OxygenOS Open Beta 35 for the OnePlus 5 and Open Beta 33 for OnePlus 5T

1. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Jun 26, 2019

Manu J. , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 5 and 5T. Please note that this will be the last open beta for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.

Release notes
    • System
      • General bug fixes and stability improvements
    • Weather
      • Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
      • Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping and holding on them
      • Optimized user experience by allowing you to use this app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled
    • Phone
      • Improved animation effects when switching between pages
      • Improved experience with searching for contacts
      • Optimized Quick Responses for declined calls and supported editing Quick Responses
    • Zen Mode
      • Added Zen Mode helping you keep away from the screen and back to life for 20 minutes

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Please note:
    1. If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    2. Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    3. Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)
    4. Please note that this is the last open beta for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T, to move back to official Mp stream here is the Rollback build (this will wipe your data) for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019

2. razzor228
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 26, 2019

AnonymousWP , Jun 26, 2019 :
    We already added the one for the 5T (both full and incremental) to Oxygen Updater. We'll add the ones for the 5 as soon as possible (they're not rolling it out yet).

@Manu J. By the way, there's a typo; 'Zen Mod' instead of 'Zen Mode', and 'minute' instead of 'minutes'. :p

4. Shahrukh Khan1722
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  5. arpit1+
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

6. Pierre02
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

7. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

Some_Random_Username , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Quite sad that you didn't choose to continue the Open Beta program until Q release since you confirmed that it will be released for these devices here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...eatures-heading-to-oneplus-5-5t-6-6t.1037976/ as I believe it would be useful for bug hunting. Unless you're planning on doing the same Community Beta for update hungry persons like you did for 3/3T Pie release?

Also are you planning on giving the features introduced since the latest betas to stable by next OTA update or will you rather wait until Q release to do so?

Will we also have the chance to get a rollback zip to stable Pie or are you planning on leaving us on our own to get back to stable by either having to contact customer support or using leaked msm packages like OP6T owners who wish to go back to stable? More info here https://piunikaweb.com/2019/02/15/a...ip-to-stable-makes-oneplus-6t-users-agitated/

EDIT: Thanks for editing your post to give a link to rollback packages though I would have preferred you to answer directly by using quote and reply functions

8. Malg220
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

9. AndroFan
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

feernando997 and Ravi BINAVAT like this.
  10. G_Dumitru_Sirbu_mOzS
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2019

G_Dumitru_Sirbu_mOzS , Jun 26, 2019 :
    ,After this uodate, it feels normal. But I have a little idea for developers: in getures mode ( non pixel getures), when you want to get to home screen, for example in WhatsApp with keyboard open, I mean already ready to write something, movind from the bottom gestures to get to home screen, it always write a letter from where I swipe. I think you should leave a lil bit more space from the bottom of the screen ( a black line or something), to have more useful space using full gestures.

Thank you!!!

11. thejoemaya
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

thejoemaya , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Suddenly it feels very lonely. The end of open beta for op5. I am on open beta from day 1. so no more feature update. Sad and lonely. The past 2 years went like a breeze with my beloved op5. I just changed my battery. Easily surpassing 5hrs and sometimes reaching 6hrs sot. I will rest my op5 with the next release.

Sweet dream Oneplus 5.

12. ABHISHEKCHAVAN21
    Donut Jun 26, 2019

13. ItzMoSiraj
    Donut Jun 26, 2019

Depon158, Ank_roy, f_slwy03 and 6 others like this.
  14. thejoemaya
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

thejoemaya , Jun 26, 2019 :
    1561551709809.jpg
    The last update[e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e][e]1f62d[/e]

Update: the phone feels fluid as usual. But I presume a little heating.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019

15. yowhatup
    Froyo Jun 26, 2019

yowhatup , Jun 26, 2019 :
    The last open beta update? Doesn't make much sense, can't wait for the Pixel 4.

16. danvxz
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

danvxz , Jun 26, 2019 :
    the 5T only got 1 year of open beta while 5 got 2?

will we 5T get more Q open betas or something? or is this just it

17. im.ashish
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

im.ashish , Jun 26, 2019 :
    As we know this is the last open beta for op5/5t is it necessary to go to stable one ?
    can i on this beta till the open beta start for q ?
    and if Answer is NO!

Then how to go back (stable)
    Is laptop/computer needed or just done the process with mobile only?

18. Rotten Egg
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

Rotten Egg , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Now Open beta updates closed for OP5/T......what next and when ?...A big suspense ..:rolleyes:

19. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Jun 26, 2019 :
    Very sad to hear that this is the last Open beta, now Oneplus 7 Pro features that will be coming on Oneplus 5 and 5T will be coming in Android Q, for now everyone this will be the last Open beta till Android Q beta comes out, and we can only shift on stable if we want to update our phone if we think we want to and for that we have to download the file go through the local upgrade, it was nice Open beta features Manu and the Team and some nasty problems in between too, so then meet you guys on Android Q Open beta update next year, till then Peace.

20. AgenteAlves
    Eclair Jun 26, 2019

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.