OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Weirdpepperguy , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Nov 15, 2019 :
    No I was just answering your questions. I will call T-Mobile again later and try to get them to sort it out. I do like Oxygen OS. I am just frustrated that mine stopped working correctly. Personally I think that it is T-Mobile's software. I also think that it might have something to do with optimization and Android 10. All of the apps that I am having trouble with are T-Mobile apps. The SMS issues were their Network settings.

2. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2019

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Didn't I tell you it was APN settings?

3. vmrvenkatesh
    Eclair Nov 18, 2019

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Nov 19, 2019

5. bmwfire
    Eclair May 7, 2020

bmwfire , via OnePlus 7T , May 7, 2020 :
    After Beta 3 update i have noticed :
    *While gaming the 7T is getting more hot than before playing the same game.
    *The signal of my mobile network is lower than before.

Hope we getting more often updates ! Thank you OnePlus Team

6. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2020

JmcRepair33 , May 7, 2020 :
    POST IT IN THE RIGHT THREAD!

7. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

8. JmcRepair33
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2020

JmcRepair33 , May 8, 2020 :
    this is 7pro thread and you mentioned 7t which is completely different hardware

9. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

bmwfire , via OnePlus 7T , May 8, 2020 :

JmcRepair33

this is 7pro thread and you mentioned 7t which is completely different hardware​

ok thanks i will change now my mistake

10. elanglois
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 8, 2020 :
    Attention Updaters!

The code changes between revisions of OOS are minor, little features and tweaks. The heart of Android that is running your game, the ART virtual machine, is not changed at all by OnePlus and neither is the hardware. Nothing about playing a game has changed. It is possible that governor settings have changed, but .. it's easy to test and see if they have or haven't and they rarely ever change. So ...

The phone is NOT getting hotter. It's all in your head! The only other possibility is that you just updated, the ART cache has been invalidated (or you stupidly wiped it following some silly post), and hasn't yet been rebuilt. You need to leave your phone plugged in OVER NIGHT to let it optimize! Don't post anything about an update until a few days have gone by, and ALWAYS plug it in before you sleep!

Second, look at your baseband version before and after. Most updates do not ever change this. The piece of the OS that controls the mobile radio is totally different from the Android applications processor. Totally different processors! Again, the update didn't change your signal strength at all. Clouds might change it, your position, how you hold the phone ... all these make a huge difference, but not usually the OS revision.

vriesdejoop and otto2 like this.
  11. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

Smarty its definitely have changed what i said previously and i haven't changed my locations or the clouds have not moved in 5 min which i have updated the phone ! I have not been written something if it hasn't changed !

12. elanglois
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

Signal strength changes from second to second on its own. You just admitted that you updated 5 mins ago. So, you have NO idea about heat generation and could not possibly have generated an average measurement of heat not signal strength over time.

Clouds move CONSTANTLY

You are basically proving my point. You are just sitting there swearing that things have changed which don't ever change, and I hear people report the same crap EVERY update. If that were true we'd all have phones so slow they'd be unusable, hot enough to cook eggs the moment the screen was turned on, and so signal strength at all. You know there is a CLOSED Beta that would find any of the bugs you are claiming you found ... you say you found these bugs in 5 minutes, and no one in the closed beta program ever noticed these severe downgrades?

What is your signal strength right NOW?

otto2 likes this.
  13. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

I haven't said i updated 5 min ago read properly , i said after 5 min of update i have noticed changes, the signal straight away went down less than half , but getting hot after playing a game for 10 - 15 min which before wasn't ( i played the same game before update and wasn't getting hot ) or i need to explain to every minute at what time i have updated !
    Have you updated to beta 3?

14. elanglois
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

Half? You mean 6dB.

You didn't answer the question. What's is your signal NOW

15. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

16. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

17. elanglois
    Lollipop May 8, 2020

OMG!

I'm done with you. The bars at the top are NOT a reliable indication of signal strength. There is a variable in Android that tells it how much to make that indicator LIE.

You can only compare the real signal strength, measured in dB. That is real empirical data! Open Settings, go to About Phone, find the tile for signal strength and click the one for your SIM.

Mine currently fluctuates between -113 and -119dB. That 6dB is actually a LOT! The -119 is half the strength of -113dB, and that range was measured just while typing this email. The noise floor is considered to be around -120dB where you start to drop calls. The device can measure to about -125db but -125 is basically no signal but the device didn't give up yet.

The indicator lies so people that have no knowledge don't freak out over the real signal variations

otto2 likes this.
  18. bmwfire
    Eclair May 8, 2020

-114 mine
    I am not professional in this , i just write the changes what i have noticed after update , nice i learned something new !
    A medal for you ! [e]1f601[/e]

19. elanglois
    Lollipop May 9, 2020

elanglois , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 9, 2020 :
    next time you look at signal changes between updates, get a feel for what levels you see (in dB) over an extended period of time both before and after the update. I'm sure the real levels in dB won't change

otto2 likes this.
  20. H1569911053068
    Donut May 12, 2020