OxygenOS Open Beta 26 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 24 for OnePlus 5T

1. HalCapone
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2019

HalCapone , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Defo is software.NO one in the right mind rates the 5T camera everyone has the oil look when zoomed in. I have tride A few GCams without root and always uninstall it works slow and after taking a picture have to go to galley app just to look at it.

Tskg_69 and paulomodesto like this.
  2. Dpider
    Eclair Feb 20, 2019

Tskg_69 likes this.
  3. B1520401351844
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

4. davidjuarezalc
    Froyo Feb 20, 2019

davidjuarezalc , Feb 20, 2019 :
    what the hell is oneplus doing? now we have two unstable builds, one called "stable" and other called "open beta". no one update. we dont have any information. this sucks oneplus, you are better than this...

5. finneus
    Froyo Feb 20, 2019

finneus , Feb 20, 2019 :
    I mean I agree a little with you. I would really appreciate if they could keep us informed what is going on, or what they are planning for the next update for example. But I still prefer a more stable update over one that is rushed to get it released in time

6. majefx
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

majefx , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Since one ama half months we are not getting a beta. That's interesting. We are saying all good again with update schedule then boom again messing with schedule.!!!!!!!!!!

7. rahulag1997
    Eclair Feb 20, 2019

rahulag1997 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    what happened to this update? been 3 weeks since it was released and taken down. no new updates or any information about this update....

8. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 20, 2019

paulomodesto , Feb 20, 2019 :
    Well, my last OP5T beta update dates from day 14 January, it means it's been more than a month without any updates...

The new Xiaomi MI9 "Now Called OnePlus Killer" and Samsung Galaxy S10 were presented today, there are even an Samsung Galaxy S10 with 5G technology, thus exceeding OnePlus who wanted to be the first company to make available a 5G equipment.

Now they have to exceed expectations on they OP7 to not be exceeded by these or other companies, so I guess now even the OP6 and OP6T will suffer from slowly updates rates and less improvements and new stuff on our "old" devices.
    And poor of the owners of OnePlus 3/3T...

9. vinz_uk80
    Gingerbread Feb 20, 2019

vinz_uk80 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    But the great advantage of OnePlus is the great community of developers that propose great custom Roms to the devices.
    The phones are really easy to root, and it does not void the warranty.

For exemple, my OnePlus X (Nov 2015) which has been totally abandoned by OnePlus just 1 year after it's release and stuck under Marshmallow, it now runs perfectly well under Android Pie Lineage OS 16, with January 2019 security patch.
    I used to install at least 20 custom roms, under Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo and now Pie.

So even if OnePlus dos not release Android Q quickly on the OP5, I'm sure developers will sort it out within few months after google releases Android Q officially.

I already tried several custom roms on my OP5 under Pie, but OpenBeta 25 runs really perfectly well under my phone, and battery life is greater than ever.
    But if I find that updates slow down, I won't hesitate to flash custom roms.

daster_x and Fatih Aşkın like this.
  10. Raiden242627
    Donut Feb 20, 2019

Raiden242627 , Feb 20, 2019 :
    when or what is the ETA of resuming the update open beta if there is one?

11. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 21, 2019

paulomodesto , Feb 21, 2019 :
    No ETA!
    They are busy on OnePlus 7 and already thinking about the OnePlus 7T, there is just more important things to be busy than update older devices that ain't gonna bring more profits to company.
    This year they have real competition that it would be hard to beat!

Rotten Egg and Raiden242627 like this.
  12. raja.d

raja.d , Feb 21, 2019 :
    I think OnePlus forget about 5/5T... May be 5/5T does not exist for them anymore... 5T is the most neglected device for OnePlus.. Never given any Camera update... Really sad.. but it's reality...

B1520401351844 likes this.
  13. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Feb 21, 2019

Rotten Egg , Feb 21, 2019 :
    Now OP is regularly.... irregular on updates and stability....as far as old devices concerned.

Nikkhil likes this.
  14. macsenjose18
    Froyo Feb 21, 2019

macsenjose18 , Feb 21, 2019 :
    would be really happy if they ignore beta 26/24 and bring camera optimisation in the next one!

15. raja.d

raja.d , Feb 21, 2019 :
    Launch to till date they never give us any major camera update and now they are busy with their new device...

Forget about any minor camera update also... they want we just buy new device.. just the marketing strategy...

16. syamkg12345
    Honeycomb Feb 21, 2019

syamkg12345 , Feb 21, 2019 :
    Exactly, in the camera UI it's all perfect. Final image is not that good. But, it has improved a bit over these years..

17. mohitk593
    Froyo Feb 21, 2019

deviantartjr likes this.
  18. G_Venu_Acharya_iDlE
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2019

G_Venu_Acharya_iDlE , Feb 21, 2019 :
    Hi
    I haven't got 9.0.3 and OTA 26 too for my One Plus 5T in India. When do I get these updates?

19. Sam Nakamura

Sam Nakamura , Feb 21, 2019 :
    A updated security patch on custom ROMs however is only a partial success and still leaves vulnerabilities open for attackers...

"LineageOS (or any other custom ROM) is able to patch the Android framework thanks to AOSP, and they can patch the kernel thanks to the Linux kernel source. But the developers have to usually rely on OEMs for BLOBs to update vendor HALs, bootloaders, and more. The new “vendor” security patch level now reports when the BLOBs were last updated. This provides much more relevant Information..."

https://www.xda-developers.com/lineageos-trust-centralized-interface-security-privacy/

So there's unfortunately still a big dependency on the OEMs and Vendors (like OnePlus & Qualcomm) regarding security, that's why lineageOS started to separate the security patch information into framework and vendor, anything else would be misleading and would suggest a false sense of security...

PokiX and hellsgod like this.
  20. F_Timmy_Smith_UXcn
    Eclair Feb 21, 2019