OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 6T

1. griffogriffo
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2019

griffogriffo , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Imagine you are using Chrome to browse the web. You want to type in an address so you tap on the address bar. The keyboard pops up, you start typing, but no characters appear anywhere. You can close the page, tap elsewhere in the app, do anything you want, but nothing will get the keyboard to "work" until you close that app and re-launch it.
    It happens randomly with any app that you want to type text into. It happens several times a day.

I'm using the standard Gboard keyboard that comes with the OS.

WAP_Rulz and vamshi prasad like this.
  2. vamshi prasad
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2019

vamshi prasad , Oct 9, 2019 :
    I see. did you try uninstalling Gboard, and using AOSP, and then installing Gboard once more?
    That might work out.

3. reckenrode
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2019

vigneshmiller likes this.
  4. Bghyt , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 9, 2019 :
    the reason why we haven't got the beta of android 10 yet it because it's probably bricking devices in the closed beta/ internal testing. before releasing it to open beta it must not brick out devices so have a little patience and thank them that they didn't release it already and leave you with a very expensive brick

pastalex42 likes this.
  5. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Saidinho84

i need android 10. Battery life sucks in this beta.

TO be honest the battery life is the best it's ever been on this beta on my 6T. Getting between 7 and 9 hours SOT depending on what's being used. Never runs out within the day, usually between 25% and 35% battery left.

Maybe you have certain apps that are over using your battery. You can check your usage totals too see which apps are using battery by percentage. You can Restrict or Force stop those with increased battery usage.

You will not be guaranteed that Android 10 will be better or worse than current version.

You can also go back to stable Pie if you are still having battery issues
    1570622239037.jpg

6. Saidinho84
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

Saidinho84 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 9, 2019 :

Caomhin

TO be honest the battery life is the best it's ever been on this beta on my 6T. Getting between 7 and 9 hours SOT depending on what's being used. Never runs out within the day, usually between 25% and 35% battery left.

Maybe you have certain apps that are over using your battery. You can check your usage totals too see which apps are using battery by percentage. You can Force stop those with increased battery usage.
    View attachment 1149353

i have OnePlus 6. Also two colleagues with me have OnePlus 6 and also the same battery drain

7. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 9, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Got a screenshot?

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 9, 2019 :

Saidinho84

i have OnePlus 6. Also two colleagues with me have OnePlus 6 and also the same battery drain

Again check for high usage battery apps on the Beta Pie battery usage, restrict or force stop them and if still draining after a period of time, try going back to stable.

I find Greenify app great for shutting down apps. Also Fast Task killer after running Greenify to free up memory. I run it about once per day, either morning or evening. Closing down apps that I may not use daily, leaving memory free for apps you will use. Try it for a week, see if it improves any.

9. Saidinho84
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

Saidinho84 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 9, 2019 :
    the problem is i dont want to use apps to clear my memory. i have 8gb ram memory come one the phone can handle it. I want OnePlus to fix those issues. A phone with allot of Memory and still need to use third party tools. I also looked at apps that are draining. But again if you pay for a full priced phone this must not be an issue.

10. Saidinho84
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

11. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 9, 2019

pablofg1978 , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Then you should use the bug report function to submit your issues directly to OnePlus as it is explained in the first post. You didn't submitted any report so far...

Georgeoneplus7pro and Caomhin like this.
  12. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Try clearing Gboard cache and also Chrome cache. Only clear Data if you really need to

Also try something like SwiftKey and see if that gives the same issue. If not then you may need to uninstall and reinstall Gboard.

You. An also try Gboard bete here

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

13. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 9, 2019 :
    This is Beta software that you are effectively testing, and it may have glitches. Personally I don't have the glitches you mention, whether I run the Greenify or the task killer or not, it's just for my own use.

In order to test software you need to be a little proactive and try different apps to see what can possibly resolve an issue. If you don't want to do that, you may be better off on the Stable version.

pablofg1978 likes this.
  14. AstroBoy89
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2019

AstroBoy89 , Oct 9, 2019 :

ade0410

You're asking if DC Dimming is causing it.
    Have you turned it off? If so, does it still do it then?

I've not experienced anything like this, ever, and I've never used DC Dimming.​

Turned DC dimming off and still getting issue. It randomly strated doing it after already having the beta.....sigh this beta not be what I think it is....a manufacturer defect....honestly....OnePlus is not what it used to be and releasing two phones a year seems to be putting to much of a strain on reasources and their priorities become like every "normal" manufacturer....their latest phones and profit....no longer never settle in my eyes....

owngaurav likes this.
  15. Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Oct 9, 2019 :
    Maybe submit a bug report as per the 1st post. And also try Stable version to see if it is replicated. If not then you can confirm it as a Beta issue.

16. Saidinho84 and Kytharsis like this.
  17. ramchek
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

ramchek , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2019 :
    oneplus releases 4 phones per yaer now, not 2 [e]1f609[/e]

18. Saidinho84
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

Caomhin likes this.
  19. AstroBoy89
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2019

AstroBoy89 , Oct 9, 2019 :
    So let me clarify. Two series per year. I wasn't quantifying between the pro and non pro. It will be the standard numerical series followed by the T variant later in the year smartass ;)

20. ramchek
    Froyo Oct 9, 2019

ramchek , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2019 :
    But there are some difference in software between pro and non-pro