OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. elanglois
    Lollipop Oct 28, 2019

2. JeivikS76
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

JeivikS76 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    After updating to open beta 3 my OnePlus 7 started heating up a lot and the battery consumption is monstrous even in normal use. What caused and when the stable Android 10 will be open for all.

3. Adi_2019
    Eclair Oct 29, 2019

Adi_2019 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 29, 2019 :
    This rounded corners thing is stupid. Totally unnecessary, no added function, usability, convenience, nothing. It gives nothing except wastage of space. I so frickin hate it.

4. sameerammu
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2019

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Downgrade to stable 9 first. Or wait for next stable and flash that over beta (don't update beta before that). Both options wipe the phone. Or stay with beta channel. Beta 5 comes next week.

Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Step by step video. Some awesome entertainment during the download included. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/
    Video http://bit.ly/2lPAkuy

6. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 3, 2019 :
    Stable version can be flashed over beta when stable is newer than the beta. Don't know the date of the 7 build.

7. singhalnikhil17
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

singhalnikhil17 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    I want to move back to the official OTA from beta. How can I do that? Please let me know the step by step process.

8. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Least steps would be to wait on next stable to release. Then download full update and flash over the beta (normally wipes the data on the phone). Always possible as long as the stable is newer than the beta version.

Other alternative is a rollback but that involves rolling back to 9 first...and wipes data.

Update/Downgrade your phone with starting from the community app. Step by step video. Some awesome entertainment during the download included. Downgrade file exists in the first post in OB1.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-for-the-oneplus-7-and-oneplus-7-pro.1099154/. Video http://bit.ly/2lPAkuy

9. singhalnikhil17
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

singhalnikhil17 , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Is next stable release out yet? I'm on beta 3 right now.

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 13, 2019 :
    If its paid off, unlock it and switch to the global OOS and you'll get updates from Oneplus.

Part of the original design of Oneplus was to take the phone out of the hands of the carrier and provide a flagship device that is affordable enough to where you don't need the purchase to be subsidized by your carrier.

You carrier should be a service provider, not a hardware or software provider.

otto2 likes this.

11. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 13, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 13, 2019 :
    Pay off your debt so that you own the phone.

Next, contact me. I can walk you through how to unlock the bootloader, use TWRP to flash anything you want. If its OOS, you can relock your bootloader. No MSM tool needed.

otto2 likes this.

12. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 14, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 14, 2019 :
    Specifically what is the issue with the device?

13. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Nov 14, 2019 :
    At first it started not sending or receiving texts. They made me do a factory reset because they didn't want to send me a warranty unit. Now certain apps don't work, like the T-Mobile app ironically. I think that these are software based problems.

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Check your APN settings, and you shouldn't need an app ... what's the T Mobile app do?

And have you tried a different SMS app?

15. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Yes SMS is back working, none of the T-Mobile apps are working. I am about to give up and JUMP to something else. I don't anticipate getting Oxygen OS 10 on T-Mobile until maybe March of 2020 at the rate it is going. I also don't think that the software update will fix my software glitches.