OxygenOS Open Beta 26 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 24 for OnePlus 5T

1. _mujeep_rahaman
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

_mujeep_rahaman , Jan 31, 2019 :
    after the updated version my mobile is slow and the speed of my mobile is also slow sms app are very slow

H1550055583797 likes this.
  2. DogeAlpha
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2019

DogeAlpha , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Considering the 3/T will get pie (confirmed by oneplus last summer in an official post) we might receive android Q.
    But don't get yout hopes up

deviantartjr and Y1515960915765 like this.
  3. F_Aaron_Thomson_
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

F_Aaron_Thomson_ , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Where is the update I tried refreshing I haven't got any update I am still on open beta 25. Anyone please guide me here..

4. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 31, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Well you don't seem to know how to read properly
    Just go back to stable if you're able to read on how...

deviantartjr and Nikkhil like this.
  5. G_Akos_Wugj
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

G_Akos_Wugj , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Hi Everyone!

is there any option to move the status bar clock back to the right hand side?
    I really don't like that it's on the left where the notifications are. I already got used to the old position and i don't see any option for it.

6. DC11
    Eclair Jan 31, 2019

7. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Jan 31, 2019

PokiX , Jan 31, 2019 :
    No option to do that on core Android neither OxygenOS.

8. Sam Nakamura
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2019

Sam Nakamura , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Actually we should "definitely" get Q on the 5/t, considering the official update table stating that the 2 years of system updates starting with the release date of the t-models which is typically around November and Google releases Android version updates usually in August it's pretty clear that the 5/t is supposed to be getting Android Q - actually the 5t should have been released with Android O not N in first place, just like the 3t should have been released with N not M... everything else wouldn't really make sense!

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-software-maintenance-schedule.862347/

9. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2019

Jovericain , Jan 31, 2019 :
    I'm pretty confident too, because treble on the 5/5t would be no use and it would have been a waste of time for the developpers.

10. Sam Nakamura

I still believe that "treble" on the 5/t was rather intended as a PR stunt than useful feature, at least so far as P came pretty much the same time of the year O came to the 3/t the year before - so updates weren't comparably quicker just yet however I think too that Q might show the real use of project treble next year... Let's wait how the situation develops but I'm rather confident!

11. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 31, 2019

I wouldn't be so sure about that
    In my opinion OnePlus is using tremble for all it's 4 devices effectively...
    With treble you can port other ROM to an "unsupported device"
    What OnePlus could be doing to speed things up like Android Pie etc... is to port the OnePlus 6/6T ROM to OnePlus 5/5T and fix the bugs that it couses and remove some features that shouldn't be there...
    Why I'm thinking like that?
    Well there were a few hints at my theory:
    • OnePlus 5/5T had a notch setting with was an overlooked setting they forgot to remove (I saw that somewhere)
    • OnePlus 5/5T had Nightscape in the default camera but it didn't work
    • OnePlus 5/5T (in OB 22/20) had wireless Audio Tuner "support" which didn't work as it was meant for the OnePlus 6/6T
    See where I'm going with this?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019

deviantartjr and vinay 5t like this.
  12. Jovericain
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2019

Jovericain , Jan 31, 2019 :
    treble was not used for Android Phone, that's why I think this move was for what's coming next!

13. AnimatedKiller
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2019

AnimatedKiller , Jan 31, 2019 :
    I mean, thinking about Android Q now, I'm really not sure how it'll work for 5/5T.
    Android Pie has been through a lot of changes and improvements yet it couldn't be really stable so far.
    Treble support might actually help in pushing ahead different software enhancements and hopefully Q, but by that time most people would be moving on to the next generation of OnePlus.
    What I'm trying to say is, even if it's possible, it'll take a long time because Pie will go through lot of changes by this year, then OnePlus can move forward.

14. Sam Nakamura

Nah, Pie runs fine for me, no issues at all... I don't think there are general problems! Also running Q won't cause issues for the 5/t, even though not all features may be included but that's normal - remember that this device runs the same chipset as the Pixel 2 and they'll absolutely get Q too, I mean there's nothing on a technical level that hinders the update to further Android versions and official software support schedule from OnePlus speaks for itself - I can't see any reason why to interpret it other than the 5/t is getting Q, even though in a condensed format due to possible hardware limitations...

15. G_Parthesh_Jadhav_TNSs
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2019

16. wolla60
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2019

wolla60 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Habe OpenBeta 24 am 29.02. ohne Probleme auf meinem OnePlus 5T installieren können. Läuft

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  17. deviantartjr
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2019

deviantartjr , Jan 31, 2019 :
    read post 3 , there's full zip of the file

18. bala@9605
    Donut Jan 31, 2019

bala@9605 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Helo abd command i tried ..but my phone bricked fully this update ..oem unlock not enabling ..so recovery mode not coming ..first understand my situtation then you talk

19. bala@9605
    Donut Jan 31, 2019

bala@9605 , Jan 31, 2019 :
    Bro recovery mode not coming bro ...mobile fully bricked ..worst update ...service center team flash fully for free of cost ...thats one plus mistake ...open beta bugs only there we know ..but this s filly bug open beta26 ...

20. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Jan 31, 2019

And?
    There are other methods of recovering a device...
    Sure you can blame OnePlus see if I care...
    But you accepted the risks of joining the Open Beta path and trusted it to not show major issues... That was a mistake you made...