OxygenOS Open Beta 24 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 6T

1. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

Sujay Kamath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    why we have to wait so much for Android 10 OnePlus 6t
    is just 1year old my brother's pixel 2xl got the update and it's 2years old what's up with OnePlus I think it's time to move to pixel for me I have to consider it.

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  2. Deepja
    Cupcake Sep 4, 2019

Deepja , Sep 4, 2019 :
    My phone felt slow-er. General app scrolling, app openings. Feels faster than the last beta.

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  3. pastalex42
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

pastalex42 , Sep 4, 2019 :
    Dude, 10 came out TODAY. Day-1 updates will only come to Pixel and Essential. OnePlus is one of the best companies about fast updates, but if you want day-1, it's basically Pixel or bust. Google and Apple are the only companies that can do that, since they actually make the software. If you haven't noticed, your phone and your brother's Pixel don't run the same Android. OnePlus needs time to make the Oxygen OS tweaks to their software, and they tend to be really quick about it. If "really quick about it" isn't enough for you, get a Pixel.

4. FeliNokasin
    Eclair Sep 4, 2019

5. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

OnePlus just wants me to go spend big money and buy OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro why they stopped OnePlus 6t android 10 Dev preview after beta 3 and OnePlus 7 Pro which had to catch up earlier got till beta 5?

W1547381086473 and Maverick2.0 like this.
  6. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Sep 4, 2019

FeliNokasin and B_Wrath like this.
  7. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2019

NodePoint , Sep 4, 2019 :
    The Pixel is from Google, not OnePlus. Pixel devices get the updates directly from Google right away. The Essential phone counts too.
    OnePlus needs to add in their own features, optimisations, modifications and fixes. They will continue to do so during the Android 10 open beta to smooth it out.
    That said, please be patient. OnePlus is very speedy with updates compared to many other OEMs. Google's efforts does improve how fast major updates can be put together, so it might arrive faster than expected.. just don't expect everything to be as smoothed out as the Pixel devices yet.

Deepja likes this.
  8. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

OnePlus just wants me to go spend big money and buy OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro why they stopped OnePlus 6t android 10 Dev preview after beta 3 and OnePlus 7 Pro which had to catch up earlier got till beta 5?

9. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    OB24 thread is pinned in the OP6/T forum. It's not that difficult to find.

10. FeliNokasin
    Eclair Sep 4, 2019

FeliNokasin , Sep 4, 2019 :
    Sorry I meant beta 25

11. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Sep 4, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Sep 4, 2019 :
    This is what I assumed, but @B_Wrath is correct. We all are discussing in the last OB thread.

B_Wrath likes this.
  12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    This.

13. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

then they can just give me my beta 5 why the suddenly stoped it and continued with 7and7pro it's just because they want more money and want me to upgrade.

14. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    Because that's how phone industry works. Newer models get more attention. Just wait.

15. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2019

They are going to focus more on their newer devices. That's a given. There is only so much resources. 10 is coming. We would prefer for the first android 10 open beta to be at least daily driver ready, after all.

16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

17. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

that's what I am saying this is what you get for buying a OnePlus I have wasted my money on this phone some people are telling me in this thread like just go and buy a pixel if you don't want OnePlus like they are justifying OnePlus for there money hungry nature sick.

18. Sujay Kamath
    Froyo Sep 4, 2019

I am sorry cause I got frustrated and forgot that it's a beta thread so let's just talk about beta testing my bad.

19. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 4, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 4, 2019 :
    What they are saying is true. You wanted the updates the moment Google releases it, you have to buy a pixel. Any other manufacturer, you have to wait.
    No other manufacturer has officially released Android 10 for any of their phones. Oneplus did it for the 7 series through open beta. So that's pretty quick.
    You'll also get the 10 open beta shortly looking by the changelog for OB25.

Sujay Kamath likes this.
  20. NodePoint
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2019

So.. you would rather not wait just a few days to a few weeks for an update that can take many months to over a year for some OEMs to put out?
    If you want official Android updates right away, Google's Pixel line-up would've been the best option in your case. But if you want nice customisation, features and good performance optimisations, you will have to wait a little longer.

Sujay Kamath and pastalex42 like this.