Not open for further replies.
  1. MicBlang
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

MicBlang , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Read it yourself

2. Sendhilinfo
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

Sendhilinfo , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Google assistant , Take a selfie is not working. It opens back camera. same thing is works fine in pixel.

3. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Jan 1, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.

this is from post 1..

Luis Sismeiro likes this.
  4. MicBlang
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

MicBlang , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Well, this beta program is a complete piece of junk when compared to google beta program.

5. MJ_Vikram
    KitKat Jan 1, 2018

MJ_Vikram , Jan 1, 2018 :
    haha now this one.. nice .. you won't read and blame op..

MikeG247 and otto2 like this.
  6. ankitttt
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

ankitttt , Jan 1, 2018 :
    anyone having this issue where screen just turns on randomly with notification

7. narshishukla
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

narshishukla , Jan 1, 2018 :
    do u want your device to be unlocked when screen is off?
    really???

MikeG247 likes this.
  8. Sai3034
    Eclair Jan 1, 2018

Sai3034 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    first time I am using Airtel Network since the update to Oreo am not getting volte in Hyderabad.. is this a problem in India or yet to be updated
    1514801311643.jpg

9. MikeG247
    Jelly Bean Jan 1, 2018

MikeG247 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    We are not stuck on anything. Some of us choose to remain on beta builds until the end because we enjoy testing new features etc, living life on the edge as they say. But at the end of the day we have the OPTION to return to stable at any time by following the simple instructions that are ALWAYS given in the opening post of the update threads. Of course returning to stable from beta usually involves a "downgrade" of sorts, hence the preference for a clean install and full wipe to ensure the OS runs smoothly, but that should not pose a problem once we have backed up everything.

10. MikeG247
    Jelly Bean Jan 1, 2018

MikeG247 , Jan 1, 2018 :
    No it shouldn't, because even stable Oreo 8.0 will change and improve over time, ultimately heading towards 8.1 and so on. How do you think those changes are to be tested if the beta programme doesn't continue? It has to continue, simple as that.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018

gowthammotox, idkwhoiam322 and otto2 like this.
  11. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

Luis Sismeiro , Jan 1, 2018 :
    LoL I couldn't resist... [e]263a[/e]️

Do you mean bugs in general or specific bugs? And off course it will have bugs, lots of them. It's a Beta version.

That's the reason an open Beta program exists, to find bugs so OnePlus can correct them before launching the final one.

This is the part where OnePlus makes use of the willing community to help them chase bugs.

Don't change to the open Beta version if you are not willing to have some bugs, some of them can even make parts of the smartphone unusable.

Cheers!

otto2 and MikeG247 like this.
  12. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

How about camera? How about battery consumption? How about any other important bug?

You shouldn't make your wishes a top priority where more important bugs needs to be fixed. Don't be selfish...

otto2 likes this.
  13. adrianis_MD
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018

adrianis_MD , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Those are improvements and this is a bug! Bugs should be squashed ASAP.

14. sachkharb
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2018

sachkharb , Jan 1, 2018 :
    :D:D:D yup...

15. yel
    Donut Jan 1, 2018

yel , Jan 1, 2018 :
    I had a problem with the update: came from beta2 with twrp. I lost all my data... had to format everything, install twrp bluespark and then I could install the big file. whenever I try to install magisk I have a black screen on boot with blue notofocation light on...
    any idea how to install magisk or supersu? I cannot use titanium...

16. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2018

Other people also claim their problems as important bugs... Just lay back and relax. OnePlus will off course timely correct all the bugs, just don't loose your head about it.

otto2 and MikeG247 like this.
  17. Sai3034
    Eclair Jan 1, 2018

18. Hari_Dwivedi
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Hari_Dwivedi , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Thanks for your thoughts.. with addition to this regarding face unlocking functionality in semi dark or fully dark condition they might add 'Assistive Lighting' feature for the same bug.

But, only if OnePlus really wants to provide this feature without any additional bug specially which is already been fixed in 5T or they can stretch this issue for further updates.

otrobruno likes this.
  19. Hari_Dwivedi
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2018

Hari_Dwivedi , Jan 1, 2018 :
    Yes it is true, even I am also facing the same. earlier I was used to get voLTE only on rare case I get regular 4G networks with Airtel in Hyderabad.
    Hope OnePlus will fix this soon for better call facility with the device.

Thanks for highlighting.

20. Hussain Nalwala
    Froyo Jan 1, 2018

Hussain Nalwala , Jan 1, 2018 :
    great downloaded the update face unlock working seamlesssly even in dark thank you oneplus for this new year's gift