OxygenOS Open Beta 26 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 24 for OnePlus 5T

1. malhar.margaj
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

malhar.margaj , Feb 26, 2019 :
    hi there, I downloaded the patch for 4-5 times. and everytime it says download error once I click reboot link. any solution?
    1551170978240.jpg

2. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2019

PokiX , Feb 26, 2019 :
    Good apps are using the Google framework and have their data backups. Or they provide a way to export your settings.

I have hundred apps and it takes me less than an hour to factory reset (faster than posting once a day on this forum).
    So complain about that to the app developer.

Secondly, you are not ready for a phone crash or phone loss. This happens. And you seem to not handle your backup correctly. One day or another it will happen.
    This will be the same on any device. No backup is bad.

No need to say your going back to Apple or Xiaomi. Nobody really cares in a beta thread. Phones all have defects at some point, you'll run into issues on every brand..

Over all people having lags, not one skilled person investigated the problem. We also don't know if OP is working on this.

So again, factory resest is not the worst solution, it is *the* solution if you can't figure out the problem on your own.

3. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2019

PokiX , Feb 26, 2019 :
    Please search the thread.

Install from recovery or wait for next update.

4. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 26, 2019

paulomodesto , Feb 26, 2019 :
    I take less than 1 minute to do a factory reset, but put all like it used to be it takes lot's of time.
    Have backups of all my data "media" but settings data of my apps and Widgets configurations not really, don't know how to do, don't want root my device to do it.

I know I'm on a beta rom, but I see people complaining about same issue on "Stable".
    For me, up to Android 8 the beta was more stable and full of features than the so called stable", there was no issues at all, but since Android 9 it's getting worse update after update.

I think it's a matter of time they will fix this issues, until there only we can do it's complaining in this thread, that's why this was made.
    If we don't complain they not aware to fix the issues.

About the Finger print stops to work I already found the culprit and suggested they my theory so they can study the case, i can't do more than that.

5. SoumyaMahunt
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2019

SoumyaMahunt , Feb 26, 2019 :
    Is uninstalling magisk necessary before flashing ota??

6. PokiX
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2019

PokiX , Feb 26, 2019 :
    The best is to give your feedback in the feedback subforum.
    They explained how triage ordering is done: the more the stars or criticity, the more they will look.
    I don't think this forum was made for complaints but rather for user to exchange views, tips,.. it is said that this is not a place for communication with OP. I know this is not clearly stated (and called support). Just my advice to people: you get a problem , you raise a PR in feedback and put the link here and ask people to Star it.

I do use Nova Prime Launcher because it's fast (after long testing of most Launcher), extensive AND allows to backup everything from settings, widgets and even applications! as long as they are on the Launcher Desktop.
    I would never take a Launcher that does not have a working export/import function.

Otherwise, yeah I understand how painful it can be.
    Maybe time to try some alternatives.

But really, it's a waste of time to stay with a broken setup.
    Don't assume OP is working on this or will provide a fix!

Good luck!

paulomodesto likes this.
  7. Ry mahesh
    Donut Feb 26, 2019

Ry mahesh , Feb 26, 2019 :
    1551184060661.jpg
    that's what happened wen i downloaded from the official website

8. A1514626101322
    Donut Feb 26, 2019

Ry mahesh and PokiX like this.
  9. sthita72
    Donut Feb 26, 2019

sthita72 , Feb 26, 2019 :
    From what I see the one you downloaded is the stable package which is obviously a downgrade version of the Beta... Download Beta version and try again

Ry mahesh likes this.
  10. renzsJB
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2019

renzsJB , Feb 26, 2019 :
    just want to share that after local update and successful reboot, after few minutes of usage, my op5t hang and reboot.
    after reboot, it hang and reboot again but this time with blue light on top left corner.
    I press the power button and the oneplus logo comes on and afterwards it turns off.
    For 2 days I tried to switch it back on by normal boot, or recovery or fastboot with no success.
    Even charging with stock dash charger does nothing. No light or anything.

Now my op5t is with the service centre.
    Rgds

11. amitshrikulkarni
    Eclair Feb 26, 2019

amitshrikulkarni , Feb 26, 2019 :
    Received OTA update and followed as per instructions. Very smooth update and happy that nothing went wrong. I found this OB26 more stable than OB25 in terms of battery and performance. Overnight battery drain dropped to 5% with WiFi, location on. Battery lasted more than 24Hrs still have 16% remaining. 4Hrs of SOT with regular usage, 2 hrs of music and over 90 mins of calls. I'm yet to test camera quality for this OTA. Overall happy with more stable beta update.

12. Ry mahesh
    Donut Feb 26, 2019

Ry mahesh , Feb 26, 2019 :
    1551191181651.jpg
    Great bro..... it's working

13. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Feb 26, 2019

MJ_Vikram , Feb 26, 2019 :
    which phone are you using and package name doesn't look like beta its official stable so you are getting that message ..

14. nikhildhayatkar
    Froyo Feb 26, 2019

luantorreira and O1542895751445 like this.
  15. jugal_15
    Eclair Feb 26, 2019

jugal_15 , Feb 26, 2019 :

You haven't even posted for this, in community. What should I do?
    1551192187362.jpg

16. jugal_15
    Eclair Feb 26, 2019

17. sthita72
    Donut Feb 26, 2019

RoyxD4 and X1512964625366 like this.
  18. nikhildhayatkar
    Froyo Feb 26, 2019

sthita72 likes this.
  19. Pierre02
    Gingerbread Feb 26, 2019

20. 4sheesh