1. viva_la_tko
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2019

viva_la_tko , Aug 10, 2019 :
    1565451258407.jpg
    that's what im talking about

2. prakash_diwakar
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2019

prakash_diwakar , Aug 10, 2019 :
    Same issue i am also facing, even after reset device still its happening. I finally revert back to stable.

S1512033623732 likes this.
  3. jvangat17
    Donut Aug 10, 2019

jvangat17 , Aug 10, 2019 :

DroidOnePlus

I'm little confused over a small problem. I'm currently on beta 24. can I use oneplus 6 rollback package from here (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/android-q-developer-preview-3-for-oneplus-6-and-6t.1076551/) to go back to stable mp builds...?​

yes you can use the rollback package, i just also roll back as I only tried OB because of fntic mode and it is now release on the official build, and OB24 has too much bug currently (submitted the bug I found on the feedback with some troubleshooting steps before I rollback)

but take note, it will erase all of the contents of the phone.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 10, 2019

B_Wrath , Aug 10, 2019 :
    It's very sad to see the average IQ level in the open beta threads dropping so low. I only see a handful of competent beta testers like @ironass @Yannis Neris @Kytharsis @Adex0ne here nowadays. All the other ones have even stopped being around because of all the nonsense which is going around here.

This space used to have many awesome discussions and thought provoking debates. These threads actually helped shape the oxygen OS.

But all I see nowadays is a lot of idiotic crybabies here on these threads. All I see is ignorant brats demanding things on stable or beta builds, when stable posts and morons in the name of "beta testers" who whine about issues!

You idiots, as beta testers are supposed to find out the cause of the issue and try to eliminate it on your own! You are supposed to provide a proper feedback with possible solutions using the bloody feedback tool! You are not supposed to be ignorant entitled brats demanding solution "asap"!

One more concern plaguing these threads these days is the lev of ignorance and aversion towards reading before posting. If you are anywhere close to being a competent beta tester, you are supposed to read before posting the bloody same thing which has been posted a 100 times before!

Beta testing is for you, if:
    1. You are competent enough to test the software, find out glitches, and workout possible solutions.
    2. You read the thread before posting!
    3. At least you are competent enough to rollback if you are faced with severe bugs.

Don't call yourself a beta tester, if:
    1. All you care about is latest features.
    2. All you care about is a stupid bump in the software version number.
    3. You can't even read the bloody thread.
    4. You can't even figure out basic troubleshooting steps.
    5. If you feel like an entitled brat.
    6. All you can do is whine here if you face even a very small issue.
    If you fall in one of the above 6 categories, you better stick with stable build and let the competent people handle beta.

I know I'll be warned or banned for this rant post, but it had to be said. These threads have gone to garbage and the whole beta testing has become mockery.

@ironass @Adex0ne I really appreciate the patience you guys are showing here in helping out the idiots, but honestly, I don't see you guys sticking around here for long of this madness continues. I have stopped being around here too.

All I hope is, this situation improves and this space will be as awesome as before, or at least try to be a decent one.

Aasim K, HarryRag, FaleshC and 10 others like this.
  5. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 10, 2019

Artemus. , Aug 10, 2019 :
    For the record, I'm not a beta user. I just like commenting/answering the same questions. ;)

ironass likes this.
  6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 10, 2019

B_Wrath , Aug 10, 2019 :
    You'll at least make a competent beta tester. That's all that matters.

ironass and Artemus. like this.
  7. Niklasg85
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2019

Niklasg85 , Aug 10, 2019 :
    B_Wrath

It's very sad to see the average IQ level in the open beta threads dropping so low. I only see a handful of competent beta testers like @ironass @Yannis Neris @Kytharsis @Adex0ne here nowadays. All the other ones have even stopped being around because of all the nonsense which is going around here.

This space used to have many awesome discussions and thought provoking debates. These threads actually helped shape the oxygen OS.

But all I see nowadays is a lot of idiotic crybabies here on these threads. All I see is ignorant brats demanding things on stable or beta builds, when stable posts and morons in the name of "beta testers" who whine about issues!

You idiots, as beta testers are supposed to find out the cause of the issue and try to eliminate it on your own! You are supposed to provide a proper feedback with possible solutions using the bloody feedback tool! You are not supposed to be ignorant entitled brats demanding solution "asap"!

One more concern plaguing these threads these days is the lev of ignorance and aversion towards reading before posting. If you are anywhere close to being a competent beta tester, you are supposed to read before posting the bloody same thing which has been posted a 100 times before!

1. You are competent enough to test the software, find out glitches, and workout possible solutions.
    3. At least you are competent enough to rollback if you are faced with severe bugs.

If you fall in one of the above 6 categories, you better stick with stable build and let the competent people handle beta.

I know I'll be warned or banned for this rant post, but it had to be said. These threads have gone to garbage and the whole beta testing has become mockery.

@ironass @Adex0ne I really appreciate the patience you guys are showing here in helping out the idiots, but honestly, I don't see you guys sticking around here for long of this madness continues. I have stopped being around here too.

All I hope is, this situation improves and this space will be as awesome as before, or at least try to be a decent one.

It's very sad that you have to crate a post like this, I fully understand. As one defence for all the incompetent people in this forum is that you, especially you of all people most of the times answer in an angry way..

I work as a It architecture (worked from the bottom to the "top", support technician to a chief position) for my living and I understand that some people just want quick fixes and doesn't bother to think for themselves..... please be patience.. Maybe one solution could be that they have a semi beta channel.

Iam coming from the Apple family, iPad, iPhones and appletv's....

Now IAM all in on android, but that's not because great software it's because of OnePlus and this forum and that OnePlus regularly responds and acts on user problems, because this should be one of the main focus of ther company.... USER DRIVEN! And it seems to be that way....

So please be positive!!

keep up the great work @OnePlus....

and for you people that doesn't report your problems as feedback in the tool, please consider to do it! constructed feedback is also good feedback!

PatrickNL likes this.
  8. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 10, 2019

ironass , Aug 10, 2019 :
    I wholeheartedly agree with every word you have posted @B_Wrath. I could not have put it better myself.

More and more, I find myself being drawn to @Funk Wizard's thread over on the xda developers forum because that is where the grownups hang out.

The inability of some, so-called, beta testers to read and research is astounding. We should not be spending our time on this section of the forum, spoon feeding noobs.

Like yourself, I have become disillusioned by the complete incompetence of those that just see Open Beta as the latest, "Precious", to have. They demand to be spoon fed onto it and then, to be spoon fed off of it. All of this without contributing or supplying OnePlus with feedback and suggestions. They are just leeches.

I too, hope that the situation will change on Open Beta for OnePlus' and the users sakes.

9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 10, 2019

B_Wrath , Aug 10, 2019 :
    I only reply rudely to people who feel entitled or ignorant.
    That's completely understandable in the stable thread. This is the beta thread, where people are expected to be competent enough to research about their issues and not expect quick fixes.
    I used to be. When I was relatively new on the forums, I really hoped that the situation will change. I still hope. But sometimes, you need to realize the reality.

Niklasg85 and ironass like this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 10, 2019

B_Wrath , Aug 10, 2019 :
    You summed it up with these words.
    I still like oneplus forums. The admin, staff and the lovely people are way better than the one on xda. It's just that the situation these days is worsening.

Anyways, I'm going to stop taking this thread anymore off topic. I don't think I'll be visiting much anymore. I have had enough.
    Have a beer or a drink on my name! :)

11. ironass
    Lollipop Aug 10, 2019

B_Wrath likes this.
  12. Allstar12345
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2019

Allstar12345 , Aug 10, 2019 :
    Is it me or is the OS been rather aggressive with closing background apps?

I've had to turn optimisation off for a couple of Apps because it kept closing them (pausing YouTube Music & switching closed it)

13. Adex0ne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2019

Adex0ne , Aug 10, 2019 :

B_Wrath

All I hope is, this situation improves and this space will be as awesome as before, or at least try to be a decent one.​

You nailed it, I tend to stay off the thread too cos all I see are users who ain't ready to ready not knowing no one person works for OnePlus rather we all tend to learn one or two things with our device most especially on beta version of OOS, to see if there are glitches and bugs to report using the right tool, the FEEDBACK TOOL, this report I believe are reproduced in OnePlus bug hunting centre and the get fixed , that's the essence of beta, for a novice , you just need to stick to stable and not because of features out yourself in an unwanted condition .

I hope a better change comes , so we all have great and intelligent discussions that will be great improvement to OOS and the community in general.

We will still try our best as usual to help others but we want people who understand the basis of beta so we can have better reasoning.

@B_Wrath @ironass @Kytharsis, I see you all, wink

B_Wrath, rhyd1am, AarKay2311 and 2 others like this.
  14. chazey2
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2019

chazey2 , Aug 10, 2019 :
    Agree, I just come to be sarcastic now. Really cannot be bothered with the forum for any other purpose. But I guess that's OPlus marketing make it available to the masses by price point.

ironass, ade0410 and B_Wrath like this.
  15. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2019

rhyd1am , Aug 11, 2019 :
    There are plenty of competent people here. However I suspect unfortunately an awful lot of the people who used spend a lot of time here (myself included), have got so sick of dealing with the constant toxicity and crying, that they tend to just check in once or twice a day now and remain largely quiet.

I personally still do my part in the beta testing (reporting bugs, troubleshooting my own issues etc). It's just that I choose to do it largely silently these days.

I pretty much am in complete agreement with your post though!

ultimate_one, Aasim K, KishD and 4 others like this.
  16. S.N.O.W
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2019

G_Aaraiz_Saeed_Tzrx likes this.
  17. S.N.O.W
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2019

18. FaleshC
    KitKat Aug 11, 2019

FaleshC , Aug 11, 2019 :
    couldn't agree more!!
    i sidelined myself from the community, there are alot of toxicity in the community nowadays.
    can't even sort out the genuine issues faced by some users.
    beta test has become sort of joke due to some people who can't search and read and yet have audacity to yell at people who try to point their mistake.
    and who could forget some thick skulled users who keep creating same stupid threads time and again...

I would like to thank all those who still try their best to help out a fellow user in this toxic community.
    and hope things be better in coming days.

mayrsona, For Athena, B_Wrath and 4 others like this.
  19. G_Aaraiz_Saeed_Tzrx
    Froyo Aug 11, 2019

20. G_Aaraiz_Saeed_Tzrx
    Froyo Aug 11, 2019