OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 6

1. Manu J. Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

Manu J., Sep 14, 2018 :
    Open Beta3 for OP6.png

Hey everyone,

Here is the latest open beta build for OnePlus 6.

System
    • Fixed stability issues with ambient display
    • Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
    • Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power button for 0.5 seconds
    Parallel Apps
    • Added support for more apps (Telegram ,Discord,IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
    OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
    • Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
    • Supported backup and recovery for application data including home screen, lock screen and APP layout
    • Bug fixes and support for more Android models
    Known Issues
    • Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
    • Google Pay service is not working

Please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

We have integrated the Feedback tool into Community App and you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters with the community App.

To submit a new bug report
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > submit (the tool will capture logs based on the category)

[​IMG]

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (for example, network drops)
    Community app > Profile > Feedback > click on + icon > select a category > fill in the details attach screenshots if any > start recording (the app records logs in the background > once the issue has been reproduced > Stop Recording > submit

Do try out the new Feedback tool, it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Bughunters@oneplus.com

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found on the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.com/ (requires full data wipe before updating from stable to open beta).
    • Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).
    Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Never Settle.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018

2. aj2989 Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

Stickied Post
    aj2989, Sep 17, 2018 :
    ~~~~~~ Known Issues - Beta 3 ~~~~~
    September 18

When viewing downloaded videos from download folder, the brightness automatically reduces drastically within a few seconds of viewing. Disabling adaptive brightness or manually increasing the brightness bar to even 100% does not fix it(still becomes very dim).

Some Apps (Including Youtube ) are missing in App display in fullscreen list.

"Recent Apps on Shelf goes back to original size after resizing it.

Proper naming on the app cards. Example, Google Assistant will have it's own card yet it's only listed as Google beside the three dots. This also applies to Data Usage, Storage and Battery when opening them from the Dashboard.

Issues encountered on the recents menu as well as the Google NavBar such as:
    • When using the Google NavBar really quickly to go to the recents menu, it shows a smaller "x" than normal.
    • Referring from above, it will also display a blacked out card hovering over other cards sometimes.
    • Can't open recents menu while on Shelf and App Drawer.
    • Tapping the home button while on Google Assistant needs to be fixed."
    Thanks to @Jack_Sparrow_ for pointing out some of the issues.

Bluetooth Issues with phone calls (Car stereo system & some headphones) - the option doesn't stay selected after disabling/enabling bluetooth.

When using "pill" navigation gestures... the swipe home (pill) to right in landscape doesn't switch to last used app, which works in portrait mode though.

September 19th

Lock screen wallpaper not appearing darker if both home and lockscreen - same wallpaper, are applied at the same time. Applying seperately for home and lock seem to fix the issue - You guys can let me know if I'm wrong though.

Fingerprint sensor sometimes becomes unresponsive at random - don't know what triggers this. If someone finds out do let me know.

Do let me know on what issues you face on beta 3 (I'm not including the fixed ones from beta 2) by tagging me @aj2989 or replying to this.

Will edit this as we discover more bugs or if I have missed out on any existing ones.

NOTE:
    Some Features of Android P are mistaken as issues or bugs (Example : Screen Brightness Slider threshold and Volume Rocker adjusting Media over Ring/notification).

Please post your bug reports here to get it fixed officially.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Clearing Cache via Recovery(apparently does nothing) So read up on this quote from XDA
    "In addition to the other changes, the cache partition has been removed. It now resides in the data partition and is no longer used for anything related to updates. One result is that wiping cache in TWRP no longer does anything.If you want to clear cached data go into Settings>Storage & memory, then tap Cached data at the bottom and then tap OK. (This option is missing - Not sure if that's a P feature - Someone who knows about this do let me know)
    Try at your own risk.

Uninstalling and re-installing apps causing issues seems to fix the issues for some.

Clearing Cache of the apps causing issues seem to fix issues for some.

Factory Reset seems to fix some of the issues - try at your own risk after taking a backup.

For Downgrading to Official and receiving official updates - Instruction in page 1

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygen-os-open-beta-1-for-the-oneplus-6.898938/

PS: I am not part of the staff, just taking note of common issues and putting it on a single post for everyones benefit. Please do not DM me to fix the issues.
    Thanks for understanding.

@Funk Wizard here you go again.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018

3. Y1532198617909 Donut Sep 15, 2018

Attached Files:

4. Rox598 Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2018

Rox598, Sep 15, 2018 :
    The search function of this forum rolled out years ago

It's awesome you should try it.

Bellooch, aenews, Andy L. and 9 others like this.
  5. Y1532198617909 Donut Sep 15, 2018

Y1532198617909, Sep 15, 2018 :
    i am new so i don't knew this function

6. H1536532809929 Donut Sep 15, 2018

7. Y1532198617909 Donut Sep 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  8. M1536453573783 Eclair Sep 15, 2018

9. Y1532198617909 Donut Sep 15, 2018

10. M1536453573783 Eclair Sep 15, 2018

Ryanf78, vaviprakas, robmoh and 5 others like this.
  11. k.dhar87 Donut Sep 15, 2018

12. Dextro_619 Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

13. tortoise14 Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

14. Vidi Fadilakbar Donut Sep 15, 2018

15. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

G_Karothikeyan, Sep 15, 2018 :
    OB 3 update smoothly running on my device

thanks to one plus team and @Manu J.

Ryanf78, S1536022592186 and Vladut123 like this.
  16. sechinov Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2018

17. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  18. Rox598 Jelly Bean Sep 15, 2018

Rox598, Sep 15, 2018 :
    Remember there is no need to post "got the update here" etc. Everyone on the beta channels get the update at the same time! so stop wasting space with those posts and put proper bug reports in the right damn places.

Oh and i'm getting 3 days SoT with this build for those wondering about battery life.

19. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

20. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Sep 15, 2018

21. R1533966548375 Eclair Sep 15, 2018

R1533966548375, Sep 15, 2018 :
    lol in this beta3 the both SIM are not working until i deactivate the second sim

please need solution struggling soo much and even i cant degrade to beta1.

please help me.

thank you.