OxygenOS Open Beta 23 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 21 for OnePlus 5T

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Dec 18, 2018

Manu J. , Dec 18, 2018 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.

Changelog
    • System
      • Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
      • Fixed issues with custom accent color not getting applied every second try
      • Optimizations for Face Unlock
    • Launcher
      • Fixed UI issues with scroller in the app drawer
      • Improved color adaptation for the navigation bar

Please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums.

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters with the community App.

To submit a new bug report

Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (for example, network drops:
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page here
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Never Settle.

2. sam311
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2018

3. Kacey_Howell
    Donut Dec 19, 2018

Kacey_Howell , Dec 19, 2018 :
    In the post you say Moving back to the Offical OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash. Is there a link or something where I can go to figure out how to do this on my OnePlus 5? I cannot seem to find any information on how to do this and what information there is, is either incomplete or just incorrect. Thanks.

I like the beta, but there are just too many bugs for me. My phone has become a little too unreliable right now.

4. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 19, 2018

Punk_69 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    All you gotta do is,
    Download the official build (non beta)
    Backup all your phone data
    Install the official build
    Full factory reset

5. deviantartjr
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2018

6. tuxedoknight
    Eclair Dec 19, 2018

7. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Dec 19, 2018

8. Harshag11
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

Harshag11 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    The build looks great, if no major issues should be ready for prime time.

Navigation gestures have been optimised, no scrolling effect when i open from home screen.
    Excessive padding at left and right of status bar have been removed.
    Overall animations are fluid now, didn't notice any frame drops like OB 20.
    Looks like Play Store is certified

9. joncharmed93
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

joncharmed93 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    Anyone have issues where the phone keeps asking for pin after an hour of being asleep. It's supposed to only happen after 72hrs, but for me its happening every hour after update.

10. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2018

sachkharb , Dec 19, 2018 :
    wooo..wooo... another beta.. looks like OP is serious to bring us stable very soon

11. Kacey_Howell
    Donut Dec 19, 2018

Kacey_Howell , Dec 19, 2018 :
    I had that issuetoo, as well as my Mobile Data would stop working. I had to drive to a place I had never been too yesterday so naturally, i used GPS on my phone, but my data stopped working suddenly and would not recalculate routes are anything.

12. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2018

13. X1512964625366
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  14. X1512964625366
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

15. DexXOnePlus
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

TheRealGamer and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  16. gopalan_md19
    Froyo Dec 19, 2018

gopalan_md19 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    when I just tried to install via OTA the OB 23 failed to install. did anyone get the same issue?

U1518592089993 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  17. sharadksingh
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  18. SP3NGL3R
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

SP3NGL3R , Dec 19, 2018 :
    I had TWRP and it failed on my 5T. I installed the Stock Recovery (subtle link on the support page for your phone, look for an MD5 hash). Once I flashed stock recovery, rebooted and did OTA again for success

19. J1517622958450
    Donut Dec 19, 2018

J1517622958450 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    I had the same data issue today. I noticed it happening after the update. My apps are also much more laggy, the brightness is lower, the alert slider takes about 2 seconds to actually vibrate and say which mode I'm in as well. Hopefully this is fixed in the next updates

20. zer0se7en
    Honeycomb Dec 19, 2018