OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

firoz_momin , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 12, 2019 :
    but why build no shows OnePlus 7pro as build number for OnePlus 7 phone?

2. FroMagnumXL
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

FroMagnumXL , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 12, 2019 :
    I was having this issue and it turned out to be a third part messaging app. I reinstalled the full update, cleared cache, cleared network settings, then uninstalled the third party text message app, sent and received a few from the default OnePlus messaging app, resinstalled the third party messaging app and haven't had a reboot since. I was getting a reboot with every text I received previously.

3. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Swejuggalo , Oct 12, 2019 :
    You expected stable build? Then you probably missed out on some important info when joining beta.
    Beta gets beta updates. You joined a separate update channel.
    To go back to stable you need to revert to stable manually. There are usually 2 ways.

1. Flash full stable over beta. It needs the stable to be of never build date than the beta though. It will wipe the phone! So downloading 10.0.1 manually from links or Oxygen Updater should work. However some user didn't get it to work. It may be that the Stable build has a build date older than beta despite being released after beta.

2. Go to Open Beta 1 thread and download downgrade to stable 9. It will wipe the phone! Then manually upgrade or wait on OTA.

(3. Stay on beta and get twice as many updates and new features before stable does)

4. ShashwatTiwari
    Eclair Oct 12, 2019

C1566492973084 and Ulises Robles like this.
  5. JorgeMaTeixeira
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2019

6. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

i think you misunderstood my question, while enrolling for beta i selected build OnePlus 7 so as my device (there was different build for OnePlus 7 Pro clearly) so today when i updated latest update it shows build as OnePlus 7pro fir my OnePlus 7 device. i hope I'm clear this time.

ps- i know what beta program is, just wanted to clear my confusion that are we getting same builds for both device or it just bug in beta ota update?

7. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Betas has same update number for both phones. But always separate firmware files. If your update says 7 Pro of some reason I don't know where you see that info.
    Stable has the same update numbers too currently. But if Pro versions needs a urgent fix but not non Pro the numbers may be different again.

8. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

attached pic for your ref. now i think u got my point.
    1570910311979.jpg

Swejuggalo likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Ah. Probably just a mistake in the build process. If it was truely wrong build it should be several things faulty here and there.

10. Magnetic Nerd
    Jelly Bean Oct 12, 2019

11. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

now you scaring me
    #OnePlus 7

12. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

Exactly... And your build says 7 Pro. If was something else than 7 firmware but with wrong build tag you would have noticed some problems

firoz_momin likes this.
  13. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

how can i raise to OnePlus team now? issue could be in wider audience... and must be fixed ASAP

14. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

As long as the build number is just an information mistake and does not affect functionality it can say practically anything there. If it would say "I love iPhone" it would make me more scared than the wrong phone model [e]1f609[/e]

ravikrcsia likes this.
  15. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

You could use the community app and report the wrong build tag info with the built-in feedback tool

ravikrcsia likes this.
  16. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

lol.
    i hope nothing is broken (i would get to know when i start using latest update) and hope upcoming update for oneplus 7 only will be updated onwards on my phone and not the 7 Pro updates

ravikrcsia likes this.
  17. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

i do not see this option, just found this community discussion and i updated here only. Thanks for your quick responses

ravikrcsia likes this.
  18. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Oct 12, 2019

A very good way to verifiy that it's nothing more than just wrong build info is to check if you have Horizon light in ambiant screen, 90 Hz screen options and so on. But I really doubt it. Must be a minor information bug only.

Go to home in the community app. Press the red symbol.

1570913374208.jpg

ravikrcsia likes this.
  19. nitramcek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2019

20. firoz_momin
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2019

thanks bro, just posted.