OxygenOS Open Beta 26 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 24 for OnePlus 5T

1. HalCapone Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

HalCapone, Feb 19, 2019 :
    I really don't understand half the problem people face. I have never had any problem when updating and my phone runs smooth as anything.Part from the poor camera i'm happy with the 5t

2. vinz_uk80 Gingerbread Feb 19, 2019

vinz_uk80, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Yes, me too with my OP5, really happy with this phone, great battery life since Pie, no issue at all, my device is running smooth as silk, I'm under OB24, did not restart the phone since 34 days now, and no stutter, really fast device.

The camera could be better of course, but for my needs, it's OK I'd say.

With the Gcam rooted, with the magisk fix, pictures are far better than OOS camera when it’s dark or in tricky sunshine conditions.

No pink dots, selfie shots are really better. The only drawback with the Gcam, is the time it takes to take the shot, several seconds where you have to stay still, but the quality is vastly improved for me compared to OOS camera.

When I need to shoot quickly, I use the OOS camera, but when I have time, I always prefer the Gcam.

I had a Galaxy S4 in the past, and even my OPX took better pics, so no need to say that the OP5 takes far better shots than the S4.

3. Laki Shetty Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

Laki Shetty, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Yes this issue started last 2 betas ago. Reported this issue to bug hunters. Lets see are they really concerned about fixing this???

4. Laki Shetty Honeycomb Feb 19, 2019

Laki Shetty, Feb 19, 2019 :
    Understood why u liked OP5...

syamkg12345 likes this.
  5. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

Rakshit_Patil and Zubair2017 like this.
  6. sachkharb Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

sachkharb, Feb 19, 2019 :

Can u explain how to turn off hdr? I can't found anything like that in settings

7. sachkharb Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

8. redlinecoatings Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

redlinecoatings, Feb 19, 2019 :
    at the top of the screen where all of the settings are in the view finder.

9. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2019

paulomodesto, Feb 19, 2019 :
    what?
    I had a Galaxy S4 in the past to, and it takes photos way better than my OP5T.
    I have Photos taken by my Galaxy S4 in the memory of my OP5T and comparing photos taken by both, the S4 are way better, so I'm guessing I would have a faulty OP5T camera.

10. fcarmona Froyo Feb 20, 2019

fcarmona, Feb 20, 2019 :
    you must export some xml config file

look for OP5-OP5T.xml or Urnyx05-settings-v1.1.xml

11. Zubair2017 Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

Shubham Gujjar likes this.
  12. sachkharb Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2019

sachkharb, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Link plz

13. sachkharb Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2019

sachkharb, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Sorry bro.. can't find that Screenshot_20190220-081917.jpg

14. G_Viru Jelly Bean Feb 20, 2019

jadisr2000 likes this.
  15. sonofagun Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

sonofagun, Feb 20, 2019 :
    In your settings you'll find a button about manual HDr+ control. Turn that on and reopen the camera, then you'll find the option.

16. Rotten Egg Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

Rakshit_Patil likes this.
  17. vinz_uk80 Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

vinz_uk80, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Yes, for sure, the OP5 takes much better pictures than my old S4.
    I remember missing lots of shots with the S4 because the focus time was so slow, and the shutter speed also, resulting in blurry pictures.
    In bad lighting conditions without flash, the results were really bad.
    With the OP5 and the standard Camera, the focus and shutter time are really fast, and I get really few blurry pictures.
    As for details, the S4 was good photo phone at its time back in 2013, but it's really blown away by the OP5 in 2017, indeed that is to be expected. But other phone (Pixel 3, Huawei mate 20 Pro...) take much better shoots than the OP5 for sure.
    And if your OP5T is rooted, you really should try the GCAM to take pictures in tricky conditions, the results are much better than what the stock camera can offer depending on the situation.
    The only drawback with the Gcam is the time it takes to capture the picture.

18. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2019

paulomodesto, Feb 20, 2019 :
    Indeed, the OP5T is fast to take photos, that's why I think it take blurry pictures, it looks like it is so fast that it don't focus almost all the time.
    The ones i take in good light condition and forcing focus, as we zoom it, we lost definition and looks like an oil painting, and that don't happen with photos taken by my old Samsung Galaxy S4.
    Have both photos taken by them in my OP5T memory and I can compare, and the ones taken by Samsung is far way better, there is no way my
    OnePlus 5T can beat that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019

19. vinz_uk80 Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

vinz_uk80, Feb 20, 2019 :
    You must have a faulty camera then, because even if the focus time is really fast on my OP5, it ALWAYS takes clear pictures. But since there is no OIS, you must take a picture standing the phone still.
    In the same condition, my OP5 takes for sure better shots than my old S4.

As I said, very very few blur pictures on my OP5, even with children moving with good lighting conditions.
    I agree with oil painting effet on my OP5 when you zoom in, but when I zoomed in pics taken with my S4, there were much less details than what my OP5 gives me.

Have you tried GCAM on your device?

20. paulomodesto Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2019

paulomodesto, Feb 20, 2019 :

Maybe i have a faulty camera but it´s something common to a lot of people.
    There are more people complaining about the quality of the photos taken by OP5T that saying good things of that.
    When i´m pointing my camera to take a picture, in screen appears an almost perfect and not blurred picture, but since i take the shoot the final result almost all the times is really bad, and have nothing to do on what i saw before i take the picture, so, i guess the issue is software related, not hardware.
    I have not tested the GCam because i don´t have root, there is a lot of versions avaliable and there is always something that don´t work...

But, camera issues apart, this beta update is taking so long to bake.