OxygenOS Open Beta 26 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 24 for OnePlus 5T

1. Tingler
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

Tingler , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Any plans to fix casting? It takes my out from wherever I am straight to lockscreen :/

2. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Feb 24, 2019

PokiX , Feb 24, 2019 :
    You can't know if many would like it. You can install it manually on our devices. I tried. I uninstalled. Useless for me.
    All feature request should be done in feedback subforum. If many people vote, the feature request will be done in priority.

3. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2019

redlinecoatings , Feb 24, 2019 :
    It's not up to OnePlus to make it work, it's up to Google to allow OnePlus to use the feature. Which they have not yet.

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  4. jeyas
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2019

jeyas , Feb 24, 2019 :
    still problem is there...after downloading it's not rebooting
    tried local upgrade also

Ravi BINAVAT and syamkg12345 like this.
  5. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Feb 24, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  6. gargyagotra
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

gargyagotra , Feb 24, 2019 :

Clearly shows that while downloading you moved away from the update app and that's why you are facing this issue. Read through Manu's post and install through recovery now. The downloaded package will be in .ota folder.

To reiterate, it's not a bug and it's happening coz you failed to follow the instructions provided. As a beta user you are supposed to read the instructions provided clearly and if you expect more user friendly experience, then BETA is not for you.

Everley, zer0se7en and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  7. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Feb 24, 2019

the_o2 likes this.
  8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Feb 24, 2019

the_o2 , Feb 24, 2019 :
    9.0.4 I think because we have 9.0.3 right now.

buntycubal likes this.
  9. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 Feb 24, 2019

buntycubal , Feb 24, 2019 :
    oops , yes you're right ..

the_o2 likes this.
  10. Ravi BINAVAT

Ravi BINAVAT , Feb 24, 2019 :
    erase all data & make factory reset...

11. Dereck Edwards
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

Dereck Edwards , Feb 24, 2019 :
    why should one have to erase all.their data and factory reset in previous you have had to.do such.... OnePlus need to push out a working update

Peybro and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  12. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Feb 24, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Feb 24, 2019 :
    If you want a working good update wth are you on the Beta in the first place?

13. Ravi BINAVAT

Ravi BINAVAT , Feb 24, 2019 :
    totally agree....

14. Dereck Edwards
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

never had issues before so your statement is open as a jar

15. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Feb 24, 2019

I never had and don't have any major issues with Open Beta builds so far too...
    But if you haven't noticed:

PokiX and gargyagotra like this.
  16. Dereck Edwards
    Donut Feb 24, 2019

we all know that but there job is to correct regardless stop make excuse for there faults I am a consumer and I gave my input to things which my experience is affect by therefore they job is to correct it. the fact remains more than one user is affected so that should tell u something

17. Icecreamypie

18. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Feb 24, 2019

More then one user experience lags/hanging (as they say) but majority doesn't...
    That also tells something...

Yes you're right...
    OnePlus should have made a better update and/or did more testing before release but they have at least an excuse of it being OPEN BETA...
    If this was happening in the stable builds that would be a much bigger issue then now...

zer0se7en likes this.
  19. zer0se7en

zer0se7en , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Actually, it's up to the user if they know what they were doing when flashing all these updates then they wouldn't have to run through all these problems.

Honestly, from the time of purchase until now, I haven't. I even flash custom kernel and custom rom and even rooting, then unrooting then back to Stable or Open Beta. Mind you, all were done with dirty flashing. I never even have to factory reset. Only massive reset I have done was when jumping to Pie from Oreo. And it was only wiping System settings and cache via recovery mode... Just to be sure I won't run to any problems. And now flashed the new Open Beta 24.... still no problems.

So with all those experiences, was I just lucky? I don't think so.

It's really up to us users how to use all of these softwares being thrown for us. So whose to blame? Should I blame OnePlus just because some other users are having difficulty understanding their device and instructions and to make use of it? I don't think so too.

So stop playing the blaming game and learn how to do these flashing stuff properly.

20. gargyagotra
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2019

gargyagotra , Feb 24, 2019 :
    Dude...what sense of entitlement...keep it up...don't read instructions..don't follow other's suggestions...and keep expecting one plus to be at mercy of your whims and fancies..

Good luck to you sir...

PokiX and zer0se7en like this.