Great bro enjoy

3. MrTalon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 23, 2018

MrTalon , Dec 23, 2018 :
    clear cache and it will be fixed.

4. Hudster2001
    Froyo Dec 23, 2018

Hudster2001 , Dec 23, 2018 :
    no it won't. I'm getting random reboots, I've cleared cache, also tried fresh install, clearing system and cache and it still reboots. if you haven't updated, best to wait till the next version.

sandeep104701 and Dhineshkaran like this.
  5. Dhineshkaran
    Eclair Dec 23, 2018

Dhineshkaran , Dec 23, 2018 :

Hudster2001

no it won't. I'm getting random reboots, I've cleared cache, also tried fresh install, clearing system and cache and it still reboots. if you haven't updated, best to wait till the next version.​

but am on latest ob

6. Sid_Ck

Sid_Ck , Dec 23, 2018 :
    ok bye! None asked

S1520830614245 and Sam Nakamura like this.
  7. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2018

PokiX , Dec 23, 2018 :
    That's a bit weird, I tried to reproduce the bug doing the same again: reverting to stock recovery, wiped everything incl userdata.
    Installed again full image by sideloading.
    No more reboots.
    Problem is that google also updates its apps (and even changes settings remotely) and could be that something changed.
    I bet if you do it again, it will work.
    That's a workaround, this shouldn't be needed though but.. it works here™

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  8. paliyoes
    Eclair Dec 23, 2018

paliyoes , Dec 23, 2018 :
    any news on having ok Google while the screen is off like it's currently working for one plus 6t?

9. azlan0116
    Donut Dec 23, 2018

10. borft
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2018

borft , Dec 23, 2018 :
    did you read anything?

11. zer0se7en

zer0se7en , Dec 23, 2018 :
    You guys totally did not get what I meant. I said I really don't know if I just did something right. But I do not think its a matter of luck why I do not experience these issues.

There are many factors to consider that I would've done right which I cannot pinpoint. One thing I know, I always sideload to update ever since Nexus days. Since Nexus 5 Kitkat.

And yes, I've been on beta 1 for 5T too. And OnePlusX betas etc...

I almost never use Local update method. JUST adb sideload method. Why someone may ask... because I feel like flashing via computer is still the best method to thoroughly force the new System files and properties. That's just me.

I am not saying user error means I am smarter than anyone, jeez... it just means there may be some files, apps, settings thats been conflicting with how the Pie update behaves that the user may have no idea that it does.

We the user use the device. We observe, we arrange and tweak with system settings. So if something goes wrong, should the manufacturer be the one to blame on that part? I don't think so. It's us. We, the users. Thus, it's called user error.

By the way, my 5T is already bootloader unlocked since day 1. And now rooted again.

If someone needs the way I update I would gladly help via PM. I don't see the point of posting it here as it will just get ignored after so many new posts. Only problem is I use a Macbook Pro for doing all the flashing.

bgpancha likes this.
  12. zer0se7en

zer0se7en , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Actually, it's the other way around. Most users that do not even have an unlocked bootloader are the ones having problems.

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  13. bgpancha
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

bgpancha , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Definitely Bro I agree with most of the things you said, But not everyone will have access to PC all the time, and don't know whom to ask personally, Yes I hate comments like this "random bug fix ASAP" without providing proper details or keep pestering with same thing over and over (it makes hard to follow thread, I can't imagine what mods will have to go through)... And OnePlus need to update community app with more filters so that we can find specific word from particular thread so that would be more helpful (Suggested in their recent survey)....

Sam Nakamura and zer0se7en like this.
  14. bgpancha
    Gingerbread Dec 23, 2018

bgpancha , Dec 23, 2018 :
    And yes some settings might mess the device with updates, that's why if you can't find it a clean flash should help in solving any user errors....

zer0se7en likes this.
  15. Ortizalx
    Froyo Dec 23, 2018

Ortizalx , Dec 23, 2018 :
    Since i've installed OB21 i cant download apps from Google Play (they get stucked) and I cant root via Magisk. Any solution?

16. Sunil0217
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2018

17. Sunil0217
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2018

18. jainhardik0311
    Eclair Dec 23, 2018

19. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Dec 23, 2018

20. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Dec 23, 2018

PokiX , Dec 23, 2018 :

jainhardik0311

In pie, whenever my Bluetooth is turned on , i cant see bluetooth symbol in my status bar​

This is expected on Android Pie and not limited to OP. It will only show when paired to a device.