OxygenOS Open Beta 30 for the OnePlus 3 and 21 for the OnePlus 3T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Jan 16, 2018

Adam Krisko, Jan 16, 2018 :
    Hey everyone,

We’re back with the newest Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.

After you update and use the builds for a bit, please fill out our survey on UX & UI here:
    https://goo.gl/forms/SIvoAcOSQEKnt7Bf2 .

Changelog:

Launcher:
    • Launcher Updated to v2.3
    • Drawer categories
      • You can see new categories when using the search icon in the drawer
    • Auto folder tagging
      • When you add applications that are similar, our system will help you automatically name the new folder you created
    • Dynamic Icon for Clock
      • The Clock icon is now dynamic
    • Notification dot optimization
      • The Blue notification dots present to notify you of a newly installed app will now be removed automatically after 15 days
    • Launcher usage tips improved
      • We’ve added some new helpful tips for first use of the launcher

System:
    • Support for Airtel VoLTE in India
    • Face Unlock function added
    • Added OnePlus Switch application for backup & restore
      • We’ve added the new OnePlus switch app so moving your information to a new OnePlus device will be easier than ever
    • Other bug fixes and optimizations

Known issues:
    • Airtel VoLTE feature may not work (have coverage) in some areas
    • Some third party camera applications may not fully work with this update

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/

Please note:
    1. If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    2. If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found in the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/
    3. Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    4. Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

2. CHIRAGJAINOFFICIAL Froyo Jan 16, 2018

CHIRAGJAINOFFICIAL, Jan 16, 2018 :
    we want both sim volte update & also fm radio function !! please fix camera issue, improvement required for face id update,after this update volume button not working properly, bettery drain fastly after this beta update,also fix touch function issue

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018

3. 97pratyush Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2018

4. PARTHI_SaNjay Honeycomb Jan 16, 2018

bart877ie, Bikkyas, AJLM10 and 70 others like this.
  5. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jan 16, 2018

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018

6. Z1516067103744 Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

7. Fabritrv Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 16, 2018

Fabritrv, Jan 16, 2018 :
    Have a great time testing everyone.

Disclaimer: didn't know what to say, but I wanted to be in the first comments for once.

8. jason990503 Honeycomb Jan 16, 2018

9. Raviteja Teegala Froyo Jan 16, 2018

10. sunand777 Froyo Jan 16, 2018

11. SidMAX86 Honeycomb Jan 16, 2018

12. Punk_69 Lollipop Jan 16, 2018

Punk_69, Jan 16, 2018 :
    Will be testing that "Face Unlock" people were crying for...
    I'm still unable to understand why it's being added [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Btw looking forward to see what bugs are fixed...

And yes, my Ambient display issue was solved in the last beta :)

Work on camera though, the new apps and a newer camera software, it's a little messed up since late nougat and these early oreo updates @Adam Krisko

13. Android450 Lollipop Jan 16, 2018

14. fdroko Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2018

fdroko, Jan 16, 2018 :
    already installed, to be the first version of face unlock works very well :cool:

the launcher seems horrendous o_O, please adjust the design of the application drawer

15. Android450 Lollipop Jan 16, 2018

Android450, Jan 16, 2018 :
    I think it looks better :confused:

floriaaan and Fabritrv like this.
  16. Aiden_Pearce Gingerbread Jan 16, 2018

17. fdroko Jelly Bean Jan 16, 2018

fdroko, Jan 16, 2018 :
    in the previous version it looked very good, now it seems that you have plenty of space when you go down to the end of everything

18. humanzqzr Honeycomb Jan 16, 2018

humanzqzr, Jan 16, 2018 :
    Welcome back @Adam Krisko. Just to know if oneplus have any plans for shifting doze mode option from developer options? As in latest build doze mode option is not present in developer settings.

19. k1nsey6 Donut Jan 16, 2018

k1nsey6, Jan 16, 2018 :
    A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶W̶i̶F̶i̶.̶.̶.̶.̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶W̶i̶f̶i̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶a̶c̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶.̶

It was a custom kernal that hasnt been updated for compatibility. Worked fine on OB 20

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018

20. Android450 Lollipop Jan 16, 2018

Android450, Jan 16, 2018 :
    I'm sure that can be tweaked put it in feedback :D