OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. Yannis Neris
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2020

2. AnshSm
    Donut Jan 5, 2020

AnshSm , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 5, 2020 :
    how to register for beta program? any option as I m new to this community. I searched many threads but didn't find the way.

3. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 6, 2020

ironass , Jan 6, 2020 :
    Open Beta test firmware may not always be as stable or as fully functioning as the stock, stable, official OxygenOS and installing it is entirely at your own RISK!

Once on the Open Beta channel, you will no longer receive the stock official OxygenOS OTA updates unless you revert your phone back to stock firmware, which may involve wiping your phone.

Open Beta is for experienced and competent users to assess and offer constructive feedback and submit detailed bug reports to OnePlus. Therefore, this is not a spoon feeding section of the forums.

You will not receive this OTA update unless you are already on the Open Beta channel. You can however, use the Oxygen Updater from the Play Store to download and install it.

(These links DO work. If you cannot open the links in the OnePlus Community app, switch to your Google Chrome browser)

4. AnshSm
    Donut Jan 6, 2020

AnshSm , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 6, 2020 :
    Thanks for reply.

ironass likes this.
  5. Reetej Kumar khadka
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2020

Starcommander likes this.
  6. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 6, 2020

Lauantai likes this.
  7. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 6, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 6, 2020 :
    I am loving this Beta 3 update.
    The atmosphere here is really cold and my OnePlus 6T works perfectly as a portable heater!
    Screenshot_20200105-203244.jpg

Temp can go up to 89.3°C
    Congratulations guys, oneplus has finally revealed the heater mode for OnePlus 6T this winter season!

8. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 6, 2020

Maverick2.0 , Jan 6, 2020 :
    Hey bro, how do you have so many icons on the status bar?

Starcommander likes this.
  9. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 6, 2020

Starcommander , Jan 6, 2020 :
    I disabled the notch!

Nabodit, Caoimhín and Maverick2.0 like this.
  10. Yannis Neris
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 6, 2020

ironass and Starcommander like this.
  11. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 6, 2020

Maverick2.0 , Jan 6, 2020 :
    Ok. You usually have an idea. That's why I asked.

ironass, Artemus. and Starcommander like this.
  12. rohitsharma_j22
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2020

rohitsharma_j22 , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Messaging apps new feature of transforming messages in visual cards is not working well now. It is identfying just a few sender's and showing images for very less senders. Initially when this feature was introduced it was showing images for maximum senders. But now just for 2-3 senders, Specially after OB1 update.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020

aryalmuskan17 likes this.
  13. ironass
    Lollipop Jan 7, 2020

ironass , Jan 7, 2020 :
    You never asked me though! :(

14. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Jan 7, 2020

Maverick2.0 , Jan 7, 2020 :
    You are the ultimate problem solver. Expert in helping people with all sorts of phone related problems. :D
    Didn't want to ask something as simple as an update on an update. :p

15. NodePoint , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Jan 7, 2020 :
    I noticed that if you have Google Maps navigation running and press the power button (when the device is in a locked state), the navigation shows instead of the lockscreen as it should but 'pocket mode' would still be active so covering of the sensor will give you the sort of screen you would get if you were to be on the lockscreen.

16. Lazer Dreamer
    Donut Jan 7, 2020

Lazer Dreamer , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Please bring 2-button navigation back. Somebody told me that it's impossible because Android 10 doesn't support it anymore but it's not true. Android 10 supports it and allows to set it up.

17. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 7, 2020 :
    Looks like it may never be back, but if you are willing to risk it, here is the ADB hack for OP7 series. Not sure if it will work in OP6 /6T though. So you can use it at your own risk.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/...plus-7-and-7-pro-running-android-10-beta/?amp

ironass likes this.
  18. Lazer Dreamer
    Donut Jan 7, 2020

19. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 7, 2020 :

Lazer Dreamer

Oh, lol, OP will make a big mistake. It's very strange to have TWO types of gestures. Useless decision​

Google have their own inbuilt Android Gestures. OP have their own. Every phone manufacturer will introduce their own customisations as always.

However they will be on top of whatever Google decide to bake into the Android system. There is no getting away from whatever Google decide to bake into the Android system. You can choose which you prefer to use. Everyone likes choice, right.

1578439200322.jpg

ironass and drl431 like this.
  20. griffogriffo
    Eclair Jan 8, 2020

griffogriffo , Jan 8, 2020 :
    I just downloaded the ROM and installed it. It said it was going to wipe the device, but on reboot it came back up with all data intact.

PrakarshX and Caoimhín like this.