OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for the OnePlus 6 and Open Beta 17 for OnePlus 6T

1. dermot33
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

dermot33 , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Quality Assurance,basically bugs that are a show stopper,
    .Software and programming is complex and they need time to fix and test it

G_Gokula_Krishnan and JelleZon like this.
  2. anoojlal_rb
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

anoojlal_rb , Sep 29, 2019 :
    man this update is completely shit each and every app is lagging takes a lot more time to open even the smallest of the apps are lagging frequent app crashes it's time they push the beta 26 out it's already the end of the month make it asap OnePlus

3. lalitpnl16
    Froyo Sep 29, 2019

MarcoV1+, Pacomdta, Vexter96 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mart4rt
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

Mart4rt , Sep 29, 2019 :
    My battery is horrible now on my OP6 after this update. Just waiting on the new update.

ayushj98 and sutanshu like this.
  5. Ali Muhammadx
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2019

Ali Muhammadx , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    they never told me troubleshooting & you saying They don't work on single issues immediately. If a issue is wide spread, those get priority.i got volte issue on Samsung S8+ when it come out & i reported to Samsung & they pushed an update in 2 days to fix it & volte start working after update when device rebooted.even they replied me back we will push an update in 2 days to fix it.

for Samsung its a single & small issue but they fixed it in 2 days OnePlus took 12 months & never replied even a reply do matter.

6. Ali Muhammadx
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2019

Xiaomi have bigger & better developers team so they give better support to there customers even they pushed Android 10 same day as Google release it.

7. ade0410
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2019

ade0410 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Yeah, they've really failed hard haven't they!!?
    They were releasing beta updates about every 2 weeks or so.
    With Android 10 looming they've slowed down until it starts again.

People all love it when they're getting 2 updates a month but as soon as there's a glitch you all just forget about it don't you? Pathetic.

8. chandanamhara
    Froyo Sep 29, 2019

chandanamhara , Sep 29, 2019 :
    2 beta update per month and still waiting for camera update to use it full potential ! Yes we got zen mode [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

shifaumar421 and Mbahmu like this.
  9. chandanamhara
    Froyo Sep 29, 2019

chandanamhara , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Yes , most of people here don't know bcoz they are users not devlopers and they choosen OP for never settle but OP is settled with their new products .

Pranav Tyagi likes this.
  10. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 29, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 29, 2019 :
    This is definitely on the network side. I too had the same issue. They kept telling me it was oneplus issue. But when I sent a mail blasting the network service and threatened them of moving to another, by some miracle, it started working on my phone without any software patch from OnePlus.
    I honestly don't have this issue with advanced battery optimizations and sleep standby turned on. Maybe put whatsapp under don't optimize list. And it whatsapp is too crucial and app for you, you can lock it in the recent menu and it will never be force closed.
    Don't even talk about Samsung. I have had terrible experience with Samsung phones and their service is pathetic.
    Maybe your issue was widespread and you didn't know it. And coincidentally, they patched it up a couple of days since your complaint.
    You got to be kidding me. Oneplus had open beta some OP3. And Xiaomi had to publication admit that it is closing is open beta since July 1st, 2019 due to lack of proper feedbacks.
    Source: http://c.mi.com/thread-2231945-1-0.html

But seeing the level of discussions here on the beta thread by the fellow spammers, I guess even oneplus has to shut down this program. All are here just to whine and never provide a proper feedback.
    Wrong. They released a beta version to a batch of beta testers who signed up for testing it on K20 Pro, their latest flagship. Oneplus bettered it by providing an open beta to their latest flagship back then, the 7 series.

11. Pranav Tyagi likes this.
  12. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 29, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Please read the recent posts before asking the same question over and over again!

JelleZon likes this.
  13. JelleZon
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 29, 2019

JelleZon , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Quality Assurance
    So checking for bugs etc

14. Ali Muhammadx
    Honeycomb Sep 29, 2019

Volte
    my network provider is best in Kuwait so they never told lie to their customers if they have any coverage issues & not able to fix they simply said user sir you an switch to other network who have good area coverage i can link forums which open for same volte issues in kuwait all 3 major network have latest technology & 5G but only OnePlus have issue.

WhatsApp
    i putted WhatsApp in not optimization lock in recent apps everything i can find i done problem is still same.

in other things maybe i am wrong maybe my Volte issue reported by many people & got fixed in few days i also have really bad experience with Samsung but they fix things faster maybe they not fix it because i am only person who facing these problems.

so its time for me to switch because i have issues with this device.

sutanshu likes this.
  15. B_Wrath
    Nougat Sep 29, 2019

B_Wrath , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Even my network is perceived as the best in the country. But still, they screw up. Everyone is prone to screw up.
    But still, you can check once again with oneplus.
    Nobody is stopping you. You are the one who has to decide. You have the money. It's your decision on what to spend. Buy what suits your needs the best. Do a purpose research to avoid regrets later.

16. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 29, 2019

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Sep 29, 2019 :
    As you state "Similar", but not the same, there are hardware differences, coding will be unique to each model. Bugs will be different also.

Google develop android, it is then coded by the manufacturer for each individual phone model, meaning a lot of coding is required to ensure as few bugs as possible.

Happy to wait.

17. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2019

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 29, 2019 :
    WTF!!! What has your (or anyone else's) race or nationality got to do with anything at all, let alone the beta for the 6 series?

An engineer is an engineer, no matter where they're from our their race.

18. kart2424 and Pranav Tyagi like this.
  19. instarobuk
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

instarobuk , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Personally I am glad they are not releasing it with known bugs and glad that they are holding back until they have dealt with them, this shows that they are doing their job. If they did release it all that would happen on here complaint after complaint after compliant, nothing but moan, moan, moan. OP, take your time and release a beta that is worth releasing, although you will still get complaints after complaints.

20. pm_mazur
    Froyo Sep 30, 2019