OxygenOS Open Beta 24 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 22 for OnePlus 5T

1. Le_zOU
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

Le_zOU , Jan 4, 2019 :
    my mistake was pointed out to me so I edited my post.

To my defense he wrote 5f not 5T :)

2. G_Bîrgăuanu_Florin_wxgL
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

G_Bîrgăuanu_Florin_wxgL , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Or you can use any VON and download the 9.0 update from Canada or India or Germany. I see no reason to complain.

3. Berthrandir_Mravec
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

4. wahaz
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2019

wahaz , Jan 4, 2019 :
    No you can't. If you're happy with a buggy update that even OnePlus decided needed urgent fixing to 9.0.1, you're welcome.

For everyone still waiting for a Pie OTA on the back the promise made last year, there is every reason to complain.

5. Le_zOU
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

Le_zOU , Jan 4, 2019 :

FYI, just booted in recovery and flashed OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_042_all_1812232102_a034988b.zip
    No factory reset necessary.
    Oxygen Updater found the 9.0.1 update immediatly too, so will upgrade to that :)

6. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2019

redlinecoatings , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Everyone NEEDED the update so bad that they were basically crying like little children. So the only ones to blame for a buggy update is them, or yourself. I still cannot find where they "promised" you'd have the update before end of 2018. Promises and statements are not the same. But you complainers will find absolutely anything to complain about. If your not happy with the update frequency then move along.

Mr_Cyrox and Le_zOU like this.
  7. wahaz
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2019

wahaz , Jan 4, 2019 :
    So you want to blame the community for a buggy OnePlus update?

In light of that pathetic claim, there's no point replying to the rest of your comments.

8. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2019

redlinecoatings , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Your right, there's is no point in you replying. To anything.
    The pathetic thing here is people implying they promised you something. The only thing promised was you'd get 9.0, not when.

And if you think a major software version update would be bug free then this must be your first smartphone.

9. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 4, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 4, 2019 :
    It is partially community fault (mostly Cupcakes)
    Almost on every corner was spamed "where is Pie?" "OMG still no Pie? Lost a customer" "No Pie? I thought OnePlus was good with software updates" etc...
    They even had to work overtime just to get "stable" Pie out!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX , Jan 4, 2019 :
    If they listen to forum cupcakes to do their delivery planning and cut on testing, that's a bit scary.
    I don't think so.
    Anyway, there are a few bugs, as expected (first releases) but overall the experience is great for most users.

Le_zOU likes this.
  11. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 4, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Well the entire forum was a crybaby f*ckfest so...
    There is still blame on the community in one regard :rolleyes:

Yeah I never expect a bug free first releases :)

12. wahaz
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2019

wahaz , Jan 4, 2019 :
    I doubt forum traffic can ever be attributed to crap code. I know you don't like talking about software lifecycles, but can you really justify improper development and testing because of forum comments? I had a Motorola before and they took their time with updates but they nailed it. I had zero bugs with major OS increments.

I hate the spam too but a 60 second update to a thread or two could have sorted alot of that. "Pie is delayed, New Pie ETA, Update in development" literally a few words to let the community know what was going on is all it takes.

All we ever get is a OS number and a staged rollout warning. How about a "Notice: unexpected bugs encountered. Rollout halted and new update in development. ETA 1-2 weeks." Cupcakes silenced.

13. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX , Jan 4, 2019 :
    I agree forum is lagging behind on communication. For sure, quality of code has nothing to do with customer forum.
    And I still maintain that Pie is working rather good. There are a few bugs but not much.

14. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 4, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 4, 2019 :
    I agree with your post but you forgot one big detail...
    Cupcakes never read!

15. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2019

PokiX , Jan 4, 2019 :
    So, let's close the forum to get better releases?

16. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 4, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Yeah sure I think that will be more productive :p

17. wahaz
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2019

wahaz , Jan 4, 2019 :
    I agree with that too, to an extent lol. I hope they manage to read opening post at least which is the only one that needs updating.

If I had to provide a neutral argument I would say cupcakes are new and their only source of authentic update information is official threads on community. The quality of which imply they should have got 9.0.0 a few days after Christmas, they should get 9.0.0 and then 9.0.1, and that 9.0.1 does not contain Pie but just a few system bug fixes etc.

Just really poor comms from them tbh

18. ju57_74zz
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2019

ju57_74zz , Jan 4, 2019 :
    " System
    Fixed random audio tuner crashes"

This fix means oneplus team disabled bluetooth audio tuner in this release?
    It used to work on previous versions and it makes a great difference when I select oneplus wireless bullets from menu, even if don't change the audio equalizer itself.
    Now I can't enable it when play music on my wireless bullets..

My question is if this was a decision or is a bug and I should go to bug hunter team?

19. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 4, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 4, 2019 :
    The bug was about crashing if a user updated from OB 20/22 to OB 21/23 and didn't perform a factory reset as the dirac APP data was conflicting with the OB 21/22 updated dirac APP data..
    This has nothing to do with wireless earphones/headphones...

You could use Audio Tuner with wireless earphones/headphones on OB 20/22 (First Pie Beta) because of a bug/oversight but it did nothing (well didn't notice any difference no matter what I did with Audio Tuner)...
    On OB 21/23 this was fixed and Apple AirPods preset was removed (hence the crashing which was fixed in this build [OB 22/24])

ju57_74zz likes this.
  20. P1543036628477
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019