OxygenOS Open Beta 27 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 5T

1. vk.sinha
    Jelly Bean Mar 13, 2019

vk.sinha , Mar 13, 2019 :
    The update notification popped up on my OP5 a few minutes back and I am downloading the same as I type here.. I still don't see the thread for the OB, but I saw it yesterday for sure. Also posted a msg there..

2. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Mar 13, 2019

Rotten Egg , Mar 13, 2019 :
    After updating to OB26 my 5T is running very smooth. But what is "optimized notifications for quick setting" ?

3. F_Debabrata_Sen_yYkm
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2019

4. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 19, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Maybe...
    Update to OB 28/26 maybe?

5. F_Debabrata_Sen_yYkm
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2019

6. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 19, 2019

Mr_Cyrox , Mar 19, 2019 :
    If you're not on beta why are you posting in a beta thread?

7. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Mar 22, 2019

anupritaisno1 , Mar 22, 2019 :
    There is no reason to clear the cache

ART already has garbage collection support

https://source.android.com/devices/tech/dalvik/gc-debug

8. Mr_Cyrox
    KitKat Mar 22, 2019

9. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

10. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

sir1jaguar , Mar 28, 2019 :
    That's NOT a news, as those people who wrote it down are bug hunters and also software engineers.

Means, it's NOT just came from out of thin air.

By the way, that's NOT spamming at all...

Don't throw words because y'all heard/saw it somewhere.

Thanks & have a great day

11. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Mar 28, 2019 :
    You didn't understand what I said, I said don't post on these thread, you can create a thread for this news and if you say that this is coming up from a bug hunters then it will automatically be posted on sticky notes from OnePlus Staff.

12. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

Here's the problem, IF you know OnePlus bosses and their Gremlins, they don't listen (it's just a facade, they do).

As there's many people we know that found lots of holes from their software since last year BUT they didn't looked into it.

But because they are as not as big like Samsung & Apple, these people after they gave the informations to them, will just go away and let OnePlus owners suffer.

I hope you get the drift...

Some of them been published but MANY wasn't!

That's why we bought the S10's already and I'm here just to see what y'all doing.

Have a great day

13. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

Ok then enjoy your Samsung S10 with heavy battery drain on it and in standby sometimes and thanks for sharing info and letting everyone know about it.

Mr_Cyrox likes this.
  14. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

Heavy Battery drain?!?
    I have the S10 Plus and it has the best battery of any phone now.

What you got is FAKE NEWS!

STAND BY is amazing, it DEPENDS on what 3RD PARTY APPS you have, as that's the MAIN culprit.

I don't have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, etc......

Just what it comes with the phone, then some OFFICIAL apps from Google (Like Photos, Messages, DUO, etc...).

And I have more than 40% left when I arrived in my place @ 8pm, that's with calls, YouTube, messages, etc...

Don't just BELIEVE easily on random people in YouTube, internet, etc...

Thanks

15. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

Well not many but some users are affected including my friend who brought S10 recently with Exynos chip, it's real not fake I know who are not effected will say it so just saying when it comes then it happens don't go for any news on internet or Facebook, believe in it yourself.

When I purchased my OnePlus 5t I knew about the data stealing case which happened with OnePlus users, then also I brought their why because I believed it was not there confirm my friends who had 5t and went on, still using my 5t and I am 1 year on it and having 2 days battery life with internet always on and location always on and nearly heavy use see S10 plus how it stands besides OnePlus, my cousin brought s9 plus on next day I purchased my 5t and his battery have come now on 1 day and he says till now yes brother you have the phone with a good battery life, cheers and have a nice day :)

16. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

That's EXYNOS and we have the SNAPDRAGON with T-Mobile USA.

I got it for very low price for an S10 Plus from COSTCO, as they had instant $100 off plus up to $390 trade-in (I used one of my phone that's included in the list), then after all those discount & promo, the price was the same as when I paid for my 6T last November.

By the way, Samsung will open up the 25W super fast wired charging, even I'm already satisfied to what we have now, as since the 1st day I got mine, I didn't poke any holes/ports on my S10 Plus.
    I use Fast Wireless Charging in my bedroom, all the time.

I wake up by 6am, take it off from Wireless Charger, work and use it the whole day and when I arrived at my place between 8-9pm, the battery life have 40+% left. Then by 10-11pm, I'll go to bed and charge it wirelessly again.

It's not PERFECT, but it's almost there...

Have a great day

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019

17. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

That's some talks, I like to be interested it that, you will see standby time decrease in future and Samsung phones gets hot all the time, this was the reason I shifted to OnePlus phones and guess what durability on this beast is good, with only a simple transparent case in the box I used it have fallen 10 times still it have not effected any thing on the phone and if we speak about Samsung phones you how it goes, good luck.

18. sir1jaguar
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2019

Ok,

Here's the thing, I still have the OnePlus 6T (I love to collect and keep companies top of the line phones, it's murica).

And I can tell you that S10 Plus hardware (inside & outside) and the new ONE UI software is way beyond the cheaper OnePlus 6T.

The Korean are NOT the Chinese that even in their top of the line products, they tend to put substandard parts, but not in Korea, I've visited both countries and it's world's apart.

Back to the phone, I can guarantee you, that MOST problems of the phone since 2015 - onwards are mostly usage error.

IF you FACTORY RESET once a year (preferably every December), then don't install 3rd parties apps (just what apps it comes with it plus the official Google apps), charge it perfectly at night and don't drop/wet it, then you will have a phone that will last.

I still have S7 EDGE that my youngest daughter using until now and she loves it.
    I did Factory Reset it last December, put a new screen protector & a very nice case, it behave and look new again.

How much more the new S10 Plus?

I will sell this 6T soon, as I can't use a phone without wireless charging and MicroSD card slot anymore.

OnePlus never really listen to you or me, that's Chinese for you...

Have a great day

19. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2019

But I still love my OnePlus 5t