OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T

1. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

MikeMp , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    my system storage is 15gb. what can i do to reduce it?

2. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

Caomhin likes this.
  3. adametalhc
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

adametalhc , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Finally on the beta!!! okay so, everything seems good, minus a few things

Firstly is the unlock animation briefly shows the lockscreen when using fingerprint

With the notch on show, the YouTube app still does not have an "app display in full screen" option so you can't selectively hide it within that app. I suspect that's a Google issue, however

The main annoyance is in hiding the notch. The time and icons are now below the blacked out amoled portion of the screen. I don't mind that it's now more rounded, but this feels like a step backwards and makes having a tall phone feel pointless with the wasted screen real estate. I sincerely hope it's just a bug and not a design choice.

4. RomeoVenkatesh
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

5. ahssyr
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

6. pradhep
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

pradhep , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Dear OnePlus just for the heck of it don't release updates, still occasional lag/freeze is there. keyboard space is not looked into for months now. Security patch is on November while we are in December mid month. Also hide notch option is just absurd as its awfully implemented, better to learn to live with notch.

7. RomeoVenkatesh
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2019

RomeoVenkatesh , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 17, 2019 :
    bro how to upgrade...? just download file and then local upgrade...?

8. adametalhc
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

adametalhc , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I had to roll back to stable android 9 first before going to the newest beta via upgrade. if you scroll up, you'll find the replies that helped me do it

9. S1541767555421
    Eclair Dec 17, 2019

10. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

11. leonidsl
    Donut Dec 17, 2019

leonidsl , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I have some weird 5ghz disconnecting and instantly reconnecting issue as well after updating to android 10 on op6..so this is a bug i suppose

12. akshay04 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Dec 17, 2019 :
    How your device showing December security patch as an update?

13. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 17, 2019 :
    For lag go through a couple of full charge cycles, then restart the phone.

Keyboard space is a Google Android feature, blame Google.

Security patch for December was messed up and Google withdrew it. Only just started to send it out in the last couple of days, this build was signed off on 11 December before the Dec update became available. Again blame Google

Notch option is by design, either you want it enabled or you don't, if you don't then the screen will drop to hide the notch by design. Same as on 9 Pie

inkaine and Artemus. like this.
  14. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

Wrong thread that's a stable A10, take it back over to that thread, this is Open Beta 3 A10 thread.

15. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

That's the Google Playstore December security update. The Android Security update above that is November, same as everyone in Beta 3.

Google now have a feature where it will give monthly Framework Security updates for the Google Playstore. Part of project mainline for Android 10.

If you click on where it shows December update in the image it will search for an update for Google Playstore

16. akshay04 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I know this mate, but mine only shows October one as an update
    1576616547684.jpg

Caomhin likes this.
  17. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

If you are on Beta 3 and have the Router mentioned in the posts after the one you viewed, please submit a bug report. That particular post you are replying to has further comments and replies if you look through the thread concerning that particular model of router

18. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Dec 17, 2019

19. akshay04 , via OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I did that but it still shows October one, anyways I will wait untill the new one pops up

Caomhin likes this.