OxygenOS Open Beta 22 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 20 for OnePlus 5T

1. joncharmed93 Froyo Dec 12, 2018

joncharmed93, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Hello I am currently on stable OP5 5.1.7 I wanted to try the Pie beta, but when I do as the instructions say I get an error message when trying to load it.
    1544652035835.jpg

2. rantlers62 Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

rantlers62, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Got the OTA, mobile data is intermittent even after a phone reset, APN reset. Phone came on in all kinds of Do Not Disturb hell too, took a minute to undo. Y'all might want to hold off on the OTA.

3. lvivero Donut Dec 12, 2018

lvivero, Dec 12, 2018 :
    I'm having troubles with my garmin 645. My OP5 don't pair with it, since update to Pie... Any suggestions? I have already reinstall app (connect) and "forget" the gadget at the Bluetooth menu.

4. SoumyaMahunt Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

5. N1517235739249 Eclair Dec 12, 2018

6. MikhailTheItalian Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

MikhailTheItalian, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Click confirm. I got the same thing it's normal

7. Janusz_Kulesza Donut Dec 12, 2018

Janusz_Kulesza, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Do you have L1 Widevine DRM implemented in yr device? I read that it can be a reason of this issue.

8. notsopatel Donut Dec 12, 2018

notsopatel, Dec 12, 2018 :
    ohhhh I'm sorry I did not know if we are not allowed to report basic issues we face and these are not just on one single app .. there are apparently that crash, and I felt like reporting it and wait for a responsible response and not a community comment war or something.
    I just trust OnePlus to fix these issues ..

9. daster_x Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

daster_x, Dec 12, 2018 :
    are you sure you checked the 2nd post for solutions? all questions/issues and solutions for Pie are there

10. escalasebastian Donut Dec 12, 2018

11. TsarFlow Froyo Dec 12, 2018

TsarFlow, Dec 12, 2018 :
    So tell me why you're facing the crash and not me, while we're running the same software ? Maybe didn't you do it properly and something went wrong. There are issues to be reported, and there are people doing things wrong so some apps are crashing. Just saying man, no war here. Just reacting about people who think this is OP fault if Youtube is crashing for a guy, Netflix for another...

12. SP3NGL3R Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

SP3NGL3R, Dec 12, 2018 :
    So. You've already negated all common sense by installing a Beta product without a backup. What if you forget your phone somewhere tomorrow? Will that be someone else's problem too?
    It's Beta. Not necessarily Better!
    For me. It's solid and I'm prepared any time to factory reset. Even if I have to "recover" apps. Regardless. Don't trust a solo device that you can lose/break in a heartbeat. If you are the type to demand stability, don't play with Beta or even first release of anything. Wait patiently for 6+ months for anything after it's released. Or. Be mindful your stuff can disappear at any moment.

gotshoaib likes this.
  13. MikhailTheItalian Honeycomb Dec 12, 2018

14. G_Jester_Double_qyRv Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

G_Jester_Double_qyRv, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Pie is installed and i have this view on my Oneplus 5. Others with Pie and OP5 have got the new Pie View. Cache Wipe and some reboots i have made.
    My question: What about with you?

Attached Files:

15. jazzyjff Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

jazzyjff, Dec 12, 2018 :
    My garmin is doing the exact same thing. Just wiped device and will retry once app installs.

FlorisW243 likes this.
  16. asdeepak Donut Dec 12, 2018

asdeepak, Dec 12, 2018 :
    I have been using the rom for a few days now... I think the Rom is over hyped... I can't say for others but for me as a person who loves photography on the go. after testing your camera in the beta 20 I realised that you guys have gone in reverse as far as the image quality is concerned.
    pics are now noisier, lack detail and look pastel. though on the beta 19 the stock results were similar... but there were tweeks that could be applied to it like Magisk Module to fix camera library and add pixel color profile to it bringing the camera quality to nearly at par with flagships like Samsung note 8 ... well nearly.
    But in the pie.. we can't do it.
    secondly before we had the choice to use different modes like HDR, Auto or hi resolution.. now we don't.
    I must advise you that camera is a big factor when one buys a phone. and if the company doesn't come back and fix issues, or provide solutions ... customer refrains from buying the next model knowing you won't fix the issues...
    so just because I loved the photo quality with the Oreo... I have downgraded to it once more. and feel that Pie at this stage is for newbies who love playing with their tech more than making use of it.
    Also I notice that you have added some sort of image enhancement process Into the image processing, but as a result, it takes longer now from clicking an image to opening it to view especially in portrait mode. it takes at least a few seconds to process the image and yet the blur is not blurred enough.
    come on man, Never Settle... and yet we are.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018

the_reckoner and Estate72 like this.
  17. jazzyjff Gingerbread Dec 12, 2018

jazzyjff, Dec 12, 2018 :
    I haven't notice that yet, but I can't get visial voicemail on T-Mobile, can you?

rantlers62 likes this.
  18. notsopatel Donut Dec 12, 2018

notsopatel, Dec 12, 2018 :
    no Netflix issues.
    one being the camera shutter sound still going off and the mic won't work when using a headphone, be it on a game or an app, or even the default recording app.
    it shows the "recording failed, as recording may be in use by other application"

19. akshatsinghal Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

20. TsarFlow Froyo Dec 12, 2018

TsarFlow, Dec 12, 2018 :
    Then it's ok for me. I wondered why you got triggered if you're really facing true issues and not some that are due to some dirty flash thing.