playstore and its working all fine in open beta 17.
    similarly last 2 stable releases have same changelog with Treble support.

How loud we cry they won't care, so stop wasting time. all their resources are on 6T/6.
    Just like me a learn a lesson that op has poor update cycle after 3months the phone is released and poor camera. Make better choice while buying next phone.

6. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

7. daster_x
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

daster_x , Nov 9, 2018 :
    this possibility was removed several OTAs before.
    you can power-off, then press Power+volume down for 10 seconds (until phone start) - and you go directly to recovery

8. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs , Nov 9, 2018 :
    but while unlocking bootloader ? in all video they are telling to enable that option

9. daster_x
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

daster_x , Nov 9, 2018 :
    this option was available before. not sure when the videos were done...
    may be somebody else can help you here... but I know it is the way I described for about 5 or 6 betas.

10. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2018

Aswin08 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Use option as he said above, power off. later use volume down + power button.

11. Gersommelk
    Froyo Nov 9, 2018

luantorreira likes this.
  12. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

y my bootloader is not unlocking but[e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e]

13. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2018

Aswin08 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    what? there is no relation between bootloader not getting unlocked and advanced reboot.
    You just have to enable OEM unlock in developer settings and enter unlock command in bootloader.

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  14. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

but in cmd my device Is not detecting [e]1f62d[/e]

15. Aswin08
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2018

Aswin08 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Because drivers are not proper in your desktop.
    Search google and go through XDA instead of useless YouTube videos.

16. jay.srivatsa
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

17. Creativexploder7
    Eclair Nov 9, 2018

G_Yury_Koltsov_KwaQ likes this.
  18. shaun.hossain
    Eclair Nov 9, 2018

shaun.hossain , Nov 9, 2018 :
    they just start a survey on oxygen os 9 for OnePlus 6 . detect bugs then solve for those . after everything gets fine then they start working for OnePlus 5/T . as a fact it's may take long . note: it's just a guess .

the_reckoner likes this.
  19. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

which kind of drivers ? any names ?

20. Wazeed_Naeem
    Eclair Nov 9, 2018

Wazeed_Naeem , Nov 9, 2018 :
    go to developer options and enable advance reeboot